Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice, juntion 8 singtel told me that they can waiver off $47 for the resgister fee. Tho no zte at $1
I went to ask starhub and they told me that i have to convert my singtel prepaid to postpaid before i can sign up for starhub sim only to keep my number.
Does singtel charges to convert prepaid to postpaid?
Although singtel plan looks good, unlimited weekend data seems go draw me closer to starhub.
Singtel, when are u going to include unlimited weekend data also? XD
Hi limjialok,

We do not charge any conversion fee for customers who are changing their number from prepaid to postpaid.

However, there would still be registration and SIM card activation fees. Any balance on the prepaid card will not be carried over to the postpaid number.

Hope this clarifies.

leeerwin

Reaction score
Hi limjialok,

We do not charge any conversion fee for customers who are changing their number from prepaid to postpaid.

However, there would still be registration and SIM card activation fees. Any balance on the prepaid card will not be carried over to the postpaid number.

Hope this clarifies.

If I were to change from Singtel Combo 3 to Sim-only, Will I be charged for SIM card activation fee ?

leeerwin

Reaction score
Additional data as in plus 3? Wtf?

Yes, can only apply after one year of sim-only usage with starhub. The girl in J8 say that a few times to me, to stress that she is very sure of this. Of course, this means I may go to Singtel as its a better deal and Im currently on Singtel combo 3 expiring soon.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
If I were to change from Singtel Combo 3 to Sim-only, Will I be charged for SIM card activation fee ?
Hi leeerwin,

As it is just a change of plan from Combo 3 to SIM Only, there will be no SIM card activation fee.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice, juntion 8 singtel told me that they can waiver off $47 for the resgister fee. Tho no zte at $1
I went to ask starhub and they told me that i have to convert my singtel prepaid to postpaid before i can sign up for starhub sim only to keep my number.
Does singtel charges to convert prepaid to postpaid?
Although singtel plan looks good, unlimited weekend data seems go draw me closer to starhub.
Singtel, when are u going to include unlimited weekend data also? XD

Port to StarHub Prepaid then upgrade to StarHub Postpaid.

Port to SingTel Postpaid then StarHub Prepaid Iis going to cost much more.

limjialok

Reaction score
Guys! I read online regradding National service full time(NSF) is considered CIS and can enjoy fred caller id. Can anyome or singtel comfirm it?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys! I read online regradding National service full time(NSF) is considered CIS and can enjoy fred caller id. Can anyome or singtel comfirm it?

For the NSF: Have to sign up in the SingTel/M1/StarHub Shops. Exclusive Distributors MAY not accept.

SingTel:
25% off Combo plans, with free 24 months Caller ID & Roaming.

M1:
1) 30% off Voice+ plans, with free 24 months Caller ID and Roaming Subscription.
(Note: Sometimes up to 50% discount. Especially during major roadshow periods.)

2) mySIM E plans only have Caller ID and Roaming, no monthly discount.

FOR 2-YEAR HANDSET CONTRACT PLANS (Voice+/mySIM):
Port in discount of $150 for mySIM E 40 & Lite+.
Port in discount of $200 for mySIM E 70, Reg and above plans.
Promotion may change anytime. Check with M1 for confirmation.

3) mySIM 3 plans do not have any freebies.

4) EXCLUSIVE TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES (GOVERNMENT INDIVIDUAL PLAN)

mySIM+ 45/75/125 get 45% off base subscription during the 12 months contract.
Caller ID is payable.

mySIM+ 45: $24.75/mth excluding Caller ID
mySIM+ 75: $41.25/mth excluding Caller ID
mySIM+ 125: $68.75/mth excluding Caller ID

Recap:
mySIM+ 45/75/125 bundled voice/text/data: https://www.m1.com.sg/AboutM1/NewsR...mers get data upsized with new offerings.aspx

mySIM+ 45/75/126 Upsized Data options:
https://www.m1.com.sg/AboutM1/NewsR... more choices to get bigger data options.aspx

If want mySIM (12 months contract), mySIM+ 45% discount is more value than mySIM 3 normal:
mySIM+ 45 & Upsized Data Plus: $41.90/mth including Caller ID during 12 months contract
- 400 mins outgoing calls, 1200 outgoing SMS/MMS & 16GB data
mySIM 3 40: $45.35/mth including Caller ID during 12 months contract
- 100 mins outgoing calls, 100 outgoing SMS/MMS & 15GB data

StarHub:
Their discount is super confusing, ranging from:

1) 20% to 30% for smartphone plans.
Free Caller ID and Roaming for 24 months as well.

