Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my tip will be to check with the rental firm, even with english navi the system isn't that straight forward to use

onenightfighttwo

Reaction score
Hi, which is the most cost efficient way to visit?

1) Fly to Tokyo, take JR pass to Osaka, Kyoto and nearby area, and return to Tokyo to fly back to sg

2) fly to Osaka, take Jr pass to Tokyo, Kyoto and nearby area, return to Osaka to fly back to sg

3) fly to Tokyo, take Jr to Kyoto and nearby area, Osaka, and fly back from Osaka

4) fly to Osaka, take Jr upwards, and fly back from toyko.

Considering I'm looking at 12-14 days.
Covering disneyland/sea, ski resort, and other stuff for first timer.

caniggia

Reaction score
Guys is it a good period to travel to osaka kyoto tokyo in late feb to early march? 1st time traveller here planning to spend 10 days.

thwysg

Reaction score
Guys is it a good period to travel to osaka kyoto tokyo in late feb to early march? 1st time traveller here planning to spend 10 days.

Depends on what you wish to see. First time visiting - you could just stay around Tokyo for all 10 days, do some day trips e.g. Yokohama, Kamakura, Kawagoe, Nikko, Fuji Five Lakes or Hakone.

Can go to Kawazu to catch the early blooming Kawazu-zakura and rapeseed blossoms. Or head to Tohoku if you wish to catch the snow festivals.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Fly to Tokyo, take JR pass to Osaka, Kyoto and nearby area, and return to Tokyo to fly back to sg

2) fly to Osaka, take Jr pass to Tokyo, Kyoto and nearby area, return to Osaka to fly back to sg

3) fly to Tokyo, take Jr to Kyoto and nearby area, Osaka, and fly back from Osaka

Depends on the cost of ur air tickets. Open-jaw tickets are usually more expensive, so the savings from taking JR one way may not cover the extra cost in air ticket.

Some points for consideration :
- between option 1, 2, if u are flying direct to osaka, then SQ is ur only option. Tokyo will have more airlines flying direct
- between 1 and 2, it also depends how many days u planning to stay at each place. Plan such tt ur journey fits a 7-day JR pass. E.g. If u planning to spend 8 days in osaka+tokyo, then u shld be flying into osaka coz if u fly into tokyo, ur JR pass wun be able to cover the trip to osaka+kyoto and back to tokyo

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can normally do Osaka+Kyoto or in general Kansai side in roughly 7 days.

That is normally what I do if I plan to go there and will use a 7 day JR pass to cover most of the travel between Osaka-Kyoto and use it to get back to Tokyo where I can do without it

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
My flight is 8pm at new chitose. If I arrive at 6.55 pm is it ok? Connections flight to Haneda for return flight back to sg

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sometimes you can get quite good prices

My upcoming SQ flight to Tokyo and back from Osaka is only 670 (2 to go) each

The difference was like 40 more per pax versus another 170 each for the JR back to Tokyo as well as an extra 3 hours plus of traveling time

onenightfighttwo

Reaction score
cool, hope to get your promo... :)

Sometimes you can get quite good prices

My upcoming SQ flight to Tokyo and back from Osaka is only 670 (2 to go) each

The difference was like 40 more per pax versus another 170 each for the JR back to Tokyo as well as an extra 3 hours plus of traveling time

darkdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm travelling from Fuji to Kanazawa and wondering if I should:

(a) go back to Tokyo and transfer to JR
(b) or is there a JR station at Fuji area itself so that we can save the time and money required to go back to Tokyo?

Thanks!

thwysg

Reaction score
I'm travelling from Fuji to Kanazawa and wondering if I should:

(a) go back to Tokyo and transfer to JR
(b) or is there a JR station at Fuji area itself so that we can save the time and money required to go back to Tokyo?

Thanks!

There are few Fuji stations e.g. Fuji, Shin-Fuji, that are served by JR lines.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so you are saying that I can take the JR line (Fuji, Shin-Fuji) straight from Fuji to Kanazawa?

By train. Kanazawa is Hokuriku Shinkansen.
Shin Fuji is Tokaido Shinkansen.

Different shinkansen line. So either you take to Tokyo and transfer to Hokuriku Shinakansen or take to Maibara and transfer to Ltd Express

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so you are saying that I can take the JR line (Fuji, Shin-Fuji) straight from Fuji to Kanazawa?

If you are at Kawaguchiko then you need to take a bus to shin-Fuji station where you can take the Shinkansen.

darkdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
By train. Kanazawa is Hokuriku Shinkansen.
Shin Fuji is Tokaido Shinkansen.

Different shinkansen line. So either you take to Tokyo and transfer to Hokuriku Shinakansen or take to Maibara and transfer to Ltd Express

If you are at Kawaguchiko then you need to take a bus to shin-Fuji station where you can take the Shinkansen.

thanks everyone! will try to figure out myself first. if can't find then come here ask you guys again. Thanks!

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long do people typically spend on the Mount Fuji 5th station?

I'm travelling from Tokyo in the morning and it will probably be noon or early afternoon after leaving my luggage at the resort.

Note that the bus from Kawaguchiko Station takes 50 mins and last bus leaves 5th station at 4ish, seems like I should go to the 5th station only the next morning?

What should I do in the afternoon after lunch in that case? Kachi Kachi Ropeway?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long do people typically spend on the Mount Fuji 5th station?

I'm travelling from Tokyo in the morning and it will probably be noon or early afternoon after leaving my luggage at the resort.

Note that the bus from Kawaguchiko Station takes 50 mins and last bus leaves 5th station at 4ish, seems like I should go to the 5th station only the next morning?

What should I do in the afternoon after lunch in that case? Kachi Kachi Ropeway?
About 2 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.