Advice on accident process

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea if i am u i would do the same, but tek 6m period is too exaggerating, maybe your damage too serious

I waited for 1 month for a bumper replacement, entire repair took 4 days. Total costs was low 5 digits including legal and loss of use. Tek really max gaogao
Normally insurance case settle is about 3-4 months for AD, 6 months is a safe gauge.

I offered to claim OD and then revert my insurance status after the liabilities are done - NO SLOTS.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it won't be affected if the insurance company can get back from 3rd party. if it's too near renewal, at most when case settle, insurance company will refund the difference.

my only reason for not going AD is no courtesy car, and they take damn long.
Courtesy car option is ownself rent, ownself pay, then claim back. I rented a new altis 08 for 10 days, $1000, excess $642, took me 6 months to get back the money.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it won't be affected if the insurance company can get back from 3rd party. if it's too near renewal, at most when case settle, insurance company will refund the difference.

my only reason for not going AD is no courtesy car, and they take damn long.

Tek offered me courtesy car, mz3 to replace my damaged mz6. Decline and claimed loss of use $90 per day..money better than courtesy car

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds good but i think most AD won’t do like tat, i mean the courtesy car

Tek offered me courtesy car, mz3 to replace my damaged mz6. Decline and claimed loss of use $90 per day..money better than courtesy car

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They need to provide one of equal value for your Mz6. In this case, either an Honda Accord, or Honda Stream, Mz6, Mz5 or Toyota Camry or Wish.

Mz3 is they trying to charge Mz6 rental price but give you something less. There's a cap on the replacement car rental value.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They need to provide one of equal value for your Mz6. In this case, either an Honda Accord, or Honda Stream, Mz6, Mz5 or Toyota Camry or Wish.

Mz3 is they trying to charge Mz6 rental price but give you something less. There's a cap on the replacement car rental value.

at least they got give. i never heard of AD give courtesy car in accident claim. at most warranty claims

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at least they got give. i never heard of AD give courtesy car in accident claim. at most warranty claims
Liability confirmed liao, so they can get the 3rd party claims provider to provide. AD don't have fleet of rental cars for courtesy use, the cost is not justified.

My AD didn't provide either but the 3rd party claims provider did.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok can imagine the waiting time to confirm liability

Liability confirmed liao, so they can get the 3rd party claims provider to provide. AD don't have fleet of rental cars for courtesy use, the cost is not justified.

My AD didn't provide either but the 3rd party claims provider did.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to claim 90 per day ? Your own insurance help u apply ?

AD has a guideline on the compensation for loss of use based on engine capacity, which range from $80-100 per day. Final Payout may be higher or lower depending on policy of 3rd party insurer, some will revise up/down based on payout guidelines specific to engine CC. my AD quoted $80 initially but 3rd party gave higher.

Ok can imagine the waiting time to confirm liability

Yea you need to wait for surveyor from 3rd party insurer to assess damage which can take 1-2 weeks. Then after that need another 1 month to confirm admission of liability before they call u to send in the car. Repair will take another 1 week.

bryan76

Reaction score
AD has a guideline on the compensation for loss of use based on engine capacity, which range from $80-100 per day. Final Payout may be higher or lower depending on policy of 3rd party insurer, some will revise up/down based on payout guidelines specific to engine CC. my AD quoted $80 initially but 3rd party gave higher.

Yea you need to wait for surveyor from 3rd party insurer to assess damage which can take 1-2 weeks. Then after that need another 1 month to confirm admission of liability before they call u to send in the car. Repair will take another 1 week.

One month plus?? Just to confirm liability... I wonder who's the one to decide liability and if it's a fair process. N if there's any appeal option if decision not in own favour

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
can u bring it to outside workshop?
i was in the same situation as u. outside workshop don't want to start work without liability confirmation thou i have video evidence. the workshop suggest i repair outside first and workshop help me claim back the money from insurance with 20% commission go to ws.
end up after deducting repair cost i still take back some money

bryan76

Reaction score
i was in the same situation as u. outside workshop don't want to start work without liability confirmation thou i have video evidence. the workshop suggest i repair outside first and workshop help me claim back the money from insurance with 20% commission go to ws.

Going outside is a possibility but I want to understand the whole process as well... The decision making n appeal process if any...

Redstar8698

Master Member
Reaction score
One month plus?? Just to confirm liability... I wonder who's the one to decide liability and if it's a fair process. N if there's any appeal option if decision not in own favour

The other party's officer will decide. It will take quite some time for some insurance co to confirm liability even with vid evidence.

U hv a pm btw.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Its a pretty clear cut case, if you kena banged behind and there is video evidence, there is no hard dispute and officer from 3rd party insurer will admit liability no qns asked. For me kena banged in back and have reverse camera as evidence, plus IO investigation report stating the party at fault. so no chance..

i recv offers from external wkshop but rejected them due to the 10-20% comm. I rather bring it to AD and claimed 3rd party, no need comm.

bryan76

Reaction score
my car has been under repair for 1 week liao. they told me my intercooler, chasis and reinforcement also got damaged. Need to pull/straighten/repair them too... my car only just below 1 year loh... wonder can the AD repair them to be as good as new. Any idea if it's possible or it will be structurally weaker liao...

and think the cost is going to be a bomb... lucky claiming ful amount from third party...

verynormalguy

Reaction score
how long for chain collision to be resolved and take cheque huh? 4 car collision. i am 2nd car. within one month, 3rd and 4th car kana from TP some 'reckless driving' summon, me and first car never kana. has been 15 months. is this normal? last time the law firm say chain collision very messy will take very long. but never expect to be so long....

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long for chain collision to be resolved and take cheque huh? 4 car collision. i am 2nd car. within one month, 3rd and 4th car kana from TP some 'reckless driving' summon, me and first car never kana. has been 15 months. is this normal? last time the law firm say chain collision very messy will take very long. but never expect to be so long....

if you are claiming medical, then it will take longer, mine was 1.5y and still pending as everyone is pushing blame to last car. For other claims like repair, loss of use etc, usually 12 months should settle with car behind.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my car has been under repair for 1 week liao. they told me my intercooler, chasis and reinforcement also got damaged. Need to pull/straighten/repair them too... my car only just below 1 year loh... wonder can the AD repair them to be as good as new. Any idea if it's possible or it will be structurally weaker liao...

and think the cost is going to be a bomb... lucky claiming ful amount from third party...

Depends on extent of damage, i will worry more about the resale value, most buyers in 2nd hand market wouldnt want a car involved in accident before, so your depre is gg to be affected as one can easily check servicing records with AD. If i am in your shoes i will try to get a written record if reinforcement or structure is non optimal after repair, and claimed it back in one way or another through nego with valuer or filing a civil suit if its worth my attention.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.