Back from South island New Zealand

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can book using bookme.co.nz also. Will be cheaper for certain slot. But make sure your date time can fit if not no refund if u miss.

It was ok for me. Not bad but an different experience. Not many place u can do this kind of thing. Can try.

For Milford sound on the other hand. I think not so good for me. The route to ms is better than the cruise itself. Haha.
Yeah the Milford Sound cruise nothing much to see, probably the waterfall and the mountains are the highlight

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Milford Sound cruise nothing much to see, probably the waterfall and the mountains are the highlight
I find it not bad actually.
Quite a lot of things to see for only abt $80. got cruise, got snacks and coffee provide, and include a small undersea conservatory tour.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find it not bad actually.
Quite a lot of things to see for only abt $80. got cruise, got snacks and coffee provide, and include a small undersea conservatory tour.
Yeah, the free beverages supply is a bonus, but the cruise is quite a nice experience in general.

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Haha I'm probably the siao lang that did 2D1N Realjourneys in milford sound. Very costly from Queenstown, but wanted to just take a break from driving and just relax. Thankfully weather was slightly rainy so got to see waterfalls. Also spotted the dolphins, seals, penguins etc.

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha I'm probably the siao lang that did 2D1N Realjourneys in milford sound. Very costly from Queenstown, but wanted to just take a break from driving and just relax. Thankfully weather was slightly rainy so got to see waterfalls. Also spotted the dolphins, seals, penguins etc.

I wanted to do overnight cruise also.. But it was sold out for the date i was there

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u go milford sound during or after a rain? I heard it is most beautiful coz there will be hundreds of waterfalls all over the place.
Unfortunately, when i went there, it was a sunny day

:(

It's wasnt sunny but didn't rain for couple of days there liao. Like 5-10 days. So all the nice scenery I can't see. Lol. That's why it was bad for me.

and I didn't manage to see much except the seal sleeping. lol.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubtful sounds was a more magical experience for me. Less rushed. At one point they shut the boat engine and ask everyone to shut our eyes and keep silent. Just listen to the sound of nature all around us.

But doubtful sounds cruise is so much more expensive, not really worth. Coz the sights are quite similar to milford sounds

sandzstormz

Reaction score
I've just booked Milford Sound's nature cruise via this company realJourneys. Still contemplating whether to do heli glacier hikes as its close to 500 per pax!

TVaddict

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've just booked Milford Sound's nature cruise via this company realJourneys. Still contemplating whether to do heli glacier hikes as its close to 500 per pax!

I did the guided hike tour. Preferred to do the walk and immersed in the experience. Whole tour about couple of hours.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Should probably try it since you already there. It's an experience. I did skydive with photo video for 800. I didn't want to go for the full package initially but when I was there I just heck it and go for it. Lol.
Few hundred can earn back. You don't go nz or glacier everyday.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's wasnt sunny but didn't rain for couple of days there liao. Like 5-10 days. So all the nice scenery I can't see. Lol. That's why it was bad for me.

and I didn't manage to see much except the seal sleeping. lol.
I manage to see the seals sunbathing :s13:
7fyndM4.jpg

Was rather sunny when I was there..

Got seals and dolphins too..
I saw seals but didn't manage to see any dolphins :(

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Doubtful Sound for me: Gloomy, mysterious as many say it should be. Haha
sFNdSykl.jpg

aNtpkk3l.jpg

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended supermarket to get supplies before starting my trip?

Sent from OPPO X9076 using GAGT

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended supermarket to get supplies before starting my trip?

Sent from OPPO X9076 using GAGT
The major ones are countdown and paknsave
Got a small chain called four square, but they tend to be more expensive

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Four Square pricing is on the higher side. Better to get from PaknSave or Countdown.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.