Random screen freeze

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my budget would be below $600 for MOBO, CPU, Ram and PSU. Fine with either AMD or Intel, but my PC will be used mainly to game, browse and watch videos
16gb (2x8gb) ddr4 ram is 260-300+ dollars now.
PSU is about 109++ for good ones (650W Superflower Leadex Silver)

That's more than half the budget gone and we haven't choose CPU+MOBO.

Sadly to say, I rather you buy a 2nd hand B75 mobo from carousell and use until you saved enough for good rig.

Alternatively, you can down the ram to 2x4gb or 1x8gb(around $150-180) and 80+ Bronze psu ($89 for EVGA BV-500).
But still your choice of good value cpu+mobo is very little still. You might wanna up the budget. Just suggesting.

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

googleitslol

Reaction score
16gb (2x8gb) ddr4 ram is 260-300+ dollars now.
PSU is about 109++ for good ones (650W Superflower Leadex Silver)

That's more than half the budget gone and we haven't choose CPU+MOBO.

Sadly to say, I rather you buy a 2nd hand B75 mobo from carousell and use until you saved enough for good rig.

Alternatively, you can down the ram to 2x4gb or 1x8gb(around $150-180) and 80+ Bronze psu ($89 for EVGA BV-500).
But still your choice of good value cpu+mobo is very little still. You might wanna up the budget. Just suggesting.

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

Hi, I'm not in a big rush to upgrade as I'm busy with work right now. Think I can afford to wait till the next Intel CPU comes out.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My PC is finally dead. Now the monitor would not even light up despite the cpu turning on and running.

I believe that I can most of my old stuff, such as my GPU a GTX 1060, SSD & HDD, monitors and speakers.

I think what I need is a new CPU, Mobo and RAM?
wonder this problematic asrock b75 is wat component tat is failing so many boards?

googleitslol can u try:
1. take out ram sticks, use soft eraser to rub clean rams' golden contact regions

if so *lucky* able to boot to bios, try setting
2. in DRAM Config, set "MRC Fast Boot" to disabled
3. in Voltage Config, set "Dram Voltage" abit higher, eg if 1.500> 1.525
4. in Storage Config, set "SATA Aggressive Link Power Management" to disabled

googleitslol

Reaction score
wonder this problematic asrock b75 is wat component tat is failing so many boards?

googleitslol can u try:
1. take out ram sticks, use soft eraser to rub clean rams' golden contact regions

if so *lucky* able to boot to bios, try setting
2. in DRAM Config, set "MRC Fast Boot" to disabled
3. in Voltage Config, set "Dram Voltage" abit higher, eg if 1.500> 1.525
4. in Storage Config, set "SATA Aggressive Link Power Management" to disabled

Hi, I will try that out if my PC plays nice and actually starts up haha.

googleitslol

Reaction score
Do y'all think the Sharkoon T28 MIDI ATX pc case is still usable or should it be changed out for a new one as well?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.