Keep press Command and R keys but macOS Utilities never appear...

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to wipe out my old Macbook to factory settings but the macOS Utilities window never appear even after press, hold the Command+R keys during restart or switch off.

The said Macbook is an old version (white with build in disk drive) that many of the softwares are outdated which is why I intend to wipe out.

Thanks for any help.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
r u updating to a newer OS? u can access disk utility during e installation also.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
r u updating to a newer OS? u can access disk utility during e installation also.

I think this Mac of mine had reached its "full capacity" that it's not able to update the latest OS as whenever I pressed software update, it never prompt any newer version available.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this Mac of mine had reached its "full capacity" that it's not able to update the latest OS as whenever I pressed software update, it never prompt any newer version available.

in any case I believe u can access disk utility from any OS installer.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
in any case I believe u can access disk utility from any OS installer.

Like how -_-|| ? like mentioned I press hold the Command+R when restart the Macbook, it never prompted the disk utility - a method I followed after Googled.

So don't know where the issue is now.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like how -_-|| ? like mentioned I press hold the Command+R when restart the Macbook, it never prompted the disk utility - a method I followed after Googled.

So don't know where the issue is now.

boot from e installer then access disk utility

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
being a noob Mac user, the "installer" u referring come in a form of CD izzit? Thanks for ur earlier replies.

yes depending on which OS version can be CD or USB installer.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
yes depending on which OS version can be CD or USB installer.

Thanks for ur reply but I think I misplaced either one that is there anywhere I can get a replacement for either one.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u still haven't mention which OS u want to install.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
I managed to sort it out after a few hours of trial and error.

20gh2c.png

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.