Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You won't get the benefit of the HiFi Quad DAC on the V30+, right?:s11: For me, the point of getting the 'G' and 'V' series phones from LG is because of the HiFi Quad DAC....

From my understanding, the phone DAC will not be used at all if you connect via Bluetooth. The DAC in the Bluetooth headset will be used instead.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
You won't get the benefit of the HiFi Quad DAC on the V30+, right?:s11: For me, the point of getting the 'G' and 'V' series phones from LG is because of the HiFi Quad DAC....

Yes. The HiFi Quad DAC will not be used. I will have the best of both worlds. The E8 provides a very good quality sound experience when I want to go total wireless and when using wired connection I can drive high impedance earphone for better sound quality.

Either way I am happy.

Just a side note. The E8 sound quality is really good and I proclaim it to be the best sounding truly wireless that I have tested.

Last edited:

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hat's off to you guys, I find myself unwilling to pony up 400sgd for a wireless (truly wireless!) IEM like the E8. Only w/l gear I have is a Klipsch Image One BT which I'd gotten years ago.....back before stumbling down fast and hard on this audiophile hill.

pwnies5600

Reaction score
Anyone has tried Creative's Outlier One? Just bought one on amazon cuz it was on sale... waiting for it to arrive :>

steveyhere

Reaction score
Yes. The HiFi Quad DAC will not be used. I will have the best of both worlds. The E8 provides a very good quality sound experience when I want to go total wireless and when using wired connection I can drive high impedance earphone for better sound quality.

Either way I am happy.

Just a side note. The E8 sound quality is really good and I proclaim it to be the best sounding truly wireless that I have tested.
I was at Stereo and the sales person told me that the E8 has bluetooth connection issue after the latest update. Is it true?

Any connection lag with video playing?

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I was at Stereo and the sales person told me that the E8 has bluetooth connection issue after the latest update. Is it true?

Any connection lag with video playing?

No not true. I am running the latest update. No issue at all. Infact i actually taught one of the Stereo guy on how to pair the E8. Hope they got it right.

Video playing lag is very very minimum. Infact this is one of the best i have tested for video lag.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No not true. I am running the latest update. No issue at all. Infact i actually taught one of the Stereo guy on how to pair the E8. Hope they got it right.

Video playing lag is very very minimum. Infact this is one of the best i have tested for video lag.

what is your longest usage time for E8 before you need to recharge?

blurpasta

Reaction score
Am using Jaybird Run... love it except that left ear occasionally will drop connection. The sound quality and isolation is good

earthtk

Reaction score
I saw this on hwz fb. Anyone tested before?
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...e-sweat-resistant-and-cost-half-price-airpods

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

I am skeptical about it.. No unboxing video no demonstration on how the earpiece works, feels like a rushed/copied project. Even the pictures from the updates looked rough nothing like how it looked from the promotional video.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Is there any other good truely wireless earbuds with the price range of iconx 2018? I tried and it sounded worse than my china qy8 which cost $20. :(.. But I am still tempted to buy it for sports use as well as the touch sensor to control volume.

Am using Jaybird Run... love it except that left ear occasionally will drop connection. The sound quality and isolation is good

Can you control volume from the earbuds?

Last edited:

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I am skeptical about it.. No unboxing video no demonstration on how the earpiece works, feels like a rushed/copied project. Even the pictures from the updates looked rough nothing like how it looked from the promotional video.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Is there any other good truely wireless earbuds with the price range of iconx 2018? I tried and it sounded worse than my china qy8 which cost $20. :(.. But I am still tempted to buy it for sports use as well as the touch sensor to control volume.

Can try the Erato verse. Just launched. Size around the same as Apollo 7. About $239 if I can recall.

earthtk

Reaction score

Can try the Erato verse. Just launched. Size around the same as Apollo 7. About $239 if I can recall.
Oh where can I get it? Looks good and minimal design.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Alright so I have used my Samsung Gear IconX 2018 for about 5 days, and these are my thoughts so far.

1. Connectivity
The bluetooth connection is pretty stable even in crowded places or commuting, but there can be cut offs in 1 side, but quite rarely and usually it is like a split second.

For the issue that I was having (opening the charging case, phone bluetooth settings showed that earbuds connected, but app doesnt show so), I realise there's a fixed way that Samsung wants us to use the earbuds or maybe its just my phone. I have to turn on my phone's bluetooth, wait for the scanning pop up and then open the charging case. Once I see its connected for audio/media/call, then i close the pop up, enter the Samsung Gear App, then it shows connected there.

2. Comfort
The earbuds will stay in your ears quite firmly with the right fit of wingtips and eartips. But I find even the smallest wingtip presses against my ear too hard, and ear fatigue is real here. Once again, maybe its just my ear shape or I'm wearing them wrongly. The pressure of the tips on my ear is much more bearable when I'm walking, or just sitting upright, but when lying down it feels kinda uncomfortable.

3. Touch Sensor
There's a touch sensor on each earbud to tell if they are in your ears or not, and I totally dislike this feature. Sometimes even if the earbud is in my ear, the sensor doesnt tell so. So at times when I want to only use 1 earbud, I remove the side that is actually "touching" my ear, with the other side not detecting its in my ear, my media will pause, and you would need to readjust for the earbud to register that its in your ear.

I won't comment on the audio part, as I'm no audio expert and I was not looking for audio quality when I bought it, but more of looking for something for me to use on the go, on the move.

chanbri

Reaction score
I went to about 4h 10mins at 50% volume.
when connecting E8, does yours autoconnect to your phone when you power it up?

Mine seems I power on the right bud then I take the left and right and press both for like 1-2 seconds till the right ear shows blue light. Then I go to my phone and open Bluetooth then click on E8. Then it will link to my phone.

Been doing this as this was what the sales guy taught me.

Are you doing it differently?
This is my only issue that my phone doesn't automatically link to my E8 when I switch the E8 on. I never off my phone Bluetooth. I'm using a Note8 btw.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

chanbri

Reaction score
I haven't tried the jabra elites. I tried the jabra run, the Apollo 7s, soul ST-XS, air by crazybaby. So far the E8 and the Apollo 7s stand out for me. The E8s were more to my liking and cheaper than the Apollo 7s. The E8 clarity and comfort was the main factor I chose the E8s.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
when connecting E8, does yours autoconnect to your phone when you power it up?

Mine seems I power on the right bud then I take the left and right and press both for like 1-2 seconds till the right ear shows blue light. Then I go to my phone and open Bluetooth then click on E8. Then it will link to my phone.

Been doing this as this was what the sales guy taught me.

Are you doing it differently?
This is my only issue that my phone doesn't automatically link to my E8 when I switch the E8 on. I never off my phone Bluetooth. I'm using a Note8 btw.

Not sure which shop taught you this. For me. I will take out from charging case. Position on my ear and tap the right earbud. It will connect to my phone. Tap again, it will play my last played song. This i tried on 3 phones and all have the same behavior so i think is pairing step wrong.

Ok. try this if you have problem.

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Let me know if that works.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I haven't tried the jabra elites. I tried the jabra run, the Apollo 7s, soul ST-XS, air by crazybaby. So far the E8 and the Apollo 7s stand out for me. The E8s were more to my liking and cheaper than the Apollo 7s. The E8 clarity and comfort was the main factor I chose the E8s.

I have tried E8, Apollo 7, Bragi dash, Sol amp air, Icon X, Sony WF-1000x, Earin M1. I have a shipped and yet to receive Crazybaby nano.

So far i can say that E8 has the best sound quality. Infact they are very comparable to a $200 pair of wired earphone. Only drawback is sound skipping when in open spaces. This are very common on some truly wireless earbuds due to Bluetooth signal non reflection.

The best connection without sound skipping and very powerful bass is from Sol Amp air. So far i have NEVER encounter any sound skipping from this set. Just a advise for anyone who want the best and reliable connection.

Last edited:

musicsg_com

Reaction score

What phone are you using? I have a review unit and have tested with all my phones and none of them can deliver clean audio. I rank it one of the poorest audio quality TWE. Design-wise, not very fantastic too. But granted, the price is reasonable.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Not sure which shop taught you this. For me. I will take out from charging case. Position on my ear and tap the right earbud. It will connect to my phone. Tap again, it will play my last played song. This i tried on 3 phones and all have the same behavior so i think is pairing step wrong.

Ok. try this if you have problem.

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Let me know if that works.

When testing my review unit, it also does not auto-reconnect. I have returned the unit back so I cannot retest this process. But for sure the above is the proper way to pair E8 to a new device, i.e. pair using Bluetooth settings before loading Beoplay app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.