GPGT/AMA/LIVE Update - Hokkaido 10-16 January 2018

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the Ramen Republic, showcasing some of Hokkaido's most famous and best. Probably having ramen with Max tonight so I didn't jiak.

Tg9eqGBl.jpg

BIC CAMERA. Not an IT nor gadget geek so I didn't see much. But they carry quite a few cool items like drones and stuff. AND THEY SELL FLIP PHONES, which are still a thing in Japan. BIC CAMERA also accepts payment in Bitcoin.

cV3tm4Zl.jpg

Then it's off to the basement food area for lunch. Decided to buy several small items and jiak elsewhere.

NHBCvQul.jpg

RgIK9Fdl.jpg

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First item I got was takoyaki! Okay la maybe some purists will say Gindaco too commercialized la, not authentic la, BUT IT'S STILL NICE!

UBaa78al.jpg

See that device on the table? The aunties actually use to check the temperature of the takoyaki before serving them. If it's been outside for too long, it's deemed unsuitable to be served. In Singapore where got like that one.

bpKaWjzl.jpg

My favorite juice bar! Third time having their drinks liao.

ykCCHO3l.jpg

Ok9OH4Zl.jpg

They sibei thoughtful, when you takeaway, the sauces are separately packed in sachets so the takoyaki still remains crispy!

QgXnXvFl.jpg

Ik2Bs5nl.jpg

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pictures above were taken in ESTA. I then walked over to DAIMARU to get more snacks.

Some meat dumplings. Didn't buy.

1oDpaQrl.jpg

Returned for the mochi I saw the other day. I "osusume" the lady, and she recommended the black bean one. I really wanted to try the strawberry, so ended up buying both.

gETg42Vl.jpg

Also bought a box of avocado salad (not pictured) in an attempt to eat (slightly more) healthy. I decided to walk over to Odori Park to jiak. Took the underground walking path and they had some exhibitions for children about careers. Got chefs, construction workers and other stuff. Saw this jenga area as well.

hAgaV5Dl.jpg

Reached Odori Park then realised it's sealed off and also heavily blanketed by snow. Spotted lots of military personnel there clearing snow and building some sort of scaffolding. Probably preparing for the winter festival in February.

P7AtxXql.jpg

The soldiers warming up.

k35D2kGl.jpg

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sibei sian cannot find a place to jiak my mochi and avocado salad, so I went to have soup curry instead. Soup curry is a dish that originated from Sapporo and one of the things I want to try. Walked over to a really famous one called Suage.

W73f7u1l.jpg

PNRxXR1l.jpg

H60L572l.jpg

0jHd8oAl.jpg

I chose small rice and level 3. "Osusume" the waitress, and she suggested the "SHIRETOKO" chicken.

The portion for small rice is really very little, but I was glad to have chosen it because the curry contains several starchy vegetables like potatoes and pumpkin. There's also carrot and okra, along with the grilled chicken. Everything was on skewers.

7mHUtaDl.jpg

9iffQHal.jpg

Tastes pretty similar to Maggi Curry, but you can tell this is 真材实料 use herbs and spices make one, not some flavour enhancers. Quite nice but I couldn't finish the rice because really too full from the takoyaki.

Still at the shop, about to leave. Semi food coma liao.

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Walked across the street to Norbesa mall. Wanted to take the ferris wheel but chickened out. Those fast fast thrill rides like roller coasters I okay, but slow and high ones I cannot.

Some more bo lang despite it being a Saturday.

CpJNPill.jpg

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm now Hokkaido looks interesting to me.

Icekosong jin satki.

But I would prefer to go on other seasons. Less the trouble of wearing winter wear and bearing the cold.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I meet the nicest people here. Just walked with an Irish teacher who's been here for 7 years to Odori Station.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everywhere I go, I discover new shops selling new things (mainly food) that I wanna buy. This is from a shop selling cookies walking back from lunch.

tvffPebl.jpg

Had my avocado salad back in the room.

7oS3mGAl.jpg

Max went to the zoo, and we are meeting 2130 for ramen. I decided to head out earlier at 1730 to explore, only to regret later.

Bought a piece of fried chicken from Lawson's. Excellent stuff.

qMCTNc0l.jpg

Then saw a shop with attractive looking bread. Got 2 for breakfast the next day.

VHPmCKyl.jpg

5fO7GNvl.jpg

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was supposed to visit this with Max later on, but I geh kiang went to recee first.

jzZQDrdl.jpg

RWDt3R1l.jpg

Then headed back to Sapporo Station to kill time while waiting for him. My definition of kill time refers to eating when I'm already full and ignoring body's desperate pleas to stop stuffing food down.

shjWM8kl.jpg

So due to the above mentioned factor, the madcap weather, the crazy amount of distance I've been walking and the late nights (haven't been sleeping before 0200 since I came), my body decided to retaliate and give me a headache.

Got so bad I had to cancel the ramen meet-up and reschedule to tomorrow. Felt really bad for putting him aeroplane, but if I were to stuff down another bowl of noodles, I really might have to utilize my travel insurance liao.

:(

Gonna try to sleep earlier today.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just woke up 10 minutes ago. Best sleep here since I arrived.

Second last full day. :( Gotta make the most of it and try to cover more places.

Shio-pan and dksmlj-pan for breakfast.

TDtwTiQl.jpg

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the way to 开演唱会. No snow, blizzard, hailstorm or missile from Bui Bui Kim will mess with my last 2 full days here!

0y3Ooail.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.