Viewqwest Onevoice - Not if your life or business depends on it

kevincheng

Reaction score
I have been experiencing problems with Onevoice for several weeks and Viewqwest has been unable to fix it.
The most common problem has been that when an incoming call is answered, the caller cannot be heard.
For the past 48+ hours, the problem has been that I only hear an engaged tone when I pick up the phone and calls can neither be made or received.
Viewqwest does not care about the uptime for their OneVoice service. It appears that their OneVoice technical team only works during the day on weekdays. If you call during other hours, the support line will tell you that the OneVoice engineering team has been informed and will get back to you. What is the point of a round-the-clock support line when they cannot fix the problem?
I have 3 children at home. If I were out and there were an emergency, I suppose Viewqwest would not care that my children would be unable to call 999 or 995. I wonder if there are legal implications in Singapore regarding this.
As the Viewqwest support line is not toll free, I must have spent about 100 mins of my mobile phone talk time on their support line. On one occasion after waiting in the queue for 15min I pressed zero attempt to leave a voicemail to be called back but did not hear any prompt to start the message and so had to hang up and call again only to be put at the end of the queue.
Neither do I think that they can be relied on to return your call. Once I was informed that I would be called back to be updated on the problem and did not receive a call at all. Another time I specifically asked them to call me back within an hour and instead they emailed me. I suppose this was due to the agent's (Muhammad Shafiq) realisation that he had no resolution to my problem so he preferred to avoid telling me in person.
I was an early Viewqwest supporter and a customer for almost 6 years. As many other posts on the internet would testify, their product and service has unfortunately deteriorated to a point where I feel obliged to post this as a warning to anyone considering being their customer. Regretfully, I am pretty sure that they will not release me early from my pre-paid contract with them, but you can be sure that I shall be joining the exodus of customers once the contract ends.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been experiencing problems with Onevoice for several weeks and Viewqwest has been unable to fix it.
The most common problem has been that when an incoming call is answered, the caller cannot be heard.
For the past 48+ hours, the problem has been that I only hear an engaged tone when I pick up the phone and calls can neither be made or received.
Viewqwest does not care about the uptime for their OneVoice service. It appears that their OneVoice technical team only works during the day on weekdays. If you call during other hours, the support line will tell you that the OneVoice engineering team has been informed and will get back to you. What is the point of a round-the-clock support line when they cannot fix the problem?
I have 3 children at home. If I were out and there were an emergency, I suppose Viewqwest would not care that my children would be unable to call 999 or 995. I wonder if there are legal implications in Singapore regarding this.
As the Viewqwest support line is not toll free, I must have spent about 100 mins of my mobile phone talk time on their support line. On one occasion after waiting in the queue for 15min I pressed zero attempt to leave a voicemail to be called back but did not hear any prompt to start the message and so had to hang up and call again only to be put at the end of the queue.
Neither do I think that they can be relied on to return your call. Once I was informed that I would be called back to be updated on the problem and did not receive a call at all. Another time I specifically asked them to call me back within an hour and instead they emailed me. I suppose this was due to the agent's (Muhammad Shafiq) realisation that he had no resolution to my problem so he preferred to avoid telling me in person.
I was an early Viewqwest supporter and a customer for almost 6 years. As many other posts on the internet would testify, their product and service has unfortunately deteriorated to a point where I feel obliged to post this as a warning to anyone considering being their customer. Regretfully, I am pretty sure that they will not release me early from my pre-paid contract with them, but you can be sure that I shall be joining the exodus of customers once the contract ends.

when the problem started to arise? if its many years back, why still stick to them?

heck, even M1 the cheapest price still maintain 99.9% uptime for my case regardless voice or internet.

kevincheng

Reaction score
Serious problems only started arising just after I renewed this past September! I did have onvoice problems earlier but they were resolved much quicker. Guess it was my bad... Have been renewing rather automatically previous times without thinking much.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even their own hotline is IP phone line so when internet is down, u can barely get thru cos they do not have many landlines.

Apex

Reaction score
VQ onevoice nothing new.. The VQ Thread always have people post Onevoice down. Maybe should rename the product to LastVoice.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all , may I ask which exchange you guys are on?

Sent from Everytime I See You, My ❤ Skip A Beat /\/\/\_____/\/\/ using GAGT

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious problems only started arising just after I renewed this past September! I did have onvoice problems earlier but they were resolved much quicker. Guess it was my bad... Have been renewing rather automatically previous times without thinking much.

wow. 2yrs contract. good luck.

if u got balls, cancel them den don't pay any penalty..

anyway u could have cancel during then, any issues i found with ISP, if the issues keep arising, i will cancel them and move to others. that's what i did for MyRepublic.

kevincheng

Reaction score
wow. 2yrs contract. good luck.

if u got balls, cancel them den don't pay any penalty..

anyway u could have cancel during then, any issues i found with ISP, if the issues keep arising, i will cancel them and move to others. that's what i did for MyRepublic.

I prepaid 2 years... :sad:

ridney

Reaction score
im with myrepublic and I remember having the same problems with mobile phones using VoLTE. You might want to check on it

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks goddness. I was thinking of recontacting for my new flat with onevoice. Luckily i dillydall.

Is singtel any better? Or any recommended ISP with voice call?

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks goddness. I was thinking of recontacting for my new flat with onevoice. Luckily i dillydall.

Is singtel any better? Or any recommended ISP with voice call?

I believe M1 and SingTel offer Voice.

singtel -> Has VLAN or may issue customer with ONR. So if you prefer to use your own router you must make sure it support VLAN, if they issue u ONR your current router usually would need to configure to AP mode.

M1 -> Just plug in your current router and use (minimum configuration on router end require)

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe M1 and SingTel offer Voice.

singtel -> Has VLAN or may issue customer with ONR. So if you prefer to use your own router you must make sure it support VLAN, if they issue u ONR your current router usually would need to configure to AP mode.

M1 -> Just plug in your current router and use (minimum configuration on router end require)

Hows the speeed for M1. They still trottle? I usually BT.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
So many ppl kena liao u still never learn. NEVER pay upfront for anything. The “discount” is not worth it. Imagine if the company uplorry before the 2 yrs is up how?

Even if sign contract doesn't the cancellation fees be so expensive that most people still suck thumb and continue for 2 years? Btw I don't know about viewquest terms .only remembered Singtel ADSL termination fees quite high

kevincheng

Reaction score
As an update, OneVoice has been working for the past month. VQ never bothered to explain to me what the problem was. Hopefully it doesn't recur.

Mankul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time I got this problem. Been with Viewqwest since 2010. Only 2 weeks ago if I call my onevoice line, cannot hear both sides of the call.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.