Random screen freeze

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paperclip method is not sure way of testing PSU. Get a good working one to test. If don't has, bring rig to Nigel at PC Care & Solution #02-32, SLS.

googleitslol

Reaction score
Paperclip method is not sure way of testing PSU. Get a good working one to test. If don't has, bring rig to Nigel at PC Care & Solution #02-32, SLS.

okay, sure thanks for the advice!

If there is a need for an upgrade, what would you recommend?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very high chance of motherboard up lorry

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

ecan07

Reaction score
I realized... my set up is kinda similar to yours and i faced the same issue with BSOD... just not sure is it the same problem detected.
It gets quite bad at times, like just some reading or viewing of videos or playing Dota2 it will just hang, loud sound stuck at one note, then restart. Sometimes it restarts, sometimes it just keep trying to restart but nothing appears...

Built this at PC themes years back send it back for diagnostic recently but they couldn't find any issue when testing at their shop...

Let me know if you found a way to resolve this.

googleitslol

Reaction score
Hi all,

My PC is finally dead. Now the monitor would not even light up despite the cpu turning on and running.

I believe that I can most of my old stuff, such as my GPU a GTX 1060, SSD & HDD, monitors and speakers.

I think what I need is a new CPU, Mobo and RAM?

googleitslol

Reaction score
+ new power supply unit.

Hi yes new PSU as well. Do you have any recommendations? Not looking for anything extreme. Just using it to game, watch movies and browse.

Budget wise not too high as I'm heading to university soon....

Are there shops available that I can bring my old PC down for them to examine and also at the same time buy new parts and get them to install? Wouldn't mind paying a small fee it.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SuperFlower Gold 650w or Seasonic Prime Gold and above 650w.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A 650w Gold PSU will set you back by $150. Need to up budget as ram is expensive too.

googleitslol

Reaction score
A 650w Gold PSU will set you back by $150. Need to up budget as ram is expensive too.

Yea... I was thinking of holding back my upgrade till the new intel coffe lake comes out or just whack what's available now.

Ram prices now and back in 2012 are shocking

ecan07

Reaction score

Just curious. In this case is it the Mobo up lorry? If so why do we need to change so much stuff? And even the RAM can't be reused alr ah?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious. In this case is it the Mobo up lorry? If so why do we need to change so much stuff? And even the RAM can't be reused alr ah?
B75 use DDR3, all new gen mobo since Skylake/Intel 6th Gen CPU uses DDR4. Only a handful of H110/B150 mobo feature DDR3. The rest all uses DDR4 and they are not backward compatible.

Unless TS buying another B75, then he can reuse his ram. Otherwise, for all new gen parts he have to change RAM as well as TS wanted to overhaul the main core components (CPU and mobo)

PSU beyond 4 years old is highly recommended to change as we wouldn't want an aged PSU to poof and take along all our other newer parts with it.

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.