[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sun yat sen and cks both matyrs offsprings very sway.
Coz no 入土為安。
代代相傳,子孫都。。。
where u come, where u go
If dun burry,oso can but every certain years, must change to another place to suck the fortune if not offspring will kena

i.c.e.d.c.u.p.p.a

Reaction score
Hi guys, will need some advice and recommendations, thanks in advance!

Am thinking of traveling in end Feb for 5D4N trip to Taiwan. Main purpose is for trekking (solo backpacker), have been to eastern coast of Taiwan (Taipei to TaiTung) few years back due to biking trip. Admit haven't done much research on places to trek, but been briefly to taroko gorge previously.

Any advice? Such as duration too short or recommendations for lone traveler (like accommodations)

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Am thinking of traveling in end Feb for 5D4N trip to Taiwan. Main purpose is for trekking (solo backpacker), have been to eastern coast of Taiwan (Taipei to Taichung) few years back due to biking trip. Admit haven't done much research on places to trek, but been briefly to taroko gorge previously.

Any advice? Such as duration too short or recommendations for lone traveler (like accommodations)

TAIPEi to taichung is eastern meh?
I didnt know tc is east side of Taiwan.

kitkat2

Reaction score

Am thinking of traveling in end Feb for 5D4N trip to Taiwan. Main purpose is for trekking (solo backpacker), have been to eastern coast of Taiwan (Taipei to Taichung) few years back due to biking trip. Admit haven't done much research on places to trek, but been briefly to taroko gorge previously.

hehuan would be ideal. stay at the govt lodge and make day trips from there to explore the peaks.

some places may still be covered with snow and beware of icy conditions.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehuan would be ideal. stay at the govt lodge and make day trips from there to explore the peaks.

End feb, is sakura at cingjing.
Snow... 機會少過渺茫。

kitkat2

Reaction score
End feb, is sakura at cingjing.
Snow... 機會少過渺茫。

the OP was asking about trekking, not sakura.

anyway, i have seen thick snow in mid march. i bet you never had much experience above cingjing. don't underestimate the mountains :)

i.c.e.d.c.u.p.p.a

Reaction score
TAIPEi to taichung is eastern meh?
I didnt know tc is east side of Taiwan.

TaiTung my bad

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation! Since cingjing and hehuan is pretty near, guess can cover both during the trip?

When you mean icy conditions, it means much suitable footwear and warmer jackets plus trekking poles? Would doing it on your own be a challenge?

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the recommendation! Since cingjing and hehuan is pretty near, guess can cover both during the trip?

When you mean icy conditions, it means much suitable footwear and warmer jackets plus trekking poles? Would doing it on your own be a challenge?

i would skip cingjing. over-developed and too touristy. lots of singaporeans there too :)

icy, meaning you may need to walk on ice or hard snow and it will be slippery. if you encounter icy trail, you may turn back or use a crampon. use your own judgement and be prepared with the right equipment.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the OP was asking about trekking, not sakura.

anyway, i have seen thick snow in mid march. i bet you never had much experience above cingjing. don't underestimate the mountains :)
wat makes u think ppl dun haf much experience above cingjing:s11::s11:
do u know calkel was 1 of the few walking dictionary in this thread

i.c.e.d.c.u.p.p.a

Reaction score
i would skip cingjing. over-developed and too touristy. lots of singaporeans there too :)

icy, meaning you may need to walk on ice or hard snow and it will be slippery. if you encounter icy trail, you may turn back or use a crampon. use your own judgement and be prepared with the right equipment.
Well thanks for the advice again! Didn't have experience in snowy conditions trekking hence better to be safe than sorry.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how u do day trip to the peak...
there r only 3-5 peaks wic r within walking distance near the govt lodge
if walk too far, haven't climb the peak, u already tired liao

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TaiTung my bad

cingjing n hhs is not near. u can nvr do them together w/o a veh

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Am thinking of traveling in end Feb for 5D4N trip to Taiwan. Main purpose is for trekking (solo backpacker), have been to eastern coast of Taiwan (Taipei to TaiTung) few years back due to biking trip. Admit haven't done much research on places to trek, but been briefly to taroko gorge previously.

such a short period, u cant go far or do more thing
1 place I can recommend is go taiping shan
reach airport, go straight to yilan n up the mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.