M1 Fibre Inaccessible Sites

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Swapped to M1 Fibre and have issues with some sites: Specifically, it lists "error connection timed out".

Unable to ping or tracert to the sites as well.

Changed DNS to Google Primary and SingTel secondary yet the problem persists.

No changes in Windows Firewall. No other firewalls used. AntiVirus is BitDefender, tested with it both on and off: Still fails.

Sites include:
The Pioneer Woman (Recipe Site)
WordPress

Anyone has an idea what's going on?

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Swapped to M1 Fibre and have issues with some sites: Specifically, it lists "error connection timed out".

No changes in Windows Firewall. No other firewalls used. AntiVirus is BitDefender, tested with it both on and off: Still fails.

Sites include:
WordPress

using m1 fiber with default DNS, no issues for both website

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Must be my router issue then. :(

Did you guys change the default gateway IP for your connections?

I'm not using 192.168.1.1

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must be my router issue then. :(

Did you guys change the default gateway IP for your connections?

I'm not using 192.168.1.1
shouldnt be an issue, as long as ur devices know where is the gateway, it should be fine... You can try switching off ur ONT and router and starting them up after 5-10 seconds

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Sites include:
WordPress

The router has firewall so please check the setting.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
All LAN devices are static IP.

1. Make sure gateway is correct (if u change router 50% the gateway may change from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.1.1 or the other way round)

2. The DNS configure on your machine? If you change ISP the dns would require to be updated unless u are using public DNS (like google / opendns).

If you perform a ping to 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 are you getting timeout or reply?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do a TCP traceroute, see where e packet stops.

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Using the Synology RT2600AC.

So I went ahead to do a TraceRT and realised that all the IPs I cannot access start with 192.0.x.x

This corresponds to the guest DHCP server gateway on the router model. Changing the guest DHCP server IP allowed me to access the sites.

I'm unable to disable the guest DHCP server completely however: Anyone has any suggestions on some deadend internet IP ranges that I most probably won't encounter? 255.x.x.x?

Heidel

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Sites include:
WordPress

Tested both sites without any issue with M1.

Tested using Google DNS.

Tested using all the M1 DNS.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So I went ahead to do a TraceRT and realised that all the IPs I cannot access start with 192.0.x.x

This corresponds to the guest DHCP server gateway on the router model. Changing the guest DHCP server IP allowed me to access the sites.

I'm unable to disable the guest DHCP server completely however: Anyone has any suggestions on some deadend internet IP ranges that I most probably won't encounter? 255.x.x.x?
disable guest networks... To simply everything, use DHCP for alll your clients for now, basically let everything be auto

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score

Ok sound like is your router configuration issue.

Maybe you can try reset the router to default.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.