any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that? :(

samich

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ta u SIAO huh. Yr parents not obligated to help you ok. It yr own children.

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No easy to take care a baby. I dunno how old are your parents
Old ppl will get tired taking bb whole day + nite feeding.

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My story is both sides fighting to take care of my son...

My wife always let her mum aka 外婆 take care whereas my mum aka 阿嬤 only see her grandson once every month and she is very sad...

My wife hate my mum, every thing my mum said or do, she buay song but everything her mum do is ok...

Really is FML...

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ta u SIAO huh. Yr parents not obligated to help you ok. It yr own children.
after this episode, i realise cannot trust anyone... even my parents, who say they want to, but in the end don't want. :(

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My story is both sides fighting to take care of my son...

My wife always let her mum aka 外婆 take care whereas my mum aka 阿嬤 only see her grandson once every month and she is very sad...

My wife hate my mum, every thing my mum said or do, she buay song but everything her mum do is ok...

Really is FML...
yes i wonder how many here really got children.

stuck between wife and mother is sibei sian one.

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can dont be so selfish or not

ask your wife quit her job and look after your child until primary school lah. its nobbody's business to raise your kid except you and your wife. not your parents, not a maid.

once hit P1 liao, im sure you can nego with your parents, after school go their place for 3-4hrs then u pick your kid up before going home.

same time your wife can actually go back work full time.

selfish fug, want shoot insai now dunwan look after your kid properly then throw to maid look after. best yet, your kid only 3 mths old and u 2 can go holiday and throw ur kid to parents like that. jin satki ~

:mad:

EdenHazard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Declare ur monthly allowance to ur parents here...most likely is money issue..

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
last time my friend parents also like that, end up I gave his parents both a tight slap each :mad::mad:

datalock

Reaction score
It’s always like that. Nice to play with but to do the dirty job they don’t want. But it’s also your responsibility to take care of your own child.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Confirm is buay song u go holiday
throw baby to them take them for granted. Guarantee plus chop
In fact they are ok to take care but because u pull this ** stunt

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.