any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know y? Cuz in laws r selfish kind. If got choice, they will choose to take care of their daughter's children. Son's children leave it to them. Cuz normally the one suffering is the mother which is other ppl daughter. Get it?
This thing happened to my friend..

Lol mil favour e other grandSON n much lesser on her daughter.. and mil play politics (dont ask me why need to play politics when shes not even working).

Worse still, husband dont care just keep saying nvm just give in to his mum. Really sibei mummy boy.

Sent from Somewhere Loh using GAGT

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s what most people say

Sadly, many times, the hubby probably also don’t make that much so really need the wife to work and help with income

This type need grandparents or family to help look after the children

If the wife's salary is less than 1.6k, it makes more sense for the wife to stay at home and look after the baby.
But if the wife is earning more than 4k, it doesn't make sense for the wife to stay at home and look after the baby.

mamboxknight

Reaction score
My also Monster baby, once go to my parent house .. then keep crying Liao .. hai.. parent hood is so tireding.. it been so Long since I last had a 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep ... memory also become poorer .. now sourcing for infant care ..

Propranolol

Master Member
Reaction score
TS your parents are not obligated to take care of your children . They already so old Liao. U can't even let them enjoy retirement? Please consider having children based of your own decision not on others. Mean what? Your parents want u have baby means they must take care? Really a joke. I am a parent myself with 2 kids. I got no maid/helper/nanny. Nobody help me. I ownself take care. No complaints.

doratch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So your family planning is hinged your parents ability to take care of your offsprings?

Sent from Brisbane, Queensland using GAGT

I would think TS felt "safer" to leave his child with his own parents than other people (babysitter, infant care, maid etc). Coz his parents gave him the "assurance", thats why, he felt its ok to have a kid. Now, he felt "played out" by his own parents.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would think TS felt "safer" to leave his child with his own parents than other people (babysitter, infant care, maid etc). Coz his parents gave him the "assurance", thats why, he felt its ok to have a kid. Now, he felt "played out" by his own parents.
His parents also need to have their life after retirement.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My story is both sides fighting to take care of my son...

My wife always let her mum aka 外婆 take care whereas my mum aka 阿嬤 only see her grandson once every month and she is very sad...

My wife hate my mum, every thing my mum said or do, she buay song but everything her mum do is ok...

Really is FML...

Mine abit same.

No baby yet but I ask my wife come over stay for 1 night she show the sian face. she don't hate my parents but she's not comfortable to stay at other ppl (mine) place other than her house.

Although this is a small issue , even my parents also don't mine she don't stay here but once in awhile come stay for 1 night at least don't show the sian face...my side is probably one of the more accommodating family liao...knn if she go marry other ppl see the in-law will allow husband and wife to stay separate place anot.

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to face and play politics both at home and at work very sianzzz one...

Sometimes regret marrying the wrong woman and having a child...

If you are the only son and u wanna be fillial to your parents, don't marry a sinkie girl who only tink of herself and her own family only, your family die is not her problem but her own family problems is oso your problems juz becoz she married u...

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All bashing TS sia, TS is just frustrated that he has to make last minute changes to his infant care plans la. In my opinion it's actually a good thing he and his wife went for the short trip, at least his parents discovered earlier that they are not capable of caring for an infant.

TS, either hire a helper or consider infant care centers lor. No choice one.

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to face and play politics both at home and at work very sianzzz one...

Sometimes regret marrying the wrong woman and having a child...

If you are the only son and u wanna be fillial to your parents, don't marry a sinkie girl who wanna tink of herself and her own family only, your family die is not her problem but her family problems is oso your problem juz becoz she married u...

No one forced you to marry your wife leh :s11:

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine abit same.

No baby yet but I ask my wife come over stay for 1 night she show the sian face. she don't hate my parents but she's not comfortable to stay at other ppl (mine) place other than her house.

Although this is a small issue , even my parents also don't mine she don't stay here but once in awhile come stay for 1 night at least don't show the sian face...my side is probably one of the more accommodating family liao...knn if she go marry other ppl see the in-law will allow husband and wife to stay separate place anot.

I stay with my in-laws for 1 year after our marriage as our BTO flat haven't come yet.

After giving birth, I forced her to moved back to my parents place as we need my mum to look after my baby son...

Once my son hits 18 mths old and my flat ready liao, my wife die die wanna moved to our new house liao, now her mum living with us helping to look after our son and she is much more happier...I am ok with her mum too but she is very loh soh and naggy and really can non stop keep repeating same thing over and over one but my mum die die cannot stay with us...

I find men more 随便 and we don't bear grudges, anything oso can adapt but sinkie women very hard, abit wanna make noise liao, my mum always offend her unknowingly with her words last time and so until now she hated my mum...

Good luck to u bro, dealing with mum and wife can be a nightmare...

TONGDODO

Master Member
Reaction score
TS just wanted to save on childcare fees/hiring of maid. if not please declare how much you are giving to your parents as allowance. he just jelly his friends can save on such fees and he cant.

really give birth to a charsiew better.

Even have own chewren already still wan leech further on parents~

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ts only asking for comments/assistance from parents here. No sarcastic. Ppl who understand wont give such comments. As ts is a first time young parent, of cos have many questions how how how. Things move along, children milestone etc, u will be smiling.

人生我
我生人
人养我
我养人

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay with my in-laws for 1 year after our marriage as our BTO flat haven't come yet.

After giving birth, I forced her to moved back to my parents place as we need my mum to look after my baby son...

Once my son hits 18 mths old and my flat ready liao, my wife die die wanna moved to our new house liao, now her mum living with us helping to look after our son and she is much more happier...I am ok with her mum too but she is very loh soh and naggy and really can non stop keep repeating same thing over and over one but my mum die die cannot stay with us...

I find men more 随便 and we don't bear grudges, anything oso can adapt but sinkie women very hard, abit wanna make noise liao, my mum always offend her unknowingly with her words last time and so until now she hated my mum...

Good luck to u bro, dealing with mum and wife can be a nightmare...

My mum easy to deal with but it's going to be hard for wife to change her mindset.

Luckily the only downside of my wife which is not wanting to stay at my place. She's more than happy to let my mum take care of baby (her mum passed away before I came into her life)

Ilovegreenbeansoup

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mil and wife problem exist since centuries ago.

It a woman vs woman thingy.
Guys Don understand I feel.
Just like a woman boss vs man boss

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.