NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

summersunmoon

Reaction score
Your case is so shocked, should you send an email to ask why?
This is too much to understand.

yeah really shocking right. so many of my current teacher friends all said once get medical confirm will get one, just be patient, but then...
i think i need to process my shock first and cry, then i'll reply maybe tmr...

Dheepu

Reaction score
Same situation as yours, I also went for EPT (passed) and medical. Got the rejection email a few days back, so sad! I would have been happier if I was rejected way earlier rather than going through all the process till medical. Can't seem to figure out where I go wrong.

what are the subjects you applied for?

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MOE is bursting with spare teachers right now so I dunno why you all are shocked that you're getting rejected.

Their own backyard is already overflowing so why would they want to add more? Unless you're really exceptional.

roxysquare88

Reaction score
Hi Mike, I have created a WA group for Pri CL.
3 members so far. Would you like to join us? Already PM you my number previously :)

Hi guys,
I applied Pri Chinese, intake 5th Feb 2018. Appointment briefing was today.
Is there a WhatsApp group for Pri Chinese intake 5th Feb 2018?
Convenient for communication, thanks very much!

summersunmoon

Reaction score
Same situation as yours, I also went for EPT (passed) and medical. Got the rejection email a few days back, so sad! I would have been happier if I was rejected way earlier rather than going through all the process till medical. Can't seem to figure out where I go wrong.

same! i would really rather they take stock of the teachers beforehand and reject us after the interview if they are really "bursting with spare teachers" until "own backyard already overflowing". why put us through medical? they also pay for our medical somemore so waste money waste our time :s22:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wayang purpose. Public sector normally tend to waste this type of money & private sector will mostly not do that.

same! i would really rather they take stock of the teachers beforehand and reject us after the interview if they are really "bursting with spare teachers" until "own backyard already overflowing". why put us through medical? they also pay for our medical somemore so waste money waste our time :s22:

Nanatata

Reaction score
Any update?? I just received a call from HR asking me to go for LBS interview ( I applied for EO and LBS last year). I told the lady that i haven received any updates from EO and she was like "eh so Long??". She advised me to go for interview and in case I got both the job, I can consider which one is my preference. Now I feeling scare that is it I got rejected for EO.

Dheepu

Reaction score
Any update?? I just received a call from HR asking me to go for LBS interview ( I applied for EO and LBS last year). I told the lady that i haven received any updates from EO and she was like "eh so Long??". She advised me to go for interview and in case I got both the job, I can consider which one is my preference. Now I feeling scare that is it I got rejected for EO.

I got rejection email this morning.

Nanatata

Reaction score
I got rejection email this morning.
Im sorry to hear that. Think all of us will be receiving update soon. Now Im really praying hard. I emailed them and they are not answering my question. Even my VP did not received any update from them!!

Cesium-137

Reaction score
i got this feeling there might be a hiring freeze for STEM teachers for the next 2 years(until 2019).
due to the JC merging up to 260 teachers have to be reallocated. Plus the economy is not doing that great , many teachers who are contemplating a career change are also unable to find alternative employment outside, leading to a lower attrition rate within MOE. That is probably why we are seeing many people who got shortlisted and even went for the medical interview being rejected in the end as there is simply not enough vacancies to fill.

isabella_d7

Reaction score
Oh no~ That's not good news :(

i got this feeling there might be a hiring freeze for STEM teachers for the next 2 years(until 2019).
due to the JC merging up to 260 teachers have to be reallocated. Plus the economy is not doing that great , many teachers who are contemplating a career change are also unable to find alternative employment outside, leading to a lower attrition rate within MOE. That is probably why we are seeing many people who got shortlisted and even went for the medical interview being rejected in the end as there is simply not enough vacancies to fill.

Holypewpew123

Reaction score
i'm gonna apply again for the Feb application period. No harm trying even though i doubt ill even be called up for an interview since i just got rejected during the last application cycle.

Probably my last try...getting shortlisted for stem subjects was hard enough....there is a teaching session talk on the 3rd Feb which i have registered. I think it will be useful to have an idea of their demand.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.