Anyone here buy bitcoin? (do not advertise/post referrals/emails)

ChaoMonkey

Reaction score
While waiting for your answer,

Sign up with all the exchanges mentioned. Some of them takes weeks for verifications to be completed.

thanks for your comment, anyone who uses both platform can review the pros and cons??

taquito

Reaction score
Anyone got experience using DBS Multicurrency account? If withdraw USD from Gemini to that account, how do I convert to SGD? Any website to check the rates or is it same as the remittance calculator?

4ventador

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some help. May I know how long it takes until I receive my money on Gemini from DBS remit ? I transferred my money on Saturday, and I have confirmed with the bank that the money has been transfered. However, I still don't see any amount on my Gemini account and I am kinda worried. I followed the guide to transfer on Pennywise, and added the code in 'Payment Detail'.

Thank you very much in advance !

ChaoMonkey

Reaction score
Normally, send in the morning and you'll get your fund in Gemini by night time (same day business day)

If You send on Saturday, you'll have to wait till Tuesday night at least. New year holiday there.

Hi guys, I need some help. May I know how long it takes until I receive my money on Gemini from DBS remit ? I transferred my money on Saturday, and I have confirmed with the bank that the money has been transfered. However, I still don't see any amount on my Gemini account and I am kinda worried. I followed the guide to transfer on Pennywise, and added the code in 'Payment Detail'.

Thank you very much in advance !

chocological

Reaction score
Normally, send in the morning and you'll get your fund in Gemini by night time (same day business day)

If You send on Saturday, you'll have to wait till Tuesday night at least. New year holiday there.

Hey i saw your other post and it says that in order to deposit funds to gemini i need to include the ABA routing number into the clearing code. You tried depositing funds to gemini and you can receive it in 1 business day right?
I tried depositing funds a few weeks ago without including the ABA routing number but funds rejected so maybe that's the reason why? :s11:
Oh and also, what is the average sum u deposit each time? If deposited sum too big will they reject it also?

Last edited:

ChaoMonkey

Reaction score
Without ABA routing number, the bank don't know which bank to send to. So your transfer got rejected.

Before, we can use the ABA: 121042484 and it goes through without any issue. Last month a lot of us experience issue with ABA Routing number being rejected.

So for future reference, please note the 4 lines from the instruction that Gemini gives us.

ABA Routing Number: 322286803
BIC (SWIFT) Code: PCBBUS66
Account Number: 1000808012
Memo/Reference: ABCDEF (Unique ID)

As for depositing into Gemini thru DBS Remit fiasco, it looked like we need to use the ABA routing number as stated by Gemini.
(If you sent your fund and got rejected cause of my previous post, my deepest apologies! I had no problem with 121042484 previously.)

So to update,

- If you want to start buying BTC/ETH, Sign up with Gemini.com. Get yourself verified before you send your fund.
- Once verified, go Request Deposit and get their instruction that looked like this.

CfavFMh.jpg

- Then you go to DBS Remit and follow the instructions carefully. Remember to type in the Unique Code into "Payment Details for Recipient"

Msxbyns.jpg

That's it!

Do note the time difference between Singapore and United States. It's a same day transfer (Business Day), If you send your fund in the morning, you should get them credited into Gemini by late night. (When US Banks open)

As for Withdrawal, Gemini takes 1 business day to send the fund to you.

===============

Hope the few posts help.

EDIT: Transfer limit depend on your bank daily transfer limit.

The only time your transfer get rejected is either [1] wrong info [2] missing info

Hey i saw your other post and it says that in order to deposit funds to gemini i need to include the ABA routing number into the clearing code. You tried depositing funds to gemini and you can receive it in 1 business day right?
I tried depositing funds a few weeks ago without including the ABA routing number but funds rejected so maybe that's the reason why? :s11:

Last edited:

peipei1

Reaction score
transferring money seems ok because it is international standards. buying bitcoins and altcoins seem trickier and differs from exchange to exchange! How do we transfer the coins into our wallet, how do we transfer out of our wallet to different exchanges? How do we know the wait time is correct and not the system error and payment got lost..:(

anthropeioss

Reaction score
transferring money seems ok because it is international standards. buying bitcoins and altcoins seem trickier and differs from exchange to exchange! How do we transfer the coins into our wallet, how do we transfer out of our wallet to different exchanges? How do we know the wait time is correct and not the system error and payment got lost..:(

There is an unique address to each wallet and that's the address that you transfer coins to. Same for the exchanges, you will be provided with an address.

Each transaction is also traceable and once the number of confirmations are met, the coins will are considered transferred successfully. The wait time differs from coin to coin.

chocological

Reaction score
Without ABA routing number, the bank don't know which bank to send to. So your transfer got rejected.

Before, we can use the ABA: 121042484 and it goes through without any issue. Last month a lot of us experience issue with ABA Routing number being rejected.

So for future reference, please note the 4 lines from the instruction that Gemini gives us.

ABA Routing Number: 322286803
BIC (SWIFT) Code: PCBBUS66
Account Number: 1000808012
Memo/Reference: ABCDEF (Unique ID)

EDIT: Transfer limit depend on your bank daily transfer limit.

The only time your transfer get rejected is either [1] wrong info [2] missing info
Thanks for the info. Will try depositing again tmr! :)

taquito

Reaction score
I only withdraw once with quoinex. So can't give review but it went smoothly for me.

If you been following the thread, I recommend Gemini a lot. I've withdraw multiple times and in different large amounts, all went smoothly.

Gemini like all crypto related services are bogged down by the large amount of New sign up. So I do agree with many users here that their slow verification of accounts need to speed up.

My advice is to sign up and try the exhanges and see which one you like more.

Did you do USD withdrawal for quoinex? How many days does it take? Thanks!

tigz03

Reaction score
Anyone here tried to deposit through a Bitcoin ATM in Singapore? The process for verification through gemini/fybsg seems to be taking so so long, and quite frustrating. Any thoughts on if the ATMs provide a good rate? And any links to where we can find these ATMs? Thanks!

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here tried to deposit through a Bitcoin ATM in Singapore? The process for verification through gemini/fybsg seems to be taking so so long, and quite frustrating. Any thoughts on if the ATMs provide a good rate? And any links to where we can find these ATMs? Thanks!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitcoinatmsg

Pls define good rates. Obviously they need to earn. But you have the flexibility to deposit $10 note.

ChaoMonkey

Reaction score
Here you go http://www.bitcoinatmsg.com/locations/

The reason why no one use Bitcoin ATM is cause of high fee, high price and it always goes down.

kumar.sg

Reaction score
Guide to buying in Gemini

Folks, I have recently used DBS and sent fiat to Gemini.
Thanks to @ChaoMonkey for the initial screenshots and guidance. I have captured it step by step as a guide for myself and others new to this.

Here you go : whatareview.com/send-money-us-gemini-exchange-dbs-multiplier-singapore/

If you transfer in the evening like after 10 PM SG Time, you will get it same night before you wake up. Mine went through fine and came in before I was awake.

tigz03

Reaction score
Definitely agreed they need to earn :) but I'm just wondering what the fees might be. ie. 5%, 10%, 15% ? The fees on online exchanges are much lower, so that's why I'm wondering if anyone might know what the fees/rate ends up being at the ATMs. cheers!

Pls define good rates. Obviously they need to earn. But you have the flexibility to deposit $10 note.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.