2) 15-25% for MaxMobile plans.

Last edited:

limjialok

Reaction score
For the NSF: Have to sign up in the SingTel/M1/StarHub Shops. Exclusive Distributors MAY not accept.

SingTel:
25% off Combo plans, with free 24 months Caller ID & Roaming.

M1:
1) 30% off Voice+ plans, with free 24 months Caller ID and Roaming Subscription.
(Note: Sometimes up to 50% discount. Especially during major roadshow periods.)

2) mySIM E plans only have Caller ID and Roaming, no monthly discount.

FOR 2-YEAR HANDSET CONTRACT PLANS (Voice+/mySIM):
Port in discount of $150 for mySIM E 40 & Lite+.
Port in discount of $200 for mySIM E 70, Reg and above plans.
Promotion may change anytime. Check with M1 for confirmation.

3) mySIM 3 plans do not have any freebies.

4) EXCLUSIVE TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES (GOVERNMENT INDIVIDUAL PLAN)

mySIM+ 45/75/125 get 45% off base subscription during the 12 months contract.
Caller ID is payable.

mySIM+ 45: $24.75/mth excluding Caller ID
mySIM+ 75: $41.25/mth excluding Caller ID
mySIM+ 125: $68.75/mth excluding Caller ID

Recap:
mySIM+ 45/75/125 bundled voice/text/data: https://www.m1.com.sg/AboutM1/NewsR...mers get data upsized with new offerings.aspx

mySIM+ 45/75/126 Upsized Data options:
https://www.m1.com.sg/AboutM1/NewsR... more choices to get bigger data options.aspx

If want mySIM (12 months contract):
mySIM+ 45 & Upsized Data Plus: $41.90/mth including Caller ID during 12 months contract
- 400 mins outgoing calls, 1200 outgoing SMS/MMS & 16GB data
mySIM E 40: $45.35/mth including Caller ID during 12 months contract
- 100 mins outgoing calls, 100 outgoing SMS/MMS & 15GB data

StarHub:
Their discount is super confusing, ranging from:

1) 20% to 30% for smartphone plans.
Free Caller ID and Roaming for 24 months as well.

2) 15-25% for MaxMobile plans.

hi, thanks for the detailed reply! howvert I am only interested in 12m sim only plan.

singtel: no sim only benefit for cis?
starhub: does sim only considered smartphone plan for the 20-30% off
m1: what is mysim+? I can only find mysim 3 and e

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, thanks for the detailed reply! howvert I am only interested in 12m sim only plan.

singtel: no sim only benefit for cis?
starhub: does sim only considered smartphone plan for the 20-30% off
m1: what is mysim+? I can only find mysim 3 and e

SingTel no sim only benefit nor Caller ID.

MySIM+ was the older mySIM Plans. That's the reason why you can't find it directly on M1 website alr. Only government agencies have exclusive access to mySIM+ plans and at steep 45% discount for base plan. Only mySIM+ 45 and above are eligible. The links that I've posted are linking to mySIM+ plans. (Recap section)

mySIM plans: 1st generation SIM-Only
mySIM+ plans: 2nd generation SIM-Only
mySIM 3/E plans: 3rd generation SIM-Only / Handset

StarHub SIM-Only is 50% discount and free Caller ID for 24 months for SIM-Only. It's the same as what was stated on Starhub website.
www.starhub.com/simonly

Last edited:

limjialok

Reaction score
SingTel no sim only benefit nor Caller ID.

