View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #32
Kyoji83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Come to think about all the sponsored PCP programmes, assuming you are the sponsored companies, will you let these trained professionals leave the country or to jump ship from one hospitals to another after serving their bonds?

This is just my personal believe. In the first place, this is not medical degree & hospitals do not have the interest to have sponsored courses like nursing diploma to 'place & trained' candidates. They can save training cost to hire fresh graduates directly. To save on labour cost, they can hire foreigners. To add on, they can fill in manpower directly instead of waiting for 2 to 3 years for candidates to graduate from nursing school. This is how private sector work. Singapore government always value Foreigners over Singaporeans which is the reason why government wish to attract young foreigners to be PR & bond them to work in Singapore. When Singaporeans start to complaint of the unequal treatment, government then started to offer to Singaporeans. If their employees are consider more like a 'liability' rather then 'assets', I think companies should already expected that employees will leave when the bond end.

I thought such programmes are great for anyone who is serious to consider a second career option. It may be the case at a first glance. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of underlying terms and conditions, clauses and unclear corners that are not seen easily.

Yes, it true. But the things is if you find out more information about how PCP work for both employer (& employee), it does not attract employer to offer PCP. Some dare to try once & decided not to do it again.

For example, PCP for Professional Executives.

At employer level, they must pay & sent you for useless WSQ modules (from a list to chose from) for up to around 12 days that mostly is not useful to your job. After you are on course, employer still needs to find someone cover you. Only benefits is government co-fund partially your salary & course fees for 3 months but must follow government regulations to get that money.

At employee point of view, what the use of 3 months OJT if employer decided not to hire you & you consider as 'intern' experience? The WSQ modules certificate are useless to find job outside.

I had once signed a bond with a company for 2 years. Reason being of such bond is that you work in their organisation, you have gained considerable working experience in exchange of the time. End of the bond, there is no rewards or anything. I suffered for almost 2 years due to their judgement on my poor work performance. I couldn't even leave or resign because the liquidated charges will be imposed on me. Till one day, they decided to release me without me paying any single cent. This is madness! From then on, I am extremely skeptical and wary about bonds, especially issues connected to the government organisations.

Unfair term are void sometime in the contract law. They have no right to bond you & unless they lost something like money to sent you to course. I think they pay an allowance since you are under 'sponsorship'. 'Sponsorship' & employment contract is different & it side more towards the employer when it come to termination clause.