Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OH MY GIRL(오마이걸) 'SECRET GARDEN' Showcase Stage

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Red Velvet’s Seulgi To Feature In Moonbyul’s Solo Track On MAMAMOO’s Album

Seulgi-Moonbyul.jpg
Seulgi has lent her voice to MAMAMOO’s upcoming album!

According to a news outlet on January 9, Seulgi recently completed recording for Moonbyul’s solo track on MAMAMOO’s album.

MAMAMOO’s agency confirmed the news and added that the release date is undecided.

The two are known to be good friends and participated in KBS variety show “Idol Drama Operation Team” together.

Meanwhile, MAMAMOO released their new single “Paint Me” on January 4 and is gearing up for their next album.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gugudan Announces Plans For Upcoming Comeback

gugudan.jpg
gugudan is joining the January comeback rush!

On January 9, the group’s agency Jellyfish Entertainment shared, “Their comeback schedule was recently finalized, and they are preparing for promotions. Details like the album concept cannot be revealed yet, but they will be making a transformation once again while maintaining the qualities of gugudan.”

Soyee, who did not participate in “Chococo” promotions due to an injury, has recovered well and will be back for the upcoming comeback.

gugudan’s new album is set to be released on January 31.

buttbERry

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Girls' Generation's YoonA spotted grocery shopping with Lee Sang Soon for 'Hyori's Bed & Breakfast'

Girls' Generation's YoonA was spotted grocery shopping with Lee Sang Soon!

YoonA was recently revealed to be the part-timer working for the Lee Sang Soon and Lee Hyori couple on the second season of JTBC's 'Hyori's Bed & Breakfast' following IU last season, and filming officially started on January 9. As you can see in the photos below, the Girls' Generation member and Mr. Lee are doing some grocery shopping to prepare meals for 'Hyori's Bed & Breakfast' guests.

Stay tuned for updates on 'Hyori's Bed & Breakfast'!

Lee-Hyori_Girls-Generation_YoonA_1515496864_20180109_yoona2.jpg

Lee-Hyori_Girls-Generation_YoonA_1515496864_20180109_yoona1.jpg

Lee-Hyori_Girls-Generation_YoonA_1515496864_20180109_yoona3.jpg

Lee-Hyori_Girls-Generation_YoonA_1515496864_20180109_yoona4.jpg

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SHINee to hold Japanese concert as scheduled + members' handwritten letters​

SHINee.jpg

SHINee will be holding their Japanese concert as scheduled.

The group was scheduled to hold 'SHINee World The Best 2018 ~From Now On' in February in Japan. However, after the tragedy with the late Jonghyun, SM Entertainment had asked fans to be patient with their decision as they were unable to make one so suddenly.

SEE ALSO: SM makes statement about SHINee's Japanese concert scheduled for February next year

The members ultimately decided to go on with the concert, and each wrote a handwritten letter for their fans.

Onew wrote,

"Hello. This is SHINee's Onew.
I'm not sure what to say first.
I'm thankful that you have protected and cared about the member that we love so much, and I'm sorry for worrying you.
I thought this wouldn't work, and that we wouldn't be able to perform.
But Jonghyun's mother told us never to give up, and I believed that if we could give comfort to someone who is in longing and in pain, I should work harder even though I'm lacking.
I am very lacking, but I want to be the best I can for SHINee.
Even if the course is difficult, I will work my best.
Jonghyun is forever a SHINee member, and will always be in our hearts and the fans' hearts, so I believe nothing will have changed.
I will continue to work hard as SHINee.
Thank you."

Key wrote,

"Hello. This is SHINee's Key.
So many people worried for me, and I'm working to gather my thoughts and go back to everyday life.
Sometimes I cry when I see things Jonghyun-hyung left behind because of the memories, and even though my heart hurts, I'm working hard to win over it by thinking I'm spending time with hyung.
I know many people support SHINee and want us to keep promoting, and I thought a lot about it as well, but I didn't think I wanted to give up everything for a peace of mind.
Many people are worried about us, and we decided to continue on with our Japanese concert.
This decision would be something Jonghyun-hyung wanted from us, and I believe that it's the most SHINee-like to keep our promise to the fans and put on a good stage.
This year is SHINee's 10th anniversary.
Thank you so much for always supporting us and taking care of us, and we will give back through a SHINee-like stage.
I love you, and thank you."

Minho wrote,

"Hello, this is SHINee's Minho.
Concerning SHINee's Japanese concert, the members each thought for himself and also gathered to talk about it, and we came to a cautious conclusion. I am writing to relay my thoughts calmly.
While I write this, I'm having a lot of thoughts, and every moment, I feel a lot of emotions, but I want to write calmly.
There must be some who embrace this decision, and others who worry about this decision.
We also don't know what the right answer is, but we believe right now that this is the right answer, and we want to keep our promise to you.
All the memories we have with the members, the staff, and the fans are all so precious and happy to us, and I believe nothing else can replace that.
Nothing can replace Jonghyun-hyung's place, and I'm worried about the quality of our stage, but I will put all my sincerity in preparations by thinking that Jonghyun-hyung will be with us on all the stages that SHINee will be on in the future.
As Jonghyun-hyung and the rest of us promised with you, when we are exhausted and want to quit, and when we want to run away because we're weak, I will remember that your hands are our biggest strength, and keep singing for you.
It's harder than anyone can imagine, but I believe you will give us strength so we can all overcome this and keep our promise.
SHINee will feel grateful at every moment through that support, and fill our moments for you and Jonghyun-hyung. I think I will be able to be a little warmer in this cold winter thanks to your warm support.
Thank you."

