Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

hotpick

Reaction score
Actually would sideloading apks work flawlessly?

You only wont get Google Maps and Play Store right?

with FM radio it could be modded to work as an in dash display.

Google Gaaps is needed, to be exactly and available for the V/X version (non China).

From XDA forum, there are ppl who bought the N version and attempted to install the google gaaps (for google core functions and services) via TWRP (after root) or flash to non china rom- still lots of unanswer, checked and no such google package installation service from some China 1688 export sellers, ...If this $228 is comes with the STABLE google Gaaps (perhap the seller has flashed it to X rom or other kind of mod) then it may worth.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha...Samsung is the one who has reverse the icons. Default android is back, home, multi task from left to right

Has been with Sansung for long time. Need something like LG or Huawei that allow you to customize these icon.

joytest

Reaction score
Today I discovered the worst flaw (IMO).

I read that it lacked a compass sensor and can't navigate. I did not realize the implication of the statement.

FFS which idiot made such a decision?

It actually gets a GPS signal and reads your location, and you can also plot a route, but when you click ”Start” to navigate, it won't switch to 3D view of the route.

It remains a 2D overhead view with a moving blue dot. Like a 1st Gen GPS display...WTF...which asshole decided that this was a good feature omission?

weeguy

Reaction score

I read that it lacked a compass sensor and can't navigate. I did not realize the implication of the statement.

It actually gets a GPS signal and reads your location, and you can also plot a route, but when you click ”Start” to navigate, it won't switch to 3D view of the route.

It remains a 2D overhead view with a moving blue dot. Like a 1st Gen GPS display...WTF...which asshole decided that this was a good feature omission?

Did a quick search online and they seem to concur with your experience. Was looking forward to the Tab 4 10 Plus when they first announced it but the long delay made me go with the the Galaxy Tab S2 instead. Even though I really dislike Samsung's design, seems that this turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think very few people will use a 10 inch tablet for navigation?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your intention was to use this for navigation, you should have checked for compass sensor before buying. Anyway, some phones like Moto g5 can do basic nav even without compass sensor.

Last edited:

joytest

Reaction score
If your instruction was to use this for navigation, you should have checked for compass sensor before buying. Anyway, some phones like Moto g5 can do basic nav even with compass sensor.

Yes it does basic nav, like those 1st Gen GPS devices that only show overhead. Dashmount GPS is a good use case for 7-8“ tablets due to screen real estate. 10“ is unwieldy and hard to mount as well but the Tesla has a 15“ screen if I'm not mistaken.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I presume you are referring to the first person navigation? Hmm...interesting this cannot work

joytest

Reaction score
I presume you are referring to the first person navigation? Hmm...interesting this cannot work

I mean the top down view, like those 1st generation GPS that couldn't display a 3D first person view.

Anyway it's not life and death deal breaker just a major annoyance.

All other functions work fine.

joytest

Reaction score
Nobody on XDA has managed to load up Google Play store. I was also checking the Taiwanese mobile forums, don't think anyone's managed it either.

Beware.

beaker washer

Reaction score
Nobody on XDA has managed to load up Google Play store. I was also checking the Taiwanese mobile forums, don't think anyone's managed it either.

Beware.

So has any one taken the plunge? what is the difference between N version (China set) and local set? The seller on lazada replied playstore working 4gb ram and 64 gb storage, the $299 price is still attractive compared to local $449. Really tempted to get it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.