wonglw24

Reaction score

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Done that also.. but still only 3G signal, seems like can never ever get 4G.. been here about 7 days liao, never ever get 4G... locals here on same network have strong 4G... duno wtf is wrong..
Check the phone settings.
One other method is to remove the SIM card to put to another phone, not iPhone.
See if 4G signal is present or not..
... better still try on their phones.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update. As of today, seems like my main line has 4G signal. No idea what they did, however, I will be going back in 2 days time, been a horrible 2 weeks without 4G...

My multisim for iPad tagged to main line still no 4G and so is my second line for my missus also no 4G at all...

M1 promised to waive all data passport charges in my next bill, but I just received it and as cock up as usual, the fees are not waived.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update. As of today, seems like my main line has 4G signal. No idea what they did, however, I will be going back in 2 days time, been a horrible 2 weeks without 4G...

My multisim for iPad tagged to main line still no 4G and so is my second line for my missus also no 4G at all...

M1 promised to waive all data passport charges in my next bill, but I just received it and as cock up as usual, the fees are not waived.

Could well be on Philippine's telco side problem not giving you full 4G coverage. There is nothing M1 can do when you're in another country. Most problems are non-tech-savvy user problems not knowing how to set their phone settings to overseas roaming, select the correct telco partner manually, etc.

So far my experience with M1 Passport on many travels are smooth sailing on my iPhone 6S.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could well be on Philippine's telco side problem not giving you full 4G coverage. There is nothing M1 can do when you're in another country. Most problems are non-tech-savvy user problems not knowing how to set their phone settings to overseas roaming, select the correct telco partner manually, etc.

So far my experience with M1 Passport on many travels are smooth sailing on my iPhone 6S.

Telco partner selected manually and roaming data turned on and set to enable 4G. Major tourist area and mall and international airport no 4G, something is not right.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
無麽"數據护照",starhub嘅预付卡去到澳州有時會接错網絡,數據無得用。。。
所以用手動設定係啱嘅。

Solkarnar

Master Member
Reaction score
Telco partner selected manually and roaming data turned on and set to enable 4G. Major tourist area and mall and international airport no 4G, something is not right.
Actually it's not M1 fault, I have been in ph for quite awhile already. PH telcos , globe in this case, provides services on a as-it-is basis. Services in pinoy land can go down, change and have all sorts of shiet happening for no reason and explanation.

Sent from ╭(╯ε╰)╮ using GAGT

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually it's not M1 fault, I have been in ph for quite awhile already. PH telcos , globe in this case, provides services on a as-it-is basis. Services in pinoy land can go down, change and have all sorts of shiet happening for no reason and explanation.

Sent from ╭(╯ε╰)╮ using GAGT

But the weird thing is that, after I complained to M1, my main line now has somewhat stable 4G. But my wife line, still always 3G only. Even we are side by side same area, my phone 4G max signal, hers still 3G.. tried reset phone, reset network setting, manually choose network and make sure data roaming 4G enabled, still getting 3G. Damn frustrating.

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
These have been my issues exactly. I hardly ever get 4G in Indonesia. 3G if lucky. Last week I got about 30 seconds of 4G in Jakarta but quickly went to 3G.

I don't think the M1 website says it will be 4G. Just says use abroad. So maybe they get cheaper rate by limiting to 3G only. Anyway it's not as good as advertised to me.

But the weird thing is that, after I complained to M1, my main line now has somewhat stable 4G. But my wife line, still always 3G only. Even we are side by side same area, my phone 4G max signal, hers still 3G.. tried reset phone, reset network setting, manually choose network and make sure data roaming 4G enabled, still getting 3G. Damn frustrating.

john_ric

Reaction score
i used m1 data passport in vietnam and cambodia. it was a disappointment.

the local partners were weak which covered only city areas. outside city becomes no signal.

in vietnam it was even worse, i could not connect to the local at all.

completely waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a charge rate conversion facility.
If you think it doesn't function the way you desire, you can turn it off and just pay full rate like it will make any difference to the transmission.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used m1 data passport in vietnam and cambodia. it was a disappointment.

the local partners were weak which covered only city areas. outside city becomes no signal.

in vietnam it was even worse, i could not connect to the local at all.

completely waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Question is, does their local telco cover outside of city? If its a no, M1 also cant do anything as decision lies with local telco on providing coverage?? M1 is just riding along their lines for the data.

I think mypassport is good for developed countries. For non-developed countries, can try getting sim card frm qoo10. Eg, for bkk 8 days, passport charge $10+$2. I buy sim card from qoo10 at $5.90 nia. Buy more and can get better discounts thus reducing individual pricing. Compared to korea simcard at $1x, it may be more worth to use passport.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I fully understand that it’s dependent on the local telco coverage in the country that you are in. However I cannot accept that major city area, international airport and main shopping malls NO 4G? Cannot be right.. what’s worst is after I complained, at major shopping mall, my phone has stable 4G and my wife beside me only 3G no matter how try also no 4G for her... really crap.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I fully understand that it’s dependent on the local telco coverage in the country that you are in. However I cannot accept that major city area, international airport and main shopping malls NO 4G? Cannot be right.. what’s worst is after I complained, at major shopping mall, my phone has stable 4G and my wife beside me only 3G no matter how try also no 4G for her... really crap.

Depends on your phone actually. The device may not be compatible with the roaming 4G bands in the country, that's why you only have 3G.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.