[News] Nokia 8 officially launches in Singapore at S$769

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody encountering this weird bug?

Facebook and Twitter notifications will cause the phone to vibrate, although vibration is disabled. All other apps notifications observe the disabled vibration setting.

Edit: I think I found the answer.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-pixel-xl/828108-turning-off-vibration-oreo.html

However, there's a huge problem. Not all apps have this option called "notification channel" (https://blog.xamarin.com/android-oreo-notification-channels/), which allows you to fine tune the notification settings for each group of notifications under the app. Facebook, unfortunately, is one of those that don't support it, and therefore, vibrations can't be turned off if notifications come in.

And you can only disable vibration if the Importance level is at least High.

Last edited:

Timbre70

Reaction score
Nokia 8 Quick questions:
1. The local set variant/model number should be TA-1004 global dual SIM from Challenger and Courts stores?
2. Any other place selling this model/variant? Seems like they are out of stock from Ah Beng stores at Far East and Bugis. Mustafa's one is which model?
3. Reckon it supports 4G + 3G voice?

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokia 8 Quick questions:
1. The local set variant/model number should be TA-1004 global dual SIM from Challenger and Courts stores?
2. Any other place selling this model/variant? Seems like they are out of stock from Ah Beng stores at Far East and Bugis. Mustafa's one is which model?
3. Reckon it supports 4G + 3G voice?

2. Try Redwhitemobile, give them a call. Got mine there.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Marco.

Seems like hot cake. The website showed stock is back, next day OOS. :s8: Called and confirmed last set just sold.
I don't think they stock in a lot. The time I went to get, they had 4 units only. Limited colours too.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone facing problems with it resetting back to default randomly and a lot of functions not working (e.g. no GPS, no mobile data)

My Nokia 8 will keep randomly reset itself and after that a lot of things don't work. Need to do a factory reset each time to restore the phone.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which Android version are you on? So far I have not encounter this issue on Oreo 8.0.

Anyone facing problems with it resetting back to default randomly and a lot of functions not working (e.g. no GPS, no mobile data)

My Nokia 8 will keep randomly reset itself and after that a lot of things don't work. Need to do a factory reset each time to restore the phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.