GPGT/AMA/LIVE Update - Hokkaido 10-16 January 2018

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Q&A, 0000HR (Sapporo Time, Singapoore 2300)

Instagram Live Stream: @kosongicetravels

Holler if you're interested.

Thread will be updated thereafter.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Think he can win yr 9min 2.4km record easily. :crazy:

Notice how he isn't wearing any head dress at all? I asked him if he was alright, and he replied that all rickshaw pullers are "very strong". The 12-minute ride ended shortly, and along with the recipient, I received a discount coupon for my next usage, with a 3-year expiry.

3ZCX50kl.jpg

SadSorrow

Banned
Reaction score
ok la.... travel alone and go everywhere to eat... quite brave

if he get lost.....he might die in the snow........and his money running out....you can see extreme sadness and worriness in his eyes............like a scarred kitten and constantly posting in edmw........to ensure he can find some form of comfort.......

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
if he get lost.....he might die in the snow........and his money running out....you can see extreme sadness and worriness in his eyes............like a scarred kitten and constantly posting in edmw........to ensure he can find some form of comfort.......

haha he scared is it

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come every photo...............there is so intense sadness in your eyes...............

I seriously think you are the sad person.
Kpkb so much.

Just alone from your nick can see sad already. People obviously enjoying a holiday in foreign land and snowing environment.

You stuck behind your screen with a low life

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Proceeded to Otaru Station after the rickshaw side.

They have Naruto here as well, but only as a takeaway kiosk. I bought half a chicken back to the hotel to jiak.

fjpPgZSl.jpg

452v01Hl.jpg

Snow continues to fall all day.

ohPn4APl.jpg

Very nice fried chicken, simply seasoned with just salt and pepper. Really flavourful and juicy, even for the breast. Pwns KFC deep deep! Also very filling.

rpBCcWHl.jpg

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Headed out again after finishing the fried chicken. Went to JR Tower Observatory for a bird's eye view of Sapporo.

It's usually ¥720 to go up, but you can get a ¥100 discount coupon from the Tourist Information Centre in Sapporo Station. However, because it's my birthday, I received a free ticket.

bRgLSR7l.jpg

The tallest building in Hokkaido, the 38th storey offers a stunning view of the city. Unfortunately, it was rather cloudy and the view wasn't the best.

da6jx6Al.jpg

h967hvDl.jpg

There's a small gift shop and cafe at the observatory. Musical performances are also held there regularly.

PQi9mOml.jpg

BBrwXu4l.jpg

The girl at the cafe was rather cute, so I asked her for a picture.

KzORUXPl.jpg

ZTP9k0Rl.jpg

Could easily spend a few hours up there just relaxing and waiting for time pass by. If I were a musician, I'd compose a song; if I were a poet, I'd articulate my feelings, however I'm Kosongice so I left.

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to visit Susukino for scallops and oysters again, and to see if there are any more chiobu. Started walking toward Gotsubo, about 35 minutes on foot from where I was.

Went past this all-you-can-eat beef restaurant which I wanted to try for dinner on my first day.

XknHeBil.jpg

Passed by Odori and decided on a whim to visit the Sapporo TV Tower. It's ¥700 to go to the top, and unfortunately they don't offer any birthday promotions.

xbflH1Xl.jpg

od5ikTgl.jpg

6Y8aCvol.jpg

Ms2dNrzl.jpg

22zmBlil.jpg

F4EM8GNl.jpg

CaBWClnl.jpg

Compared to the JR Tower Observatory, I felt that TV Tower isn't as enchanting. The viewing area is also way smaller. Personally, I think the TV Tower looks more impressive on the ground.

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left theTV Tower and made my way back to the hotel. Took a longer route and chanced upon this Italian restaurant, so I had to get a pizza. They have a wood-fired oven for their pies so you know the restaurant takes their pizza seriously.

afYbkCal.jpg

Salvatore Cuomo is opened by Italian-Japanese celebrity chef Salvatore Cuomo. Read up his profile on Wikipedia and he seems quite satki.

Got a small margherita pizza for takeaway. Pretty tasty and under ¥1000. I like their tomato sauce.

VeSbL0il.jpg

Forgot to shut the windows on my way out in the morning, and snow got on the inside. It was snowing almost the entirety of the day.

klPmehXl.jpg

Headed out one final time after the pizza because something is missing in my life - grilled oysters! Made the 30-minute walk to Gotsubo and ordered half a dozen. The friendly owner chatted with me, and upon realising it was my birthday, gave me another free oyster after he grilled 7 for me when I ordered only 6. Had 8 altogether.

H5wOb34l.jpg

TBC4Btfl.jpg

Also met Max and his dad, Californians here on vacation. Had a really great chat with them, and the former jio-ed me out for clubbing the next night. He said he wanted to get some girls. :s13: Added Max on Facebook.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.