Recommend Cab Driver

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just back from Taiwan. Went to Taichung and Taipei. Got some hiccup at Taichung, the driver we initially engaged suddenly told us he can't drive us on our 2nd day. He later got another driver for us. Lucky the driver at Taichung was good. Recommended food and some interesting places in Taichung which was not in our itinerary.

The other driver in Taipei we engaged is mentioned in this thread by many members. He is good also. Same as we experienced in Taichung.

jimmyleong

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi just to clarify me, wife and 3 kids would need a 7/9 seater right? Normal car cannot make it right?

These recommended drivers are using what size vehicles?

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My family of 4 including myself is going Taipei on 8 to 14 Dec. Wish to go Taichung and Jiufen (on separate days), back to Taipei at night within same day.
Anyone wanna share taxi/van?
Flexible plans. We stay near Ximending.

Sent from my friend's mobile using GAGT

Last edited:

Streamium70

Reaction score
our family of 4 (me+wife+2xteenage kids) are going to the same date as well. For jiufen, you can consider public transport (train+bus). For Taichung, take HSR. This time round, we are going Hualien and Yilan instead

yamkc58

Reaction score
Travelling to Taiwan in a few days time. My driver is asking for the personal particulars of my family to purchase 旅游责任险。something that was not required when I travelled to Taiwan a few years ago. Want to know if this is something newly implemented?

Victory088

Reaction score
Travelling to Taiwan in a few days time. My driver is asking for the personal particulars of my family to purchase 旅游责任险。something that was not required when I travelled to Taiwan a few years ago. Want to know if this is something newly implemented?
is a norm.

demonkoh

Reaction score
Hi just to clarify me, wife and 3 kids would need a 7/9 seater right? Normal car cannot make it right?

These recommended drivers are using what size vehicles?
It depends on quite a few factor.... Firstly how big are your kids? The size is one consideration for the 7 or 9 seater vehicle. Secondly, will you travel on the road with luggage? You need space for the number of items you are carrying. most of the drivers drive the 7 seater taxi.

michteo1907

Reaction score
Hi holiday goers,

May I check if anyone has contact in Taiwan for mini bus hire/ charter for 13 people? Looking for chartering the bus for full day in Taipei, as well as Hua Lian, And Sun Moon Lake to Cingjing.

So far only managed to find bus contact in Hua Lian.. Thanks!

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone book a 4 seater from Taipei XMD to Tai Chung before and how’s the rate like?
Currently I’m looking for 3 + 1 (3 yr) from XMD to Tai Chung day trip and ends at Feng Jia for a night.

zazawa

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got itinerary and driver to share? we have 7 adults, normally no luggage while travelling...

24-27th Dec - Taipei
27-30th Dec - Taichung, want to go CJ farm, sun moon lake
30-2nd Jan - Kaohsiung, want go Kenting

For the stay in Taichung, so far, we want to go CJ farm and sun moon lake, May i know if 1 day enough to cover both places? or does it require 2 separate days?

we are also open for any interesting recommendations.

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommended driver from hualien to taroko gorge to cingjing?

2 pax going in feb.

Was considering btw okgo bus or private driver.

Last edited:

shineandyou

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Shoun and living in Taichung. If anyone need a tour and driver in Taichung or Taipei, please mail me.(within 3 ppl) Then, if anyone have any problem or question on your trip, you can feel free to let me know as well. I will help you with my best. Thank you so much...

shineandyou@hotmail.com

Shoun

jimmy_sg

Reaction score
Anyone has recommended driver for kaohsiung? Looking to go Meinong, Fo Guang San and kaohsiung outskirts area... Thanks.

For 2pax...

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am now in Taipei, i need a transport for 4 people to Yehliu/JiuFen/ShiFen for 1 day. (Either Sunday or Tuesday), and another day for Taichung (Either Sunday or Tuesday).

I dont mind join in your family group if u heading there too.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Victory088

Reaction score
Just want to feedback on one of the driver who fetch us around today in Taipei. We actually engaged pudding but he was not available today therefore he recommended "squid" or Mr Sun. A nice guy which will go extra mile and introduce interesting local food along the way. Is not the cheaper but definitely a safe and smart driver who know where to go and what to do. Anyway can whatapp him at +0966715081 his Facebook is squid5151.

Last edited:

Charlieliu

Reaction score
It is available in the previous pages. One of them is Pudding (Taipei) +886 955 577 675 , the other is Wang Chi Chieh (Taichung) +886 917 522 616

I just came back from Taiwan. Same as you, based on the other Bro's post in this tread, I engaged Wang Chi Chieh (Taichung) +886 917 522 616. I am very satisfied with his service. The bro's post was not fake, neither is mine (although this is my first post in HWZ after reading the forum for years, it does not make sense for me to get a single cent from him for recommending him). I found his service very good for me to share with fellow Singaporeans who are looking for driver in Taichung.

As you mentioned, he does not know how to package himself as he is a humble senior humorous Taiwanese. As my family is 5 with luggages, so we need a 9 seater car. Hence his price is higher than what was mentioned here but still cheaper or same than what other drivers (including some recommended in this forum) quoted me. His quote is Add time, Add Places, No add money. But I would not abuse this as he need time to rest (for our safety).

He propose places to visit for my required two days Taichung travelling. I also did my research. He is flexible to accomodate my requests. My family travel leisurely, so we choose the places most interest us. I also booked hotels next to Night Market so that I can travel in his car to as many places as possible.

Initially I thought of using him only for Taichung, so I plan to take train to Taichung, and ask him to pick me from the train station. To my surprise, he propose to pick me up from Taipei. Hence I manage to squeeze Yeh Liu Geo Park into my itinrery, and he brought us to 新竹城隍庙 for famous fried beehoon for lunch.
My second day was from Taichung to Cinjing. He actually suggested to me 鹿港 which I have not seen people put it on the way to Cinjing.

Initially I thought I would end his service at Cinjing and I will make my way to Kaoshiung myself. After seeing the complicity of transferring buses and train, I added one more day of his service from Cinjing to KaoShiung, so that I have chance to visit 台南。He is very knowledgable about the places and suggest good places for meals.

As I mentioned, I do not have other drivers to compare him with. But my family really enjoy his sincere services.

cutoutxstars

Master Member
Reaction score
looking to co share a car (with driver) for a day trip to shifen, jiufen etc. any dates between 14-17 Jan! 2 pax here

LeoHorse

Reaction score
which driver would you recommend for jiufen etc.

I asked 2 different paxs,

1) Cola - He quote me NT4000 for 9 hrs. Overtime - NT400 per hour
2) http://www.ezgotaiwan.com/ quote me Nt4000 for 10 hours. Overtime- NT500 per hour

Cola said my itinerary required 12 hrs.
十分瀑布
菁桐車站
平溪老街
十分老街
南雅奇石
阴阳海
水湳洞精炼厂/十三层遗址
黃金瀑布
九份老街
庙口夜市 .

http://www.ezgotaiwan.com/ quote me this for 10 hrs.

Anybody tried this before?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.