Anyone working in Singapore Customs

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got worked with them regularly for inter ministry ops. What you wanna know exactly? Maybe I can share with you their office hours and training and even remuneration package but nothing more. You SO or JO first?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then share SO for me & JO for TS which additional information that is not shown in their website.

I got worked with them regularly for inter ministry ops. What you wanna know exactly? Maybe I can share with you their office hours and training and even remuneration package but nothing more. You SO or JO first?

hudasic

Reaction score
Maybe you would like to be much more specific. This is a very big question.
I got offered higher customs officer (so definitely JO). But that's all I know for now. Went for medical. They just called that they are processing and will get back to me latest 2 weeks time.

During the interview they did mention about the 3 yrs job rotation. And they did hint I'd probably be getting into either enforcement or checkpoints. So I was wondering about the job scope wise. What will I be doing? Cuz I don't know anyone in customs. I only have family and friends in ICA and Police.

Last edited:

hudasic

Reaction score

Yah I wanna know more about the remuneration package if you can share. The training for JO is 8 weeks right?
Thanks.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got offered higher customs officer (so definitely JO). But that's all I know for now. Went for medical. They just called that they are processing and will get back to me latest 2 weeks time.

During the interview they did mention about the 3 yrs job rotation. And they did hint I'd probably be getting into either enforcement or checkpoints. So I was wondering about the job scope wise. What will I be doing? Cuz I don't know anyone in customs. I only have family and friends in ICA and Police.

You signed up without knowing?

Reaction score

Not asking them instead?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check & inspect for unauthorized, illegal & undeclared items ;)

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, just asked my customs friends few days back

Tiagong SO and JO training all is OJT nowadays. Get posting then start work liao. Difference is SO high chance go HQ do policy or work with companies. JO high chance go for enforcement or checkpoints.

Pay wise, SO should be low to mid 3s depending on honours. JO is low to mid 2s depending on age and work experience.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Confirm JO posting.
Medical is standard for CS.

I worked with the enforcement folks most of the time. Hardcore unit is go Geylang catch illegal cig peddlers. If not go to heartland estate and fine people who smoke illegal cig. Else kena be an IO, after ops finish you clear paperwork.

Checkpoints work is go process GST liao. You go Woodlands got red lane. You go Changi got refund office.

zenxloves

Reaction score
Hi all just wanna know what are the trainings one has to go through after being accepted.

for example how the training course duration, stay-in or stay-out etc etc.
cant find any info on the training in their website, not like SPF or ICA.

any kind soul able to fill us in?

thank you!

Daheilong

Reaction score

Hi. I applied for the the custom officer position since beginning of the year and it has been 5 weeks but still no reply. (Status still ‘submitted’). Does it usually take this long or i kena rejected already?
Tried finding contact number/email for hr but cant find it.

xDYODDx

Reaction score
wah... totally no news from customs at all... nus career fair over so long liao.

liddat all the talents run to other companies liao lo... very few openings issit? can so complacent

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah... totally no news from customs at all... nus career fair over so long liao.

liddat all the talents run to other companies liao lo... very few openings issit? can so complacent

What makes you think they have not contacted those talents?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.