The Watch Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

franco8822

Reaction score
Why don't you ask these "rich" people they prefer to pay 16k or 27k for a daytona?

I didn't realise being carrot is a win win.

The rich people that I know don't pay premium for anything one. They are more kiam kana than a poor folk like me :)

This is how rich people become even richer for being frugal.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why don't you ask these "rich" people they prefer to pay 16k or 27k for a daytona?

I didn't realise being carrot is a win win.

The rich people that I know don't pay premium for anything one. They are more kiam kana than a poor folk like me :)

Cannot find at AD got it at grey at carrot price to them a win! Many rich esp 1st gen cheapo but their kids blow $$ like crazy. If money hard earn sure deal but easy money spending big not a deal. Ppl buying may not be local anyway

What’s the pt of telling one you could get it cheap but not available
To some rich they like to blow cash, I have come across 2nd gen rich ppl who will never step into a store to shop when they on sale, only buy at regular price. Talk about strange or crazy mind.

Last edited:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rich or poor everyone will want to save money in general. Ever notice how many luxury car drivers try to avoid putting coupon, park illegally to get free parking, know where all the cheap parking...Some even argue because they stinge and cut corners thats why have extra to splurge elsewhere.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot find at AD got it at grey at carrot price to them a win! Many rich esp 1st gen cheapo but their kids blow $$ like crazy. If money hard earn sure deal but easy money spending big not a deal. Ppl buying may not be local anyway

What’s the pt of telling one you could get it cheap but not available
To some rich they like to blow cash, I have come across 2nd gen rich ppl who will never step into a store to shop when they on sale, only buy at regular price. Talk about strange or crazy mind.

because why?

FACE.

bigstick keep talking about getting it at retail.
no connection or what, how to get at retail?
don't talk about alternative. if your heart wants a rolex, even you buy a patek, you still want a rolex because you have never worn it.
the only way to know that rolex is not your thing?buy and try. if it doesn't lucky you, if it does, good luck.

the rolex trend is going to stay for a little longer or might stay for good as long as demand ramps up.

so either u make damn good friends that have great connection with ADs, if not, suck it up and pay the premium if you really like it.
or just go preowned. less painful

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Flying back home soon

q8YLFhB.jpg

reikizi

Reaction score
retail buyer suffer? if they are rich will they care? they agreed to the price and in most case happy of their purchase. if they unhappy the deal wouldn't be struck anyway.

it a win win from AD and grey and buyer.

its more of lan lan then win win. those richies I know don't pay premium for rolex, (except for vintage) ..

imho it's more of the working class that pay for it, to celebrate a milestone or so .. after working and saving hard... there is no way you will want to wait or find others ...so die die must buy .. mati mati must own ....

It's a sad thing as grey is meant for a cheaper alternative in the first place.

Last edited:

reikizi

Reaction score
Likely 1% first year...2% following year. Doesnt come to much. $10000 watch only $100.

still heartache :o .... especially I think nowadays all overseas will kena GST (over $400) :( ...

and maybe new ruling for those below $400

KingJio

Master Member
Reaction score
because why?

FACE.

bigstick keep talking about getting it at retail.
no connection or what, how to get at retail?
don't talk about alternative. if your heart wants a rolex, even you buy a patek, you still want a rolex because you have never worn it.
the only way to know that rolex is not your thing?buy and try. if it doesn't lucky you, if it does, good luck.

the rolex trend is going to stay for a little longer or might stay for good as long as demand ramps up.

so either u make damn good friends that have great connection with ADs, if not, suck it up and pay the premium if you really like it.
or just go preowned. less painful

Actually no need to buy if u wanna try. If i’m not wrong u can rent and try. Much cheaper too. Then again if u really want it cos of the brand, then have to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.