NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
Hi all, I received the appointment briefing email this morning as well!
:) Congrats RockerM (We got the medical mail at the same time)

When did u complete ur medical? I did mine on the 18th still waiting for the appointment mail :/

Mavisyang have you received your appointment mail as well?

MavisYang

Reaction score
:) Congrats RockerM (We got the medical mail at the same time)

When did u complete ur medical? I did mine on the 18th still waiting for the appointment mail :/

Mavisyang have you received your appointment mail as well?

Nope I am still waiting..

I did my medical on the 18th too

Last edited:

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
Nope I am still waiting..

I did my medical on the 18th too

So there are
-people who have went for briefing and signed contract (ytd),
-people who have went for medical but waiting for appointment email,
-people who are shortlisted but waiting for medical email (anyone?)
-people who are not yet rejected and status still 'in-process'

parames82

Reaction score
My timeline

Interview:10 Aug 2017
Email to submit cpf:4 October 2017
Status change to shortlisted:29 Nov 2017
Ept test:30 Nov 2017
Medical email:1 December 2017
Went for medical:7 December 2017

Now waiting for Ept test results and appointment email but I never received shortlisted email though.

Really hope can make it to 5 feb 2018 intake.

Today is the last working day of the year.

The wait is so long.

So there are

wahahaash

Reaction score
So there are
Haha
-there are ppl whose status is shortlisted, went for EPT and medical check and waiting for results

Angela999

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd share that I received the possible offer of appointment email this morning. A message came in before the email came. All the best guys, I know many of you are eagerly waiting and it can be quite a torturous process but please don't lose hope.

Also thought I'd share my timeline for reference, so here goes.

Submitted application: 23 Sep 17
Shortlisted for interview email: 10 Oct 17
Interview date: 24 Oct 17
Shortlisted email: 23 Nov 17
Medical email: 11 Dec 17
2nd interview: 19 Dec 2017^
Phone call from HR: 28 Dec 2017~
Appointment email: 29 Dec 2017

^was called on 19th and asked if I could consider changing one of my subjects and asked to go for another short interview.
~HR called to ask if I could change my subject, yet again.

May I also add that I graduated from an overseas university (did on campus learning) and was deathly afraid of hitting the submit button when applying for this job, in fear of rejection. I was fearful that I wouldn't even score an interview with MOE, having heard all the speculations that the ministry is elitist. So perhaps, let's not let this mere speculation deter us and those applying in future, from chasing whatever dreams we have. I know of another contract teacher who also graduated from a non local university so guys, please don't lose hope and if this is what you're passionate about, keep trying!

Ultimately, I believe that passion, dedication and sincerity will transcend above all else. I believe these are qualities interviewers are looking out for. My greatest tip for those preparing for your interview is to always answer from the heart and not be afraid to stray away from politically correct answers especially when asked about your views on the education system, policies etc.

All the best everyone, and God bless!:)

Thank you so much for the info! Mind sharing which subject did u applied to teach for you and your friend? Do u or your friend have any teaching experience prior?

Angela999

Reaction score
I applied for social studies and geography (secondary level) but got switched to english and geography halfway through, while my friend applied for english and math (primary level). We're both fresh grads, without any teaching experience.

I believe u achieved good grades in school!! Hahaha am i right?

kopyk91

Reaction score
Just received sms and email from VITAL! 4th Jan 18 appointment briefing, 5th Feb 18 start of contract!

Alice.Yu

Reaction score
Just received sms and email from VITAL! 4th Jan 18 appointment briefing, 5th Feb 18 start of contract!

Me too. Just received sms and email from VITAL! 4th Jan 18 appointment briefing, 5th Feb 18 start of contract!

Congratulations! Happy New Year!

wahahaash

Reaction score
Me too. Just received sms and email from VITAL! 4th Jan 18 appointment briefing, 5th Feb 18 start of contract!

Congratulations! Happy New Year!

Me too. Just received the email. It’s my birthday today. Best birthday gift! Praise for Lord! 🙏😇

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.