Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

PlainBlackTee

Reaction score
not gundam related but need to seek you guys' expertise. may i know if i should use water based or oil based marker for painting abs plastic toy?

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not gundam related but need to seek you guys' expertise. may i know if i should use water based or oil based marker for painting abs plastic toy?

On the very safe side, just use acrylics.

Turpentine will "soften"/melt the plastic while lacquer will brittle the abs.

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thank u very much

Since your use the word toy, you may need to use primer since acrylics aren't as adhesive as the other 2.

Lacquer paint should be safe if you spray a layer of primer on the pieces first since the problem is exposure to lacquer thinner due to wet paint.

Greenworm

Reaction score
thinking of starting but don't want too heavy on investments.

I on the other hand have to give up this hobby due to work, if you dont mind starting with lacquer paint, i can sell you my whole equipment dirt cheap, kits,paint everything lol

JulyStork

Reaction score
Dry transfer decal gone wrong
frBgVZP.jpg

So can this be repaired or is it ruined permanently?

Last edited:

chillplz

Reaction score
do p-bandai kit ever have a re-release? i am looking at amazing exia mg will they ever release the kit again?

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dry transfer decal gone wrong
frBgVZP.jpg

So can this be repaired or is it ruined permanently?

Decal is ruined but overall situation may be salvageable.

Apply the remainder of the decal and then touch up with permanent fine tip black marker.

Zephon

Reaction score
Guys I need some help, I was building my high resolution wing gundam and and I lost the right thumb.... :s22:

Can someone advice me how to get the replacement part? I knew the replacement part service only available in Japan :(

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I need some help, I was building my high resolution wing gundam and and I lost the right thumb.... :s22:

Can someone advice me how to get the replacement part? I knew the replacement part service only available in Japan :(

cast it from the left thumb?

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow bro it sounds super advance to me, I did a search about gunpla part casting, and found this:

Is this what you talking about?

That is too ex for a bloody small part.

Get some blue oyumaru and epoxy putty.

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
rgHI6hfl.jpg

First build in a good while

My backlog just increased :sad:

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.