[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh CatLuVer....I have no words. Please let me know if you want to talk, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you now.
No more suffering for you little one, play and be free at the bridge. Ah Fat will meet you there.
Ya stressful. this week alone 2 cats passed away. :(

Reaction score
cute-cats-japan.jpg

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2018/01...ts-for-cute-cats-to-wear-this-valentines-day/

even neko know where to go in cold weather

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been feeding a stray male black kitty for a few days but he has been missing from the spot i feed him for 4 days. I searched the area nearby but still cant find him. Wondering if strays will hide during rain.

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT

Last edited:

b|uebe||

Reaction score
Dunno what to do. Need your advices.

This is Patch. I have been feeding her since Jan 2002 when she was abandoned as a