Random screen freeze

googleitslol

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last night my PC suddenly experience multiple screen-freezing and hanging, it not only occurred during normal usage, my PC froze at the start-up screen and even the BIOS screen.

I thought it was a ram issue so I test both my Kingston ram individually and my PC managed to run normally until the next screen-freeze. Swapped out my GPU for an alternate GPU and even IGPU but the same issue occurred.

I am currently using the same PC to post this but I am not sure when the next screen-freeze will occur.

Any ideas? Could it be the motherboard or the PSU?

Current specs for my PC;
CPU+MB: Intel Core i5-3470 + ASRock B75 Pro3-M
RAM: Kingston DDR-1333 CL9 4G x2
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB GDDR5
PSU:FSP Aurum 500W [80 Plus Gold]
SSD + HDD: Crucial MX300 750GB 2.5" SATA SSD, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 500GB & Seagate 7200rpm 1TB HDD
DSP: Dell u2312hm 23" EIPS & Dell S2316H LED monitor

googleitslol

Reaction score
Yes. It's the arrow/mouse doesn't move at all. Music playing at the background will be stuck at a particular note.

Had BSOD as well that mentioned about failing to reset The graphic card driver.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall your GPU driver and see if it solve your woes.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try disconnect all HDD except the SSD which is the OS drive.

shiwei12345

Reaction score
i am having also similar issue. computer will flicker and hang untill i turn off power or it will shut down by itself some times.

multiple BSOD video scheduler internal error and video tdr failure.(happens on both delicated gpu and inegrated one)

sometimes during startup it will turn on for 5 secs all fans spining then power off and repeat. no bios logo.

did a fresh format/ reflash bios / memtest86 but is still occuring.

googleitslol

Reaction score
i am having also similar issue. computer will flicker and hang untill i turn off power or it will shut down by itself some times.

multiple BSOD video scheduler internal error and video tdr failure.(happens on both delicated gpu and inegrated one)

sometimes during startup it will turn on for 5 secs all fans spining then power off and repeat. no bios logo.

did a fresh format/ reflash bios / memtest86 but is still occuring.

Yup, that is exactly what I am experiencing now. Now it is running fine but I will never know when it will freeze

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used crystaldiskinfo and it says that both my HDD are in good condition. Do you think it may be the motherboard that is at fault?

Just disconnect to isolate, irrespective of what crystaldiskinfo tells you.

If still no go, next is the power supply unit.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You disconnect both HDD and still freeze? I didn't ask you to test your HDD.

Last edited:

Neptunes43

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'd like to post some questions about your issue.
1) When dyou experience these hangs and freezes? Does this happen at the start of the day or usually after using the computer for a while (playing games/browzing webs/ watching videos)?

2)When you say Bios screen, are you referring to the Bios setup screen or the bios splash screen (the one you'd see when you turn on your pc)

3) How were you able to bypass this said issue, allowing you to post this on HWZ?

googleitslol

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'd like to post some questions about your issue.
1) When dyou experience these hangs and freezes? Does this happen at the start of the day or usually after using the computer for a while (playing games/browzing webs/ watching videos)?

2)When you say Bios screen, are you referring to the Bios setup screen or the bios splash screen (the one you'd see when you turn on your pc)

3) How were you able to bypass this said issue, allowing you to post this on HWZ?

Hi,

I first experience the screen freeze 3 days back, on 29/12/17. This happened when I first power on my PC, and it just hang at the welcome screen.

I did a forced restart and the screen did not come back on despite the CPU running and the welcome screen buzz playing.

This issue continued every time I experienced a crash and force restart. I have to switch off the power socket and on it again for my monitor to receive a connection from my desktop.

The crash occurs randomly, from gaming to watching videos to just playing Spotify.

Yes, it froze on the BIOS Screen and it even froze in Safe mode.

I was able to post this because the freeze comes and goes randomly. Once I was able to get it running again, it functions like always. Then the crash will come.

The symptom will begin with the screen tearing. Then BSOD stating the graphic driver has failed to start.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.