DBS Altitude Visa Signature

kimin0211

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question on transferring the miles from my DBS Altitude card to my Krisflyer account. Do I have to sign up for any form of mileage enrollment programme? For HSBC, I had to do a mileage enrollment programme which took days and $$ before I can transfer to my krisflyer.

Details: https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Con...gapore/personal/cards/rewards/pdf/mileage.pdf

U do not need to sign up any form for Enrolment. I just transferred my DBS points to krisflyer miles yesterday. All u need to do is Ensure the cardholder name is same as the krisflyer accounts name

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this the better miles card compared to PREMIERMILES or PRVI Miles?

does this card award miles point to all $ spend? or does it exclude certain transaction?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this the better miles card compared to PREMIERMILES or PRVI Miles?

does this card award miles point to all $ spend? or does it exclude certain transaction?
no it's not.. and I don't think there's any card out there that awards points to every single transaction

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

AphoticFX

Reaction score
Can krisflyer miles be used to offset the prices for tickets? Or can it only be used to upgrade or book for (award) tickets?

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can be used to offset cost of ticket fares at roughly 1 cent per mile.

zercab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tnc say only those with specific cards can apply for the auto enrol.

For example if i have DBS altitude, will they convert points only from DBS altitude or also from pool of points I got from WWMC?

sgdividends

Reaction score
tnc say only those with specific cards can apply for the auto enrol.

For example if i have DBS altitude, will they convert points only from DBS altitude or also from pool of points I got from WWMC?

Pool according to expiry first

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called them last month when I converted my points .
for ad-hoc conversion it's known that the points are pooled and using expiring points first..

the question now is about usage of points if enrolled into the new auto conversion programme, which was just introduced a few days ago

Sent from the International Space Station using GAGT

Last edited:

sgdividends

Reaction score
for ad-hoc conversion it's known that the points are pooled and using expiring points first..

the question now is about usage of points if enrolled into the new auto conversion programme, which was just introduced a few days ago

Sent from the International Space Station using GAGT

Ah ok..my bad. This question is for the auto enrol one. Ok don't know.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no it's not.. and I don't think there's any card out there that awards points to every single transaction

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

ok, then which card do you think is better?

and what are usually are the transaction that are excluded? or where can i get a list of excluded transaction?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

and what are usually are the transaction that are excluded? or where can i get a list of excluded transaction?

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiJ87-zu7nYAhUPTI8KHXr0DVUQFggxMAA&usg=AOvVaw0ICSSwKTVrlQvu6xtmothg

point 2.6

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiJ87-zu7nYAhUPTI8KHXr0DVUQFggxMAA&usg=AOvVaw0ICSSwKTVrlQvu6xtmothg

point 2.6

so if im right, bill payment via telco website using this cc is ok right. won't be excluded right.

Spk307

Reaction score

Google Milelion website for best credit cards - that has to be your Wikipedia - first source for basics on credit cards for miles. If you have any specific questions, obviously the forum members can pitch in.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
looking for a miles card that wont have expiry for points, seems like only dbs altitude and citi premiermiles are possible?

whats the difference between both? i see that citi premier has a higher min income 50k vs dbs 30k, and citi has the welcome offer of 42k miles.

any other key differences that would impact a decision for either card?

cowfart

Reaction score
looking for a miles card that wont have expiry for points, seems like only dbs altitude and citi premiermiles are possible?

whats the difference between both? i see that citi premier has a higher min income 50k vs dbs 30k, and citi has the welcome offer of 42k miles.

If your primary frequent flyer account isn't Krisflyer and/or you prefer more transfer flexibility, refer to the list of transfer partners of both banks - Citibank SG's list is far more comprehensive.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

42k miles only.possible if you spend 10k within first month or what right. If u can't spend that much also don't have the bonus liao.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
If your primary frequent flyer account isn't Krisflyer and/or you prefer more transfer flexibility, refer to the list of transfer partners of both banks - Citibank SG's list is far more comprehensive.

Thanks, have seen
DBS only Airasia BIG, Krisflyer, Asia Miles

Citi • KrisFlyer • Asia Miles • Royal Orchid Plus • Executive Club • Enrich • Infinity MileageLands • Garuda Frequent Flyer • Etihad Guest • Qantas • Qatar • Flying Blue

correct me if im wrong

42k miles only.possible if you spend 10k within first month or what right. If u can't spend that much also don't have the bonus liao.

thanks! have seen the spend requirements for welcome miles.

but not too sure if any other long run differences?

noticed that dbs altitude dosent have any sign up bonuses currently?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.