GPGT/AMA/LIVE Update - Hokkaido 10-16 January 2018

Localborn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Proceeded to Otaru Station after the rickshaw side.

They have Naruto here as well, but only as a takeaway kiosk. I bought half a chicken back to the hotel to jiak.

fjpPgZSl.jpg

452v01Hl.jpg

Snow continues to fall all day.

ohPn4APl.jpg

Very nice fried chicken, simply seasoned with just salt and pepper. Really flavourful and juicy, even for the breast. Pwns KFC deep deep! Also very filling.

rpBCcWHl.jpg

The chix looks good sia

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
choofed.gif

ZTP9k0Rl.jpg

Could easily spend a few hours up there just relaxing and waiting for time pass by. If I were a musician, I'd compose a song; if I were a poet, I'd articulate my feelings, however I'm Kosongice so I left.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back to ¥5000 budget today, but as usual, I didn't hit my ¥25000 budget yesterday, so I have an excess of around ¥3200 for today.

Woke up with a bright and sunny view, but the temperature reads negative 9 degrees Celsius. :spin:

vxo4KDnl.jpg

Gonna take it slow today and walk around in the malls. Probably heading to the ramen alley with Max at night.

PRT6xVNl.png

It's currently 0940 and I'm still nua-ing in my room. Been rushing a bit too much past 3 days, so imma slow it down today. Last 3 full days here though. :(

Flight's at 1300 on Tuesday, so I gotta leave at about 1000.

Last edited:

Localborn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left theTV Tower and made my way back to the hotel. Took a longer route and chanced upon this Italian restaurant, so I had to get a pizza. They have a wood-fired oven for their pies so you know the restaurant takes their pizza seriously.

afYbkCal.jpg

Salvatore Cuomo is opened by Italian-Japanese celebrity chef Salvatore Cuomo. Read up his profile on Wikipedia and he seems quite satki.

Got a small margherita pizza for takeaway. Pretty tasty and under ¥1000. I like their tomato sauce.

VeSbL0il.jpg

Forgot to shut the windows on my way out in the morning, and snow got on the inside. It was snowing almost the entirety of the day.

klPmehXl.jpg

Headed out one final time after the pizza because something is missing in my life - grilled oysters! Made the 30-minute walk to Gotsubo and ordered half a dozen. The friendly owner chatted with me, and upon realising it was my birthday, gave me another free oyster after he grilled 7 for me when I ordered only 6. Had 8 altogether.

H5wOb34l.jpg

TBC4Btfl.jpg

Also met Max and his dad, Californians here on vacation. Had a really great chat with them, and the former jio-ed me out for clubbing the next night. He said he wanted to get some girls. :s13: Added Max on Facebook.

The pizza is a great eg of what we lack in sgp - good food at a decent price.

And finally you may have a chance to put the oysters you have been wolfing down to good use

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GAGT fails on me when I try to type long texts and quote multiple posts. Lazy to retype whatever I've done so only for it to potentially hang again.

Basically big thank you to everyone who wished me and expressed concern. Hope all's doing well yourselves. As for those with questions, I'll get back to them tonight. In the meantime, check out the first post for FAQs.

Will be taking a shower and going out. Hopefully by 1030. Later guys.

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can really eat alot.

one fried chicken, now buy a whole pizza again.

GAGT fails on me when I try to type long texts and quote multiple posts. Lazy to retype whatever I've done so only for it to potentially hang again.

Basically big thank you to everyone who wished me and expressed concern. Hope all's doing well yourselves. As for those with questions, I'll get back to them tonight. In the meantime, check out the first post for FAQs.

Next time bring a laptop there la? Go back hotel blog everything

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try PCWX, it won't crash when typing long texts and the uploaded image is original size
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.pcwx.pcwx

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Continued walking down the length of the canal and saw a rickshaw guy. Had a brief chat with him, and he told me about the places of interest and recommendations. Didn't sell me anything at all, but I like his friendliness and enquired about a ride. It cost ¥3000 for the cheapest option, a 12-minute ride. I took it up without hesitation.

These rickshaw dudes are super hardy and weather resistant. My rickshaw puller, Yoshida, hails from Asahikawa, where temperates could go as low as negative 30 degrees Celsius he said. Today, despite the constant snow and reading of negative 6 degrees Celsius, it was "very warm" according to him.

Yoshida's service is excellent, first securing me with two layers of blanket followed by a wind guard. His spoken English is above average and I learnt a bit about Otaru's history.

kXL6CJIl.jpg

eO8953Ml.jpg

OJIzM8bl.jpg

He also stopped at numerous points along the route and assisted me for pictures. A dishonest guy would probably just rush through the ride without stopping.

jRq2lDDl.jpg

DTdJdc8l.jpg

lXpSO2El.jpg

IeHotCPl.jpg

Notice how he isn't wearing any head dress at all? I asked him if he was alright, and he replied that all rickshaw pullers are "very strong". The 12-minute ride ended shortly, and along with the recipient, I received a discount coupon for my next usage, with a 3-year expiry.

3ZCX50kl.jpg

wow this rickshaw dude is no joke man....

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Started the day out at about 1100. Bright and sunny, but very cooling. Hope it stays this way.

This coffee isn't good by the way, not "au lait" enough. Prefers BOSS.

tMbGXXOl.jpg

QcCwaoWl.jpg

First stop, Uniqlo. Off to get a beanie for my poor ears.

W3jt3Ial.jpg

7RbS7s9l.jpg

lJAqzJEl.jpg

Then hanged around the mall see see look look a bit.

y6vrMFsl.jpg

NMDs and whatnot are super common here. Never bring enough money so eyes see song nia.

xO1qTr0l.jpg

0vu2RxXl.jpg

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went upstairs to the arcade.

w6ydytWl.jpg

Spent ¥2000 (more than $20) catching Donald Duck and Maril to give to Japanese XMM. Let's just say I'll be going home FA. :(

wQSbdkil.jpg

0V0aZH7l.jpg

They have claw machine for everything, from accessories to food to gadgets.

CUKC58dl.jpg

C3LxKGLl.jpg

8tQgpoVl.jpg

RRMfkpQl.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.