what is Sony next phone???

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Now I have nokia and xiaomi to check out, Sony need to do better for brand loyalty.

I had second phone for business purpose and it is not a Sony, although I only roam in Sony threads. :D

No more fan boy ism? Good.

Spartacus

Master Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

Have been using Sony Xperia since Z..

I must say that this is one nice looking rendering..

Just wish that the battery would be better. But then again, most of the phones nowadays cannot last more than a day.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using Sony Xperia since Z..

I must say that this is one nice looking rendering..

Just wish that the battery would be better. But then again, most of the phones nowadays cannot last more than a day.

Even if new battery technology is available, it will not be mainstream and included in new devices anytime soon.

Till then, it is largely dependent on individual usage.

Some can use for less than a day, some can use for two days.
Some of our usage habits are hard to change. :D

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
Actually till now I think the Z5 premium design and specs quite good overall for me but the heating and battery issue is where it fail big big.
If I have to choose a Sony Xperia hp now for daily usage I would rather pick the mid range XA1 plus as the size and batt life still works well, except the bezel still somewhat thick at the TOP & bottom.

omelet

Reaction score
Actually till now I think the Z5 premium design and specs quite good overall for me but the heating and battery issue is where it fail big big.
If I have to choose a Sony Xperia hp now for daily usage I would rather pick the mid range XA1 plus as the size and batt life still works well, except the bezel still somewhat thick at the TOP & bottom.

You are right, however that is because of the SD810 SoC it is using, any other brand phone which uses that SoC had almost exact same issue to a varying degree. The reason being it uses more energy and generate more heat which cause the battery to run out faster and causes CPU to start throttling which causes lag as well.

Since then phones that uses SD835 will not have that issue, which means that XZ Premium, XZ1 series are good choices as confirmed by multiple reviewers and youtubers as being cool even after using it for some time and merely becoming warm after long period.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought they have the 6" XA1 ultra?
Pity about the battery though.

Xperia ultra Z was launched as a "flagship" phone way back in 2013. I think it was the 1st smartphone that come with "waterproof" feature.

C5 ultra and XA1 are mid range phone

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait for CES 2018 in January, Sony will launch some Xperia~

Also lookout on MWC 2018 and IFA 2018 too, these are events where Sony will typically unveil new Xperias'.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony Xperia's dual camera phone will probably look like this..
Below the dual camera lens is the fingerprint sensor, yes the fingerprint sensor will no longer be at the side.. :o
AmbhiQg.jpg

img cr. @Zackbuks on Weibo

Sony Xperia's fullscreen 18:9 display phone will probably look like this..
It's said that there will still be the dual front speakers even with the fullscreen design..
2BcIydg.jpg

img cr. @Zackbuks on Weibo

omelet

Reaction score
not xperia Z?
First water resistance phone from Sony would be Xperia V before Z series appear. Before that, there were also Sony-ericsson Xperia Active and go.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First water resistance phone from Sony would be Xperia V before Z series appear. Before that, there were also Sony-ericsson Xperia Active and go.

Wow history lessons one, two, three.

Anyway, Z series is the proper flagship with waterproof qualities.

Xperia V is arguably not a good flagship, with only half the memory storage compared to Xperia T/TX which are only available in other regions.

8GB of storage seem miserable for apps, now and then. :D
But it has the redeeming quality of LTE support, that is lacking in T/TX.

omelet

Reaction score
Wow history lessons one, two, three.

Anyway, Z series is the proper flagship with waterproof qualities.

Xperia V is arguably not a good flagship, with only half the memory storage compared to Xperia T/TX which are only available in other regions.

8GB of storage seem miserable for apps, now and then. :D
But it has the redeeming quality of LTE support, that is lacking in T/TX.
Was aiming the TX with it's light up Xperia logo last time...too bad never made it to SG. Well, the V does have both water resistance and removable battery though..it is also the first time I keep on washing a phone with water.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was aiming the TX with it's light up Xperia logo last time...too bad never made it to SG. Well, the V does have both water resistance and removable battery though..it is also the first time I keep on washing a phone with water.

And we thought removable battery is a norm that time, it would now be a godsend for Xperia phones and still retain waterproof qualities.

I still keep my TX in good condition, which I bought from HK.
The curves of the arc successor is still gorgeous. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.