MySIM+ was the older mySIM Plans. That's the reason why you can't find it directly on M1 website alr. Only government agencies have exclusive access to mySIM+ plans and at steep 45% discount for base plan. Only mySIM+ 45 and above are eligible. The links that I've posted are linking to mySIM+ plans. (Recap section)

mySIM plans: 1st generation SIM-Only
mySIM+ plans: 2nd generation SIM-Only
mySIM 3/E plans: 3rd generation SIM-Only / Handset

StarHub SIM-Only is 50% discount and free Caller ID for 24 months for SIM-Only. It's the same as what was stated on Starhub website.
www.starhub.com/simonly

I see.
m1)is National service full time considered government agrneices for the 45% base discount?
starhub) where does it says 50% discount? able to link me to it? I only see' Corporate Individual Scheme (CIS)
FREE 24-month*Caller Number Display subscription.
For existing StarHub SIM Only subscribers, please email a copy of your staff pass or HR letter to customerservice@starhub.com to convert to StarHub CIS SIM Only plan.'

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see.
m1)is National service full time considered government agrneices for the 45% base discount?
starhub) where does it says 50% discount? able to link me to it? I only see' Corporate Individual Scheme (CIS)
FREE 24-month*Caller Number Display subscription.
For existing StarHub SIM Only subscribers, please email a copy of your staff pass or HR letter to customerservice@starhub.com to convert to StarHub CIS SIM Only plan.'

For M1:
MINDEF is one of the government agencies. You show your SAF 11B at M1 Shop/CSC, tell them you want to sign up for mySIM+ 45/75/125 & it's the government individual (NOT Corporate Individual).

If you're part of HomeTeam, better check with M1 for eligibility. But probably SPF/SCDF is eligible too.

For StarHub:
SIM-Only plans itself is alr 50% discount from the regular 2 year handset contract plans. 12-month SIM-Only is 50% discount + Double data.

For StarHub SIM-Only plans and apply for CIS, first 24 months will have free Caller ID, but after the 24 months you must change to individual SIM-Only or request for extension (upon showing your pass). If not, you'll pay the full price, both the original handset contract rate + Caller ID.

limjialok

Reaction score
For M1:
MINDEF is one of the government agencies. You show your SAF 11B at M1 Shop/CSC, tell them you want to sign up for mySIM+ 45/75/125 & it's the government individual (NOT Corporate Individual).

If you're part of HomeTeam, better check with M1 for eligibility. But probably SPF/SCDF is eligible too.

For StarHub:
SIM-Only plans itself is alr 50% discount from the regular 2 year handset contract plans. 12-month SIM-Only is 50% discount + Double data.

For StarHub SIM-Only plans and apply for CIS, first 24 months will have free Caller ID, but after the 24 months you must change to individual SIM-Only or request for extension (upon showing your pass). If not, you'll pay the full price, both the original handset contract rate + Caller ID.

I see. can I comfirm something?
for NSF, mySIM+ 45 is $24.75/month after 45% discount, add +S$17.70/month for Upsized Data Super is $42.45/month 20gb data?

limjialok

Reaction score
Yes, but $42.45 excludes the $5.35 Caller ID.

thanks!

btw, if I sign up for a singtel/hub/m1 sim only 12m contact and on the 3rd month, I found a better sim only plan and decided to change plan. how much termination charge I have to pay? is there a way to calculate?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!

btw, if I sign up for a singtel/hub/m1 sim only 12m contact and on the 3rd month, I found a better sim only plan and decided to change plan. how much termination charge I have to pay? is there a way to calculate?

Depends on the Carrier. M1 mySIM 3 is 50% of the subscription, M1 mySIM+ is 20% of the subscription (based on full rate, not CIS rate) if it's unchanged.

SingTel SIM-Only not sure.

StarHub SIM-Only:
http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/postpaid/mobile-plans/early-termination-charges.html

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on the Carrier. M1 mySIM 3 is 50% of the subscription, M1 mySIM+ is 20% of the subscription (based on full rate, not CIS rate) if it's unchanged.

SingTel SIM-Only not sure.

StarHub SIM-Only:
http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/postpaid/mobile-plans/early-termination-charges.html
Do M1 mySIM charge additional $50 as administration fees.

My 1 month was terminated before full 1 month.
And they add $50 on top of the 1 month subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.