What to do when wife suddenly go into labour?

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
My wife supposed to be due on late January.

I was wondering what if my wife suddenly went into labour and there is no taxi available to send her to hospital. What should I do? I know 995 ambulance will drive her to public hospital but how about private ambulance?

Arcanell

Reaction score
nowadays have grab/uber. just book first, then follow her downstairs :s22:

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
call cab or grab lor..my wife complain of tummy pain at 2.30am. We took a taxi to KK ..baby delivered at 0914 on 27th nov..lol

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't panic.. Baby won't jus pop out like that in movies. She will feel tummy pain / contractions at 15-30 minutes interval. It becomes more frequent like 1-5mins as time passes when baby is really coming out already. Surely have enough time to take a bath then book cab to hospital.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife supposed to be due on late January.

I was wondering what if my wife suddenly went into labour and there is no taxi available to send her to hospital. What should I do? I know 995 ambulance will drive her to public hospital but how about private ambulance?
Easier to get taxi than ambulance.

Sent from Home using GAGT

Sakinahali2017

Reaction score
Hehehe. If u really panick i think ambulance is the best because u would not want to risk ur baby n wife safety.

hope_n_pray

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to kan cheong and book ambulance. More than enough time to shower and book a cab and head down to hospital.

Unless water bag burst then must chiong down cos baby will be in danger.

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats TS!

Even if water bag burst, will still hav ample time to bath and get a cab :o

All the best :)

themuk

Reaction score
Yap, best is to go bathe first before setting off to the hospital... sometimes the wait for the baby to come out can be very long...

msaz

Reaction score
Congrats TS!

Even if water bag burst, will still hav ample time to bath and get a cab :o

All the best :)
this is true , baby won't come out so fast like in movie . enough time to get mode of transport and clean up.

cattwl7

Master Member
Reaction score
There is no need to rush to hospital with the onset of labor. If you rush there you may end up waiting another 5 hours. Eat and bathe first then go. If possible, check in after 7am. If not you may be charged another day's fee

Sent from OPPO X9009 using GAGT

alamin2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happened to me was that wife endured contractions till the very next day.

Anyway, i bring her admission letters everywhere i go. The go/ready bag is at home, in a convenient location that anyone can help to carry for us if we are outside and hadnt had the time to go back and take it.

Relax, get her to calm down, breathing exercises. Get uber/grab and head to the hospital.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.