55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can top up for the x8500/x9000, i'd recommend it. They're much better TVs overall. Picture quality, contrast, motion handling etc.
Any idea the market prices for these two? Top up roughly how much?

jowy_ham

Reaction score
How much is x8500/x9000 (estimated), looking at 65" TV ?

How does x8500/x9000 vs 65SJ850T ?

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea the market prices for these two? Top up roughly how much?

Someone posted few pages fee pages back he got the Sony x9000 55” for $2599 with free PS4 I think.

chriscm1231

Reaction score
also samsung is cheap however it depends on your luck. If the TV LED self crack on its own then it will be the most expensive TV because Samsung will not fix it even it is under warranty. I use to think this is not possible but when I then surf the internet huge ton of feedback complains after complains.

Happened to mine - screen cracked 2 years after use but still within 3 years warrantly. Samsung refuse to fix. The best they are willing is to provide discounted repair price. There is no crack on the surface of the glass facing outside it is obvious the crack is from the glass internal to the tV

Turns out many complains on the internet and consistently they refuse to repair. Makes me wonder if it is because they know there is a manufacturing defect so it is endless to fix. So i will stay away from samsung unless i am prepare to risk buying another one. I have spent 9K in total within 3years.

Speaking of which ... seems like almost every other electronics outlet is pushing Samsung's QLED super aggressively when you're looking for OLED.

Apart from the obvious benefits of QLED which they regurgitate out like from a Samsung QLED product training/brief they went to and 'discouraging' on the OLED TVs, they are really bent on pushing the QLEDs out ... won't be surprised their incentives are WAY lucrative (ie. commissions and rebates) to push these QLED TVs. :s13:

Last edited:

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my LG 65" UH850T almost 2 years back, cheapest at Gain City sungai Kadot megastore, 3.8K without any free gift but in the end still let me choose one premium HDMI cable which cap at $80. I have roam around many places, all min 4.5k except this store.

Maybe you can try your luck there? I noticed the price quite negotiable and salesman quite friendly over there.

Very far from my place. Think quite difficult for them to reduce so much

TNG

Reaction score
That sucks ...

My current 3yr old Samsung still alright ... fingers-crossed!!!

also samsung is cheap however it depends on your luck. If the TV LED self crack on its own then it will be the most expensive TV because Samsung will not fix it even it is under warranty. I use to think this is not possible but when I then surf the internet huge ton of feedback complains after complains.

Happened to mine - screen cracked 2 years after use but still within 3 years warrantly. Samsung refuse to fix. The best they are willing is to provide discounted repair price. There is no crack on the surface of the glass facing outside it is obvious the crack is from the glass internal to the tV

Turns out many complains on the internet and consistently they refuse to repair. Makes me wonder if it is because they know there is a manufacturing defect so it is endless to fix. So i will stay away from samsung unless i am prepare to risk buying another one. I have spent 9K in total within 3years.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Seem like buy whatever brand also got problem. Just See whether u lucky or not to get a bad set.

Little_orc

Reaction score
I'm going expo (audio house) CNY electronic fair during lunch time, I try check the price of following models if they do selling over this event.
x8500/x9000
55UJ632T

TNG

Reaction score
I'm going expo (audio house) CNY electronic fair during lunch time, I try check the price of following models if they do selling over this event.
x8500/x9000
55UJ632T

Pls do ask abt LG 55C7 too.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
x8500/x9000
55UJ632T[/QUOTE
Thanks. N can check also panasonic 55EX640S also?

Little_orc

Reaction score
x8500/x9000
55UJ632T[/QUOTE
Thanks. N can check also panasonic 55EX640S also?

55UJ632T-1450
No Sony TV, only LG Samsung Panasonic Phillips.
I didnt check panasonic price.

The overall price there not cheap, i think you can get it in any megastore/warehouse.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG 55UJ632T can get $1399 at normal electronic stores in malls. Free delivery, bracket with installation. If you bargain a bit more / salesperson hungry for sales.. maybe can get slightly better deal.

chriscm1231

Reaction score
every brand sure have problems however it depends on how many customers complains there is and the followup response for purchases still within warranty. I am stun with the tons of complains on screen crack for samsung. Comparatively the complains on LG and Sony and other brands are significantly less (at least based on internet searching). This is just my perspective on why take the risk on a brand that have significantly more complains where people experience self crack and no repair within warranty period?

from the feedback if it is real i think samsung service sucks. you may want to look at this link and do more surfing
cnet.com/forums/discussions/internal-crack-in-brand-new-samsung-curved-4k-tv/
Seem like buy whatever brand also got problem. Just See whether u lucky or not to get a bad set.

Last edited:

derrickli7

Reaction score
Hi all, I was at Marina Square and Gain City is having some promo on LG. I went to the store to ask about the 55C7T and they straight away gave me $2550 without any free gift. Might be able to ask for lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.