3-4 months before moving into Crib

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's hear what are some items that Owners can purchase 3-4 mths beforehand so as to reduce time/effort when reno is ready.

or due to the forecasted rise of Goods & Services Tax :)

Thoughts
- Bedsheets
- Cutlery Set

sheinked

Reaction score
Let's hear what are some items that Owners can purchase 3-4 mths beforehand so as to reduce time/effort when reno is ready.

or due to the forecasted rise of Goods & Services Tax :)

Thoughts
- Bedsheets
- Cutlery Set

Fridge
Hobs and hood
Bedframe
Mattress
Toilet accessories
Dining tables and chairs
Sofa and console
Lights
Air con units

Going around to look at potential or for ideas helps too then can help to save time during renovation.
Those are a few that my wife and I are planning to purchase or have made deposits for.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I whack 2 x Sony TV and 1 x Soundbar during their Sony Days promo, last day of 2017, but take delivery only in mid March hahahaa.

Got 1 Simmons Tilam also, after all their pattern many many got at almost 40% off, same thing bought last year Xmas take delivery mid March.

Bathtub ordered early due to shipping time very long. Again ETA early March.

Upcoming is probably install aircon pipes first?

Need to whack taobao items too liao, things like 200 x hangers, cheap towels and all.

Oh ya that day go jalan jalan at Geylang whack some bathroom accessories liao.
Sent from 富贵山庄 using GAGT

sheinked

Reaction score
Actually best thing to do is to find out when are the respective sale or promotion period, track and one shot whack what we have in mind. One of the shop even emailed us during the sale last year and responded to our emails so we decided the deal was too good to miss.

Most of them are willing to hold our stuff til 2nd quarter 2018. Especially with major purchases. One of them is holding onto it for 8 months haha.

Can save money. And with use of some credit cards can save even more!

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sheinked, that’s quite a large portion of items. Great to hear that we can incorporate some into our shopping list.

For
Dining tables and chairs
Sofa and console,
Do u mind sharing some places/companies that products are value for money? (Good quality and need not be premium pricing)

Fridge
Hobs and hood
Bedframe
Mattress
Toilet accessories
Dining tables and chairs
Sofa and console
Lights
Air con units

Going around to look at potential or for ideas helps too then can help to save time during renovation.
Those are a few that my wife and I are planning to purchase or have made deposits for.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I whack 2 x Sony TV and 1 x Soundbar during their Sony Days promo, last day of 2017, but take delivery only in mid March hahahaa.

Got 1 Simmons Tilam also, after all their pattern many many got at almost 40% off, same thing bought last year Xmas take delivery mid March.

Bathtub ordered early due to shipping time very long. Again ETA early March.

Upcoming is probably install aircon pipes first?

Need to whack taobao items too liao, things like 200 x hangers, cheap towels and all.

Oh ya that day go jalan jalan at Geylang whack some bathroom accessories liao.

Good tips there, however I miss the year end sale as I was outstation.

Looks like the next one is CNY sales.

Do u think the prices of IKEA will be able to match taobao prices, based on quality and design? Might head to ikea to look for hangers and cheap towels as.

Btw, which retailer you would recommend for bathroom accessories in Geylang?

I intend to head down Hoe Kee to Lsls.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unless really on good promo or price "will not drop" kind of items

worth to hoot 1st becos of extra 3% meh

maybe the items you are getting is 5% cheaper 4 months later, esp electronics stuff

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good tips there, however I miss the year end sale as I was outstation.

Looks like the next one is CNY sales.

Do u think the prices of IKEA will be able to match taobao prices, based on quality and design? Might head to ikea to look for hangers and cheap towels as.

I intend to head down Hoe Kee to Lsls.

I wanted the thick wooden hangers from Ikea, about $1/piece.

GF prefer plastic ones from taobao at half the price. Slimmer and more hooks for things like tank top etc.

Never see taobao wooden ones so can't compare.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I came across this. Seems like a good deal. Unsure about its strength through

https://m.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/art/40317078/

I wanted the thick wooden hangers from Ikea, about $1/piece.

GF prefer plastic ones from taobao at half the price. Slimmer and more hooks for things like tank top etc.

Never see taobao wooden ones so can't compare.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I came across this. Seems like a good deal. Unsure about its strength through

https://m.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/art/40317078/

This one my friend use before, worthy of reservist use nia and even then wet wet no.4 out of washing machine hang already start to bend liao.

As for bathroom stuff, different shops price each items differently, really machiam Sim Lim Square style, need to shop by shop ask.

Hoe Kee (Katong Complex)
Heritage Bathroom Gallery (718)
Bacera (714)
Universal Union Enterprise (710)
Homeone Euro (690)
EZZE Galleria (684)
Bathzone (666)

All of them are in the same side (left), and if i not wrong i already listed them down in order of location, just walk down can liao. (Unit number)

Heritage can nego prices to do price match one. But funny enough, Bathzone sell me the popular Baron towel rack at the lowest price, $75 before GST i think. Heritage already promo $88 cannot lower.

Fast hand fast leg whacked 2 liao.

9PvffRol.jpg

Last edited:

sheinked

Reaction score
Actually we only made purchases for fridge, aircon and washing machine/dryer, and dining set. Cos each item we saved at least $200 or even more. For our washer and dining set, we managed to get $500+ off each respectively.

The rest we have more or less decided, will make our purchases too.

Been looking for furniture for living room, but we have not come across any we like. :(

Electronics products can wait cos those prices will drop for sure. Plan to hoot during those IT shows etc. Hahaha.

sheinked

Reaction score
Can go to Jalan Besar too. JR Link, Poh something all. All quite close to one another too.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These purchases you made, Harvey Norman? Seems like they have the best price.

Next show should be coming up soon:)!

Am looking out for a speaker too. Any comments regarding the Sonos playback?

Actually we only made purchases for fridge, aircon and washing machine/dryer, and dining set. Cos each item we saved at least $200 or even more. For our washer and dining set, we managed to get $500+ off each respectively.

The rest we have more or less decided, will make our purchases too.

Been looking for furniture for living room, but we have not come across any we like. :(

Electronics products can wait cos those prices will drop for sure. Plan to hoot during those IT shows etc. Hahaha.

sheinked

Reaction score
These purchases you made, Harvey Norman? Seems like they have the best price.

Next show should be coming up soon:)!

Am looking out for a speaker too. Any comments regarding the Sonos playback?

We went to different shops to buy different items. We visited Tangs, Gain City and Harvey Norman. GC seems to have better deals we feel.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For sharing, GC held their atrium sale at marina square. Not sure when it ends but spotted good deals there.

Air fryer new model large was below 300.

We went to different shops to buy different items. We visited Tangs, Gain City and Harvey Norman. GC seems to have better deals we feel.

starun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Add on: philips kettle 1.7L with keep warm function, full stainless steal was going for 59sgd. I believed it’s one of the lowest.

Some reviews mentioned the inner base still prone to rust. Anyone using this?

Bosch 1.7L is my second choice due to its higher price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.