Taemin wrote,

"Hello. This is SHINee's Taemin.
To be honest, I didn't have much confidence to perform. However, I wanted to keep our promise with fans, and I didn't want to say farewell to the SHINee members in the future.
When I looked back to the times that I was the happiest and I had the most security in, they were moments when I was with the members and the fans. I got more fond of the name 'SHINee' as well as the members, and I wanted even less to give up.
I know the future won't be easy, but I'm going to try my best so that the name SHINee will keep shining without losing its light or being forgotten.
The members and you are the people who made me such beautiful memories. I'm thankful and I want to keep those memories for a long time.
I want to keep being loved as SHINee, and I want to show our member in the sky that we will confidently step up and stand on the stage as SHINee.
I'm sorry for worrying fans, and I ask you keep watching us.
It's cold, so take care of yourselves, and happy new year."

Hopefully the members will be okay.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chungha 2nd Mini Album 'OFFSET' Track List | Title Track 'Roller Coaster'

DTHByHMVMAEbn8Q.jpg

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2018 Idol Star Athletics Championships Announces More Groups Taking Part This Season

pristin-victon-snuper-weki-meki.jpg
The 2018 Idol Star Athletics Championships has shared a lineup for the upcoming Lunar New Year special!

On January 9, MBC updated the website for the 2018 Idol Star Athletics Championships with a list of male and female groups and idols who will be taking part in this season’s games.

The network previously shared a lineup for three of the sports categories that included many groups and idols, but the new list on their website features even more groups, with new names including PRISTIN, Weki Meki, MOMOLAND, SNUPER, KNK, VICTON, and more.

Male participants include BTOB, VIXX, SEVENTEEN, NU’EST W, MONSTA X, ASTRO, NCT 127, UP10TION, SNUPER, KNK, VICTON, IMFACT, ONF, The East Light, Romeo, Golden Child, MVP, MXM, The Boyz, BLK, IN2IT, RAINZ, TopSecret, and MYTEEN.

Female participants include TWICE, Red Velvet, GFRIEND, Lovelyz, LABOUM, Oh My Girl, DIA, Cosmic Girls, gugudan, APRIL, PRISTIN, Weki Meki, DreamCatcher, CLC, MOMOLAND, Berry Good, Baby Boo, Favorite, H.U.B, Gate9, S.I.S, Busters, Hash Tag, Minseo, Kriesha Chu, Yuseol, ELRIS, and 1NB.

It appears that this is not a full lineup for all of the sports, as it was previously announced that members of EXO, Wanna One, and other groups would be taking part in the bowling competition. Members of Highlight, MONSTA X, SEVENTEEN, and more are also reportedly participating in bowling.

The Lunar New Year special of the 2018 Idol Star Athletics Championships will be held on January 15 in Seoul, with MCs including Jun Hyun Moo, Super Junior’s Leeteuk, and Apink’s Bomi. Sports will include track and field, bowling, archery, rhythmic gymnastics, and aerobics.

The show is expected to air on MBC during the Lunar New Year holiday.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EXID Surprises With Teaser For New “Re:flower” Project

DTHBnpJUMAAuD4g.jpg

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh My Girl Opens Up About Making Their Return As 7-Member Group And Staying In Touch With JinE

Oh-My-Girl-XPN-1.jpg
Oh My Girl shared their thoughts about making their first comeback as a seven-member group.

Oh My Girl held a press conference for the release of their fifth mini album “Secret Garden” on January 9. This comeback is not only meaningful because it is their first comeback in nine months, but it will also be the group’s first album since JinE withdrew from the group in October 2017 due to health issues.

When asked how they feel about returning as a seven-member group, Jiho said, “As this is our first album since becoming a seven-member group, it would be a lie to say that we didn’t feel any pressure. We worked very hard to fill in the empty space left behind.” The group was also asked whether they have been keeping in touch with JinE, to which Seunghee replied, “Though we don’t have the opportunity to talk often, she tells us that she’s always supporting us and keeping up with our activities. We tell her how grateful we are [to have her support].”

It may be because they’re already making a return with one less member, but Jiho sat on stage and performed with the other members despite her ankle injury. She said, “I ended up getting hurt while rehearsing because I was so determined to prepare a good performance. I hope to have a quick recovery so we can all stand on stage together soon.”

She also showed her affection for her fellow members as she added, “I should be facing forward while I sing, but I keep finding myself looking at the other members because they look so pretty performing on stage.”

The members of Oh My Girl also shared what their “Secret Garden” is, as Mimi said, “Oh My Girls’ secret garden is Oh My Girl. Our secret garden isn’t complete unless all of the members are together.”

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Former Rainbow member Woori to promote as an actress with a new name

Woori.jpg
Former Rainbow member Woori will be using a new name as an actress.

According to an agency representative on January 9, Woori has finalized her name change and will be promoting as Go Na Eun from now on. With MBN 'Yeonnam-dong 539' airing its first episode on January 10, the star will be embarking on her acting career using the new name.

Go Na Eun juggled both singing and acting after debuting as a Rainbow member in 2009. Following the group's disbandment in October 2016, she decided to focus solely on her acting career.

Go Na Eun will be returning to the small screen after a year, taking on the role of Seok Do Hee, a young job seeker, in MBN's upcoming drama.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like Oh My Girl has found their breakthrough song

None of their previous song has manage to climb so high on all the various charts.

Can go for 1st win liao

2B6og.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.