City flyer A21

shane.downey

Reaction score
for those of you like myself who booked an apartment in Mongkok area, bus A21 from airport is your cheapest and easiest mode of transport. its half the price of airport express, and stop at grand plaza, which essentially provides you easy access to anywhere in Mongkok.

I have searched up and down for this info prior to my trip, and now as i have personally experienced this and return to singapore, i hope this info can help more people .

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya A21 is not bad actually. Surprisingly quite fast. I think more convenient than using airport express.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I always take the airport buses unless I am really pressed for time, or when I need airport express' city check-in

shane.downey

Reaction score
The price factor is good. It's about half of airport express train. Which draws me especially Travelling in a group of 4, and uber is consider illegal in Hong Kong as per my Hong Kong acquitance

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suggest waiting for a new bus to arrive so you are the 1st to board and get the front seat on the upper deck.

i love the view that the bus ride provides from the airport to CKM.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
one thing i dislike the a21 bus is that you have to get ready exact change

so for a first-timer who go HK , the driver do not accept big notes

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one thing i dislike the a21 bus is that you have to get ready exact change

so for a first-timer who go HK , the driver do not accept big notes

That's why getting an octopus card is highly recommended. It's the same with taking bus at changi airport.

Bear in mind unlike here, octopus cards deactivate after 1000 days from last use/top up. After that can be reactivated. Very useful if subsequent to hk is sometime after.

Alternatively get a tourist card.

Since it can be used at conconvience shop, supermarkets, trams in hk island, star ferry, buses, mtr etc it's very useful.

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Utube got a few video on a21 journey. From airport to hom kan..around 1 hr.

Took it before, depends on traffic situation. As it travels almost the entire length of Nathan road before turning to Salisbury road. Nathan road is a major road which is very busy. During peak periods can take very long.

If hotel is near Jordan road eg prudential hotel or shamrock hotel, can take a22 which travels near Olympic city before turning into Jordan road. There's less stops and thus much faster than a21.

ImFromPipiForum

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took it before, depends on traffic situation. As it travels almost the entire length of Nathan road before turning to Salisbury road. Nathan road is a major road which is very busy. During peak periods can take very long.

If hotel is near Jordan road eg prudential hotel or shamrock hotel, can take a22 which travels near Olympic city before turning into Jordan road. There's less stops and thus much faster than a21.
Like tat cater 1 hr 30 mins from nathan to airport should be enough??

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Landed at 2pm took the a22 to Shanghai Street.

The a21 bus was full, some couldn't get on.

iphone88

Reaction score
By the way, such buses are not public buses. The Axx buses that they are talking about in this thread are public buses. As replied in the other thread, they are decent.

Thanks bro. Thought it is airport direct bus initially.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
plan to take this bus to eaton hotel on the day i land around 7pm...

can i know the compartment to keep our bags? isit below the bus like our usual busses from singapore to malaysia kind of coach?

coz i've read about syndicate stealing bags so just a lil worried. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.