Buzzing sound from casing fan

u0206397

Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my PC, my casing fan will buzz in the initial few 2 to 3 minutes.

The fan is the cheap generic type that came with my casing, which I have been using for 7 years. I once unscrewed the fan for cleaning.

I wonder if the vibration noise from the fan is due to the ball bearings wearing out, or due to the fans not being secured enough by the not so tightened screws.

Junken

Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my PC, my casing fan will buzz in the initial few 2 to 3 minutes.

The fan is the cheap generic type that came with my casing, which I have been using for 7 years. I once unscrewed the fan for cleaning.

I wonder if the vibration noise from the fan is due to the ball bearings wearing out, or due to the fans not being secured enough by the not so tightened screws.

Did u check if it is in contact with any cables? Maybe after u take out for cleaning then one wire not hung properly so keep hitting the fan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.