<RANT> Don't buy anything from courts online.

randomph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TLDR: Courts online SUCKS!

Really fed up with these guys.
I ordered a surface pro on 12 Dec. Got an email confirmation of my order. Thought it'd be straightforward. Waited and waited, no news, nothing.

Gave them a call on 18 Dec. Alright, they said, their delivery guys might have slipped up on the order. No worries, they can provide the surface pro within next 2 days, the customer service person said.

Then the next day, got an email confirmation. (Finally). They can only deliver on 22 Dec only though, which was not what they said! Was not OK with that as I would be travelling! Called the CS guy and ranted.

Went back to check prices online. Whoopy doo - the price dropped. Enquired about their COURTS so-called PROMISE of a 300% price guarantee. Well guess what, its not applicable because of some random bullsh*t excuse.

So I cancelled the order and hoped that the nightmare is over.

Welp, its not.

On 22 Dec, received a call that asked me that they were going to deliver. I was roaming and was paying roaming charges. So clearly, something's seriously wrong with their internal communication, they can't even cancel an order. Anyway I just told the guy, this order is cancelled.

And its been 4 weeks. Until this date, they haven't refunded me yet. They haven't even issued any email confirmation of a cancel and refund.

Its been 4 weeks. Tried calling them yesterday, and the person said - sorry, the people in charge of invoicing will come back tomorrow, will ask them to provide a notice of refund.

Tried calling again today, and the CS lady told me that - the refund would take 3 weeks.

WTF. :s22:

Never mind, I asked her, just send me the email confirmation that my order is cancelled. Send it now. She promised she'd send today. She didn't have my email (for some reason, although they were able to email me my order in the first place) and offered to whatsapp to me? (Like seriously?????)

Insisted on her sending to my email, and told her my email address over the phone.

Now its past their office hours, and they haven't emailed me anything. Its showing up on credit card bill and I have to pay, and dispute this charge, but they haven't even given me the confirmation of cancellation.

I can only conclude that these people are either blatantly dishonest or seriously inept and they have been going back on their word again and again.

Stay away or else be prepared to suffer the worst of customer service EVER.

And if I have to call them again to listen to their advertisement asking me to shop at courts online for the Nth time, I'll properly blast them.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I have purchased from them a couple of times, but usually the transaction is smooth. Usually you can only see the cracks appearing when something goes wrong, i.e. in this case.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TLDR: Courts online SUCKS!

Really fed up with these guys.
I ordered a surface pro on 12 Dec. Got an email confirmation of my order. Thought it'd be straightforward. Waited and waited, no news, nothing.

Gave them a call on 18 Dec. Alright, they said, their delivery guys might have slipped up on the order. No worries, they can provide the surface pro within next 2 days, the customer service person said.

Then the next day, got an email confirmation. (Finally). They can only deliver on 22 Dec only though, which was not what they said! Was not OK with that as I would be travelling! Called the CS guy and ranted.

Went back to check prices online. Whoopy doo - the price dropped. Enquired about their COURTS so-called PROMISE of a 300% price guarantee. Well guess what, its not applicable because of some random bullsh*t excuse.

So I cancelled the order and hoped that the nightmare is over.

Welp, its not.

On 22 Dec, received a call that asked me that they were going to deliver. I was roaming and was paying roaming charges. So clearly, something's seriously wrong with their internal communication, they can't even cancel an order. Anyway I just told the guy, this order is cancelled.

And its been 4 weeks. Until this date, they haven't refunded me yet. They haven't even issued any email confirmation of a cancel and refund.

Its been 4 weeks. Tried calling them yesterday, and the person said - sorry, the people in charge of invoicing will come back tomorrow, will ask them to provide a notice of refund.

Tried calling again today, and the CS lady told me that - the refund would take 3 weeks.

WTF. :s22:

Never mind, I asked her, just send me the email confirmation that my order is cancelled. Send it now. She promised she'd send today. She didn't have my email (for some reason, although they were able to email me my order in the first place) and offered to whatsapp to me? (Like seriously?????)

Insisted on her sending to my email, and told her my email address over the phone.

Now its past their office hours, and they haven't emailed me anything. Its showing up on credit card bill and I have to pay, and dispute this charge, but they haven't even given me the confirmation of cancellation.

I can only conclude that these people are either blatantly dishonest or seriously inept and they have been going back on their word again and again.

Stay away or else be prepared to suffer the worst of customer service EVER.

And if I have to call them again to listen to their advertisement asking me to shop at courts online for the Nth time, I'll properly blast them.

Have similar neg experience with them before. Never buy from them again.

Bought, said have stock.. 1 day before delivery after waiting for more than a week for the delivery, say no stock. refund took more than 1 month after numerous emails exchange.

Last edited:

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best is to take immediate delivery for anything that can be carried.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
That sucks.

Courts have no experience in online sales so expect it to suck.

Have you tried charging back using your credit card?

randomph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

Courts have no experience in online sales so expect it to suck.

Have you tried charging back using your credit card?

getting them to issue a formal cancellation notice so that I can file a dispute, so mafan sia!

Wanna buy Courts, really must cash and carry, but wonder if later got problem will it be the same sucky experience?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Courts or Harvey or whatever all same one lar.

Feel bad for you TS, hope you get your refund soon :(

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Courts or Harvey or whatever all same one lar.

Feel bad for you TS, hope you get your refund soon :(

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

I feel that HM or BD is more responsible than Courts.... YMMV.

msaz

Reaction score
i can understand TS frustration sometimes we make the expensive purcahse because either we need it or we want to replace an ageing products that affects us. for such a long and unnessary wait, the money is better spent elsewhere. heng i only buy some cheap vacuum costing $60 from them .that one also takes three weeks to deliver.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Similar bad experience with Courts online. Bought a $900 item and called within the first week to do an exchange under their 30-days fuss free exchange.

No response from Courts for about two weeks. In the end, I had to send chasers before the 30-day period expire. Finally, Courts responded and wanted me to go direct to manufacturer first to set up an appointment with their technician to view the product before getting back to Courts to do the exchange.

Hardly fuss free as claimed and since my transaction was with Courts, I didn't see why I had to go back to manufacturer first.

In the end, I didn't want to spend more time on the matter and kept the product. That was also the last item I bought from Courts online.

chrisss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did self collection
Order around 11pm at night
Went to mega store to collect the following morning at 10am
Never tried their delivery b4

MrCoolStoryBro

Master Member
Reaction score
i bought a tv from them, at first told me no stock and have to reschedule to today at 11-1pm.

called them at 4pm to follow-up, they told me still no stock so no delivery will be done. Never inform customer about the status.

shall blacklist them

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go down to their store and buy.
Fuss free and can collect on the spot.
Their online store maybe they don't focus.
Why?
Physical store not only deal with direct purchase as well as flexi plan product.
If you are sales you will want to focus on area that bring in more $.
For online shoppers, use Lazada and etc.

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also had super bad experience buying bed frame online from Courts.
really rather just flush my money down toilet

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go down to their store and buy.
Fuss free and can collect on the spot.
Their online store maybe they don't focus.
Why?
Physical store not only deal with direct purchase as well as flexi plan product.
If you are sales you will want to focus on area that bring in more $.
For online shoppers, use Lazada and etc.

Sometimes the online deal can be quite attractive. Plus, I noticed they started coming up with those coupon codes for online purchase as well.

Anyway, I strongly recommend steering clear of the Flexi Plan. Flexi it is with up to a very long repayment period, but the interest you pay can probably get you another of the same item if not more. Which means you pay more than double the principal amount.

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had bad experience from courts walk in too.. Promised delivery but never deliver not even a sound from them.. had to call in and ask... :s22:

After all the dings and dongs from the CSO and salesperson.. Salesperson promised some vouchers etc.. Which never appeared :s13: Cannot be bothered to call in and kpkb anymore... probably never going back to them

jeff119

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont bother with Courts la.
Some salesmen so cocky and price not attractive also.

Qoo10 / Lazada is much better.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the online deal can be quite attractive. Plus, I noticed they started coming up with those coupon codes for online purchase as well.

Anyway, I strongly recommend steering clear of the Flexi Plan. Flexi it is with up to a very long repayment period, but the interest you pay can probably get you another of the same item if not more. Which means you pay more than double the principal amount.
Yeah stay away from their installment plan. My friend wanted to get a laptop in the past which cost 2k+ but the sales person told him that the installment good cuz pay monthly but after I calculate, its 5k+ which is 2x the price :s13:. Doesn't even make any sense. Even lazada and Qoo10 offer installment plan with 0% interest.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.