DBS Altitude Visa Signature

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, have seen
DBS only Airasia BIG, Krisflyer, Asia Miles

Citi • KrisFlyer • Asia Miles • Royal Orchid Plus • Executive Club • Enrich • Infinity MileageLands • Garuda Frequent Flyer • Etihad Guest • Qantas • Qatar • Flying Blue

correct me if im wrong

thanks! have seen the spend requirements for welcome miles.

but not too sure if any other long run differences?

noticed that dbs altitude dosent have any sign up bonuses currently?

Citi PM have more spend promo for bonus miles. I.e long weekend bonus, 3.5 mpd bonus.

Dbs altitude I rmb the last spend promo was q4 2016. 3 miles per dollar for overseas offline spending.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am also deciding which one to go for actually. Currently using altitude though. Just started so can move to Citi if it's better.

JC2015

Reaction score
Citi PM have more spend promo for bonus miles. I.e long weekend bonus, 3.5 mpd bonus.

Dbs altitude I rmb the last spend promo was q4 2016. 3 miles per dollar for overseas offline spending.

Altitude had double miles promo last year

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for a miles card that wont have expiry for points, seems like only dbs altitude and citi premiermiles are possible?

whats the difference between both? i see that citi premier has a higher min income 50k vs dbs 30k, and citi has the welcome offer of 42k miles.

any other key differences that would impact a decision for either card?

why not get both? In fact should get all the miles cards, esp. those that can earn 4mpd to try maximize the miles earn. Earning 1.2 mpd is not going to earn enough miles to redeem tickets for longhaul.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
why not get both? In fact should get all the miles cards, esp. those that can earn 4mpd to try maximize the miles earn. Earning 1.2 mpd is not going to earn enough miles to redeem tickets for longhaul.
Currently looking for a dbs cc to pair w dbs multiplier, seems the better option.

Starting slow w all the miles cards too

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT

Ezylryb

Banned
Reaction score
How long it takes to receive the card from DBS?

Depends when your credit card application get approved.

Once you receive a SMS that is approved, it should take around 1 week to receive your card.

If you haven't received a SMS or email, it may take 2 to 3 weeks for the back office to process.

yumyumz

Reaction score
Anyone knows when they will credit the $100 sign up bonus aft $500 spending clocked in the first mth?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check something.

No miles will be awarded for those installment payment right.

Can also check. For those 6 month 0% interest installment payment, there will be a admin fee? If so. How much ah?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

is this fee still applicable? can't find this info in dbs site

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more ..

Pay SGD25 per transaction.

thanks for the confirmation...so it's same like Citibank premier miles...

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

do you guys encounter this?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this fee still applicable? can't find this info in dbs site

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/rewards/card-rewards

There are 2 types of miles conversion now
1) KrisFlyer Miles Auto Conversion Programme is applicable to Principal Cardmembers who hold a valid DBS Insignia Card, DBS Black Treasures Elite Card or DBS Altitude Card. DBS Points will be converted at the start of each quarter, in minimum blocks of 500 DBS Points to 1,000 KrisFlyer miles. An annual participation fee of S$40+GST will be charged to customer’s DBS Credit Card after successful enrolment. =>Catch is cannot keep points once earn 500 DBS points. KF miles expire in 3 years.

2) S$25+GST per air miles redemption. Blocks of 5k DBS to 10k miles.

Last edited:

Spk307

Reaction score
thanks for the confirmation...so it's same like Citibank premier miles...

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

do you guys encounter this?

Sounds like a DCC problem. Google ‘Milelion dcc’ for Articles on this.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.