Singtel 1 Gbps Unlimited Fibre

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
yes its all for my tvbox, at 500mbps with a lan cable its still taking too long to load.

Singtel told me that wifi connection is capped at 100mbps, can anyone confirm?

Which tv box u using? Can pm me? I'm using Ubox on m1, sometimes at night certain channels will buffer but others are ok. Wonder if singtel is better

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I redeemed the AC Elite in the end, already got AC Plus at home. Most people redeemed AC Plus. But I also saw a very selective few redeemed AC Elite. :s22:

wah, den maybe u can do a review on both router, so that other newcommers can know which one they should redeem :o

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on my experiment with Singtel IPTV (MIO TV), this box has a 10/100BT Ethernet Port.

It does not run at high speed but it needs high priority for smooth video.
You dont see this problem on friendly streaming box with equally good video output.

My Singtel Aztec router 2.4GHz band koyak in one year time and the second unit is a the AC Plus has slightly better stability but somehow my Samsung tablet always has difficulty to get stable wifi connection. Swapping out Singtel Routers with old ASUS AC56S..rock stable and instantly feel the agility on network response ( low latency).

Somehow I find Aztec router is a grade lower, not reliable , high failure rate within a year. As I moved in to a new house with whole estate signed on to Singtel with 3 years free fibre service. All have to suck thumb to bear with the Singtel Aztec router.

Checking with neighbors and Singtel Tech staff .. Most cant last for more than a year and the Router itself has very little control..You cant force in a 3rd party DNS server settings.

Aztec router Wifi performance wise, comparable to my aged old Asus AC56S but cant fight with my Google OnHub router( 2 years old product ) , the 2.4GHz band really long range (>15M ,2 walls , still has 2 bar.

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, den maybe u can do a review on both router, so that other newcommers can know which one they should redeem :o

After changing to AC Elite, I felt the network is much stable.
Not sure if my AC Plus is defect or not, because it always buffer when I tries to browse the social media. :s22:
Just to point out, my AC Plus on Wi-Fi is always less than 300Mb/s. This is my first time having more than 500Mb/s on Wi-Fi via AC Elite. :s13:

SingTel AC Plus Router w/ Cat. 7 Cable
28328824.png

SingTel AC Elite Router w/ Cat. 7 Cable
28330024.png

SingTel AC Elite Router w/ Wi-Fi
2414188401.png

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if my AC Plus is defect or not, because it always buffer when I tries to browse the social media. :s22:
Just to point out, my AC Plus on Wi-Fi is always less than 300Mb/s. This is my first time having more than 500Mb/s on Wi-Fi via AC Elite. :s13:

28328824.png

28330024.png

2414188401.png

hahas good for you... sometimes there are too many confounding factors in wireless environment and you just need a bit of luck to kill the one which lowers your speed..

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

28328824.png

28330024.png

2414188401.png

thanks for the review, even though not that much difference but at least elite does seems more like a better and maybe stable version :D

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I redeemed the AC Elite in the end, already got AC Plus at home. Most people redeemed AC Plus. But I also saw a very selective few redeemed AC Elite. :s22:

Hi, may I know if you requested for the AC Elite, or was given, during redemption?

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, may I know if you requested for the AC Elite, or was given, during redemption?

Was given, cause the personnel who helped me with the re-contract knew I have AC Plus, so she gave me AC Elite instead.

slowchemical

Reaction score
Anyone firmware upgraded on ac plus router? Singtel did a firmware upgrade on my ac plus......and miotv and ethernet started having issues.

slowchemical

Reaction score
Tried to restart your ONT and router. see if it works.

Tried more than 10 times. Not sure why a firmware upgrade can cause a deep impact. Went down to replace the router and also arrange technician to check at an appointment.

I used my old router and all works well. So definitely is the firmware.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Tried more than 10 times. Not sure why a firmware upgrade can cause a deep impact. Went down to replace the router and also arrange technician to check at an appointment.

I used my old router and all works well. So definitely is the firmware.

Downgrade the firmware then?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
The cso doesn't want to downgrade. Kept insisting that it's cable issue and I don't wanna argue further and she arrange a technician to come down.

WTF?? They won't let you change firmware on your own router? So correct me if I am wrong, the SingTel router is controlled by SingTel themselves and you can't make changes to it without Singtel permission? In that case I would just buy my own router and Singtel can piss off even thinking of controlling my own equipment.

slowchemical

Reaction score
WTF?? They won't let you change firmware on your own router? So correct me if I am wrong, the SingTel router is controlled by SingTel themselves and you can't make changes to it without Singtel permission? In that case I would just buy my own router and Singtel can piss off even thinking of controlling my own equipment.

I told the cso why not just downgrade back the firmware and everything will be back to normal. She told me cannot and the issue is probably cable issue. Most likely tomorrow I will tell the technician after the firmware upgrade, miotv becomes very unstable and hope the tech can advise further.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I told the cso why not just downgrade back the firmware and everything will be back to normal. She told me cannot and the issue is probably cable issue. Most likely tomorrow I will tell the technician after the firmware upgrade, miotv becomes very unstable and hope the tech can advise further.

Sounds like the CSO can't be arsed and wants to push the issue to the technician instead

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.