prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

asdyui31

Reaction score
If only have passport how arh? Can't get the sim card isit

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
need 2 id one meh? i bought from da ge da they only asked for passport.

i didnt even bring any other photo id with me when i visited taiwan last week and last year.

tch7759

Reaction score
need 2 id one meh? i bought from da ge da they only asked for passport.

i didnt even bring any other photo id with me when i visited taiwan last week and last year.
Did you buy at the airport before immigration or after immigration? Only passport required?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you buy at the airport before immigration or after immigration? Only passport required?

Should i say. Sometimes they want dual cards identity.
When i change my card to 4G, they also wants a second card verification.

kitkat2

Reaction score
in taiwan, officially, any application process will require 2 IDs. in the past, there had been cases of people abusing other people's identity to open bank accounts, apply phone lines, etc.

taiwanese can be flexible sometimes. at the international airport, when they are selling sim cards to foreign tourists, they bend the rules so your passport alone is sufficient.

tch7759

Reaction score
Arrived at taoyuan at about 4 pm yesterday. No need for 2 ID at counter outside immigration with tw mobile. Infact used 1 passport to purchase 3 data sim for 10 days at 500 NTD for 10 days. No problem at all. Pay with cash, they inserted the sim in 2 iphone and 1 android and return the singapore sim and off we go in less than 10 mins.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arrived at taoyuan at about 4 pm yesterday. No need for 2 ID at counter outside immigration with tw mobile. Infact used 1 passport to purchase 3 data sim for 10 days at 500 NTD for 10 days. No problem at all. Pay with cash, they inserted the sim in 2 iphone and 1 android and return the singapore sim and off we go in less than 10 mins.
tw policy change very fast...sometime the head office change but local office not change.
sometime local office ownself implement but head office still is the midst of discussion

koguma

Reaction score
I will reach Taoyuan airport at 6am. Any idea what time the counter outside immigration will be opened? Also, is it from 中華電信 ?

Is the Data sim card unlimited 4G?

Thanks.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will reach Taoyuan airport at 6am. Any idea what time the counter outside immigration will be opened? Also, is it from 中華電信 ?

Is the Data sim card unlimited 4G?

Thanks.
0700hr. 4G dataplan,unlimited

Jacqueline.

Reaction score
a group of 6 is going. would changi wifi egg be a good choice?

9 days - $45

each person about $7.50/pax :vijayadmin:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a group of 6 is going. would changi wifi egg be a good choice?

9 days - $45

each person about $7.50/pax :vijayadmin:

Can bring your own mifi and buy their local data sim card.
Cheaper some more.
You can even get two for that price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.