NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

isabella_d7

Reaction score
Anyone here applying as trained teachers (with teaching qualifications and/or experience)?

Any news from MOE so far? Mine is still "in process"... Long wait.

roxysquare88

Reaction score
Hi, I will be starting 5th Feb, teaching Primary CL.

Danny here.

Please PM me and we will take it from there. WA group for "internship" peer support.

wahahaash

Reaction score

Danny here.

Please PM me and we will take it from there. WA group for "internship" peer support.
I don’t know why I cannot send private message to u. Can you PM me instead? This is Ashley. I m starting on 5 Feb and teaching Primary CL as well.
Thank you very much.

isabella_d7

Reaction score
Hi Danny, I'm teaching primary CL too, but under trained teachers... Am i still eligible to join your group?

Wondering when will moe notify outcome for trained teachers... Anyone knows??

Danny here.

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
Hi Danny, I'm teaching primary CL too, but under trained teachers... Am i still eligible to join your group?

Wondering when will moe notify outcome for trained teachers... Anyone knows??

I think, as long as the wait (after interview date) is more than 5 weeks, it should be pretty safe to say that they won't reject.

Mine was "In-process" for 8 weeks before they contacted me saying they couldnt proceed with my desired subject and asked if I could switch.

I think you can email them at the moe_ru email with your application number and ask for an update.

By right if you don't have to go through the whole NIE process again, they shouldn't be taking so long.. The only reason I can think of is they don't have a school to slot you in.

ahrexyao

Reaction score
Ok, they called me, lets hope I don't have to do another lesson presentation.

But in case I need to, can anyone who did PE give some pointers? Thanks! :D

I wasn't stopped like how @leonard_x had said. I taught dry land exercise for swimming. My sequences of teaching were:

1) Introduce myself and what they are going to learn today.
2) Set ground rules eg. when I talk you don't talk. follow my instructions. safety etc.
3) Show them some youtube of what I'm going to teach eg. freestyle, to let them have some ideas because I think it works very well for kids.
4) Then start teaching.

So when the interviewer tried to be "naughty", I reminded them of the rules that I set. That's how I got through the teaching part. I think there wasn't any chance for them to be too rowdy I guess?

Hope it helps! :)

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
I wasn't stopped like how @leonard_x had said. I taught dry land exercise for swimming. My sequences of teaching were:

2) Set ground rules eg. when I talk you don't talk. follow my instructions. safety etc.
3) Show them some youtube of what I'm going to teach eg. freestyle, to let them have some ideas because I think it works very well for kids.
4) Then start teaching.

So when the interviewer tried to be "naughty", I reminded them of the rules that I set. That's how I got through the teaching part. I think there wasn't any chance for them to be too rowdy I guess?

Thanks for the tips! :)

Regarding PPT agility run, where is it conducted? My friend said it was on badminton court kind of ground. I am afraid it will be slippery lol

ahrexyao

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! :)

Regarding PPT agility run, where is it conducted? My friend said it was on badminton court kind of ground. I am afraid it will be slippery lol

Mine was at netball court I think? Don't remember because that was way back during 2016. But I remember mine was those rough floors. So if you slip and fall, I'm pretty sure you'll have a nasty cut. But even if it's at a badminton court, remember to pour some water on the ground so that you can have some grip for the moment when you run.

callmezehzeh

Reaction score

4) Then start teaching.

+1 on the part about ground rules! It really helped a lot.

leonard_x

Reaction score
Mine was at netball court I think? Don't remember because that was way back during 2016. But I remember mine was those rough floors. So if you slip and fall, I'm pretty sure you'll have a nasty cut. But even if it's at a badminton court, remember to pour some water on the ground so that you can have some grip for the moment when you run.

Hi ahrexyao, can I ask when was your interview ? Agreed that the part about ground rules is good :)

wahahaash

Reaction score
各位,不好意思,我跟一则华文帖子,会比较醒目。
Danny有私信几位朋友,
如果愿意的话,请2018年2月5日入职的小学华文老师加他的WhatsApp吧,
我们组个群,方便联系沟通!请查收站内私信!
谢谢!祝大家一切顺利!
我发不了站内私信 怎么办😂 你可以发给我吗? 看我能不能收到。万分感谢!

wahahaash

Reaction score
I tried just now, but it said, wahahaash has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

So weird? Let me check.... not sure how it works

wahahaash

Reaction score
I tried just now, but it said, wahahaash has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Hi dear, have you receive the PM I sent to you just now?

ahrexyao

Reaction score
+1 on the part about ground rules! It really helped a lot.

Gotta thank the people in this forum who gave me useful feedback during my interviews that I had failed! I gather their comments and changed the way I did my interview. Of course, my experiences as a teacher has also helped me a lot. So I'm trying to give back in this forum and help as many people as possible because I really do understand the stress and waiting time which could be painful :)

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
MOE replied me....told me to wait and they will let me know the outcome of my application by end jan 2018.....

I have completed the medical check....hopefully this is good news....:/ (praying that it is not rejection mail by end jan 2018)

Alice.Yu

Reaction score

Danny here.

各位,不好意思,我跟一则华文帖子,会比较醒目。
Danny有私信几位朋友,
如果愿意的话,请2018年2月5日入职的小学华文老师加他的WhatsApp吧,
我们组个群,方便联系沟通!请查收站内私信!
若未能收到站内私信,可再次私信我。
谢谢!祝大家一切顺利!

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
MOE replied me....told me to wait and they will let me know the outcome of my application by end jan 2018.....

I have completed the medical check....hopefully this is good news....:/ (praying that it is not rejection mail by end jan 2018)

All the best! :D I'm pretty sure won't reject, worst case scenario is they ask you to change subject lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.