M1 Fibre Inaccessible Sites

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
disable guest networks... To simply everything, use DHCP for alll your clients for now, basically let everything be auto
Can't. It's quite dumb. I can disable Guest WiFi but cannot disable the Guest DHCP Gateway/Server.

Didn't know this caveat when I bought the router. Damn it.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Swapped to M1 Fibre and have issues with some sites: Specifically, it lists "error connection timed out".

Unable to ping or tracert to the sites as well.

Changed DNS to Google Primary and SingTel secondary yet the problem persists.

No changes in Windows Firewall. No other firewalls used. AntiVirus is BitDefender, tested with it both on and off: Still fails.

Sites include:
The Pioneer Woman (Recipe Site)
WordPress

Anyone has an idea what's going on?
Must be my router issue then. :(

Did you guys change the default gateway IP for your connections?

I'm not using 192.168.1.1
Firstly do you have this problem on other sites.

If it on these sites it could be routing issue but not at your side.

This same issue did happened as i came across.
Someone unable to access one particular site.
Another reply saying no problem.
But i also unable to access that site.

But when i visit via VPN there is no problem.
The VPN subscribed was partner with my ISP as it may not go thru ISP filter routing, i suppose.
After several days then i can access to that site.

In conclusion this is the reason on your problem.
As it could be due to anything;
Currently there is a cable broken as doing repaired.
Refer to ViewQwest on this as their vpn is having problem.
This repaired is suppose to complete next week or so.
This could be the reason on your problem.
Your IP may be on different route from others.

Edit: Your decision.
Contact ISP Broadband tech support.
Inform your problem to see if it is this reason.
If not request to refresh your IP to see if this is the cause &or resolved it.

Last edited:

freezerz

Reaction score
Using the Synology RT2600AC.

So I went ahead to do a TraceRT and realised that all the IPs I cannot access start with 192.0.x.x

This corresponds to the guest DHCP server gateway on the router model. Changing the guest DHCP server IP allowed me to access the sites.

I'm unable to disable the guest DHCP server completely however: Anyone has any suggestions on some deadend internet IP ranges that I most probably won't encounter? 255.x.x.x?
Did you mean the router reserves 192.0.x.x for guest network DHCP? If so, you should try to disable or change this.

192.0.x.x is a PUBLIC address range, not private. Not meant for network DHCP assignments. That will explain why you cannot access all sites with this network range.

Only 192.168.x.x is PRIVATE range. If you must differentiate between your network and guest, assign a different subnet for each network. Eg 192.168.10.x for your network, 192.168.20.x for guest network, network mask 255.255.255.0

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Swapped to M1 Fibre and have issues with some sites: Specifically, it lists "error connection timed out".

Unable to ping or tracert to the sites as well.

Changed DNS to Google Primary and SingTel secondary yet the problem persists.

No changes in Windows Firewall. No other firewalls used. AntiVirus is BitDefender, tested with it both on and off: Still fails.

Sites include:
The Pioneer Woman (Recipe Site)
WordPress

Anyone has an idea what's going on?

If you are using notebook, run "ipconfig /all" at command prompt window and let me know these ip adresses:

IP Address. . .
Subnet Mask . .
Default Gateway
DHCP Server . .
DNS Servers . .

jaloon

Reaction score
QFT.
Did you mean the router reserves 192.0.x.x for guest network DHCP? If so, you should try to disable or change this.

192.0.x.x is a PUBLIC address range, not private. Not meant for network DHCP assignments. That will explain why you cannot access all sites with this network range.

Only 192.168.x.x is PRIVATE range. If you must differentiate between your network and guest, assign a different subnet for each network. Eg 192.168.10.x for your network, 192.168.20.x for guest network, network mask 255.255.255.0

From Google, Private IPv4 address spaces are...
RFC1918 name IP address range mask bits
24-bit block 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255 8 bits
20-bit block 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 12 bits
16-bit block 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 16 bits

So if you are using a non-private range for internal address, there will be some cases whereby public addresses will fail if the subnet is the same.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QFT.

From Google, Private IPv4 address spaces are...
RFC1918 name IP address range mask bits
24-bit block 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255 8 bits
20-bit block 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 12 bits
16-bit block 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 16 bits

So if you are using a non-private range for internal address, there will be some cases whereby public addresses will fail if the subnet is the same.

So it is not isp fault. The topic M1 inaccessible site is not a suitable topic. We are able to access the site.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't. It's quite dumb. I can disable Guest WiFi but cannot disable the Guest DHCP Gateway/Server.

Didn't know this caveat when I bought the router. Damn it.
from the settings screenshots ive seen for rt2600 you can change the guest dhcp ip range. You should change it to one of the private ranges.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
The site may have blocked your WAN IP.

Try to off your ONT over night and hope that you get another WAN IP the next day.

Then try to see if you can access the website once you get another WAN IP.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.