NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousgirl

Reaction score
A lot of the usual “why this course/why NTU/why go to uni and not work”? But I think the question I didn’t really expect was how I was gonna cope with the theorical side of uni with my poly, “technical” background

Ohh, I understand you now, thanks for explaining, congratulations for your matriculation! Anyway, what did they ask you during your interview? :)

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone received offer letter from SMU under EASE?

SMU EASE exercise closed on 10th Jan 2018 (2 days ago); so it is expected that their offer letters will take time to be issued. Thank you

Amituofo

Last edited:

Dashahead

Reaction score
Hmmm, with my current GPA, will I be considered for DA, even for the social sciences courses with lower GPA requirements? I do have many things going on for my CCA in the past few years, I'm not sure if they help though :/

And... is SIT, SUSS worth considering? :)

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
Hmmm, with my current GPA, will I be considered for DA, even for the social sciences courses with lower GPA requirements? I do have many things going on for my CCA in the past few years, I'm not sure if they help though :/

And... is SIT, SUSS worth considering? :)

Apply for ntu arts DA. You have to see whether any courses from sit or suss interest you. I personally think sit is a cool new uni

ilobentu

Reaction score
YaY!! Just heard from NTU (email) with a firm offer for a course of my choice. Dear ilobentu, you are not alone.

Amituofo

Congrats Mate!

But i dont think I will accept that offer because I more keen on studying in the UK ;)

Beepopo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a student from NP studying Information Technology. My cGPA (5 sem) is around mid 3.7X but I do not have O levels as I entered poly with my ITE's GPA (4.0), therefore didn't match their mathematics requirements . I am planning to apply to NUS computer science.

May I know what are my chances that they will accept me? whether is it through normal or their DA application. I have strong CCA records and achievements. :s11::s11:

Last edited:

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a student from NP studying Information Technology. My cGPA (5 sem) is around mid 3.7X but I do not have O levels as I entered poly with my ITE's GPA (4.0), therefore didn't match their mathematics requirements . I am planning to apply to NUS computer science.

May I know what are my chances that they will accept me? whether is it through normal or their DA application. I have strong CCA records and achievements. :s11::s11:

Apply thru DA. You are at a disadvantage due to no O lvls even if u meet the cop

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats Mate!

But i dont think I will accept that offer because I more keen on studying in the UK ;)

Hey!!! Nice to note that you have great choices. Good luck man.

For me, it's survival with local scholarships, local universities and even local NTUC Rice Garden meals most days.... and I feel blessed.

Now my AngMoh friend even say that for today we have beautiful Autumn cool weather here at our Island in the Sun.

May you be well and happy, ilobentu.

Amituofo

The Nature Boy

Reaction score
Rate my chance

Hi guys, i graduate from a business course with cgpa 3.98. I will be applying for NTU DDP(Accountancy and Business). Please help me rate my chances of entering. My L1B4 is 8 with ENG B4 and AMATH B3. Thanks

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i graduate from a business course with cgpa 3.98. I will be applying for NTU DDP(Accountancy and Business). Please help me rate my chances of entering. My L1B4 is 8 with ENG B4 and AMATH B3. Thanks

I want to ask you a question as a junior. I got similar GPA as you, have you ever thought that you think that your GPA will drop but it didn’t in the end?

Last edited:

The Nature Boy

Reaction score
I want to ask you a question as a senior. I got similar GPA as you, have you ever thought that you think that your GPA will drop but it didn’t in the end?

Hi Pesantkie, I actually retook my O's. I never take Amath in my sec school and my Eng was only a just pass back then.

Regarding your question, yup cause I screwed up my projects and was very worried.

ChangChingChong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends on your CCA portfolio as well... It is extremely hard for poly grads to gain admission to the DDP... Your GPA alone would not be enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.