COE up or down?

wiwi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many years ago + even now. Have this group of people who will argue with you - higher COE change new car can have higher rebate mah more worthwhile and save money.

Really wonder whether they got graduate from kindergarten or not.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

should have taken photo with the graduation outfit but learnt nothing

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many years ago + even now. Have this group of people who will argue with you - higher COE change new car can have higher rebate mah more worthwhile and save money.

Really wonder whether they got graduate from kindergarten or not.

If I get stepwagon spada at low COE rate, and praying for higher COE, the amount I pay for X dollar COE (factored into the selling price) will be X+delta where delta is the new COE pricing which is supposedly to be higher. :o
So I book my spada at Cat B 47k rate then if Cat B balloon 60k and Dealer honor the deal. :o I will gain 10k additional. :o It is a calculated maths. :o

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I get stepwagon spada at low COE rate, and praying for higher COE, the amount I pay for X dollar COE (factored into the selling price) will be X+delta where delta is the new COE pricing which is supposedly to be higher. :o
So I book my spada at Cat B 47k rate then if Cat B balloon 60k and Dealer honor the deal. :o I will gain 10k additional. :o It is a calculated maths. :o

You think car dealers run by people with IQ less than 75 ?

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I get stepwagon spada at low COE rate, and praying for higher COE......

What makes you think dealer selling you at a 'low' coe rate?

The 'gain of $10k' is only paper value, you know??

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt any PI will give you that deal. Prob just tell you cannot get COE, wait next round

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope they ran with integrity and trust. :o I choose a case trust PI. :o

Nah case trust PI giving problem;

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/advice-needed-against-pi-%40-vertex-5751300-2.html

Hi bros,

I need some advice on what is the course of actions to take.

Long story short.

- Bought car in 2015, comes with 3 years warranty.
- Always serviced car at their workshop (Exclusive Motorworks)
- Jun 2017, car having issue.
Went back for at least 5 different visits from June 2017 to Nov 2017, unable to fully resolve issue.
- Dec 2017, issue resurfaced. Starter motor replaced.
- Workshop made me pay for Parts and Labour (even though starter motor covered warranty) (told me will reimburse back once boss is back)
- Jan 2018, refused to reimburse me.

What should I do now?
1. report to Case? (they are case trust company)
2. report to Police (eg, Fraud?)
3. other suggestions?
Read pointer 1.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score

:s13:
Don't bother with these strange people with your thinking.
I gained 12k but from AD though. These are the same people who finds problem with C&C mercedes overtrade using PI overtrade loan calculations.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13:
Don't bother with these strange people with your thinking.
I gained 12k but from AD though. These are the same people who finds problem with C&C mercedes overtrade using PI overtrade loan calculations.

Over trade is basically to go round the max loan amounts. Many dealer use this trick including Mazda.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt any PI will give you that deal. Prob just tell you cannot get COE, wait next round
If it for guarantee bid(on their last bid), AD will give but PI it may depend?

And it works both way, for example you got guarantee bid with current COE at $40k but it drop to $1.
Technically you too 'lose' money but if you are not selling the car.
It just a paper value thingy ba.

Of course what TS think is right, he hope to be committing at the 'low' rate and time the market like an expert.
Which we all somehow know that dealer had include in their risk factors if COE jump; esp for this year with the new ruling kicking in.

And hengheng COE really shoot off the roof.
Such thing, as long you happy can le.

I help you pray COE shoot past $100k ok!!

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it for guarantee bid(on their last bid), AD will give but PI it may depend?

And it works both way, for example you got guarantee bid with current COE at $40k but it drop to $1.
Technically you too 'lose' money but if you are not selling the car.
It just a paper value thingy ba.

Of course what TS think is right, he hope to be committing at the 'low' rate and time the market like an expert.
Which we all somehow know that dealer had include in their risk factors if COE jump; esp for this year with the new ruling kicking in.

And hengheng COE really shoot off the roof.
Such thing, as long you happy can le.

I help you pray COE shoot past $100k ok!!

It is possible.:o

IWantFriends

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course it is possible. But when the guy helping you to secure the COE is also the guy who fixes the COE price, it is not hard to know they they will price the COE hike into the original quote to you.

In other words, agents intend to set COE $15k higher at the next few rounds. They will price that increase into the quote they give you. Otoh, you think that they are pricing the cars at the current COE price :s22:

Sent from my friend using GAGT

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For next two months which direction it be going? :o

so u predict will go up or down?

i bite the bullet and went ahead to put down a booking fee for the vezel one day ahead of tomorrow coe bidding.

dunno it will drop anot as the motor show is coming. hopefully if drop wont drop too much.

mine is 1 bid guranteed no top up and no rebate, but loan might not be able to secure ahead of tml bidding, only can lock in the price.

hopefully loan can secure by tml noon den got chance to go for bidding, if not then go for 2 weeks later. :o

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lolol
So you start this thread to get consensus to your thought huh?
Huat la looking at $100k up COE in 2 months time!

Ok la those who bought new ride will too hope that COE will shoot off the roof!

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS like people to say shoot up to $100k and more ba.

Think you too ba since you booked le.

no la, even if shoot up 100k doesn't really has the immediate benefit in me cos i wont be selling the ride within such a short span, so its only just paper value increase which has no impact unless one sells.

sell high means buy high also unless sell and dont drive anymore. for me its just hoping coe dont drop too much drastically if not will feel heart pain cos i booked one day just before the bidding, was thinking wanna wait for this bidding results then decide but then this cycle will always be ongoing one cos there will always be a next bidding.

still got time for cny so if this bidding cannot make it on time, end jan still ok. :D

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lolol
So you start this thread to get consensus to your thought huh?
Huat la looking at $100k up COE in 2 months time!

Ok la those who bought new ride will too hope that COE will shoot off the roof!

no impact one unless sell car, but sell high means buy high. alot of ppl once they get their car they wont bother abt the coe anymore, just drive till the end then nearing changing time to monitor coe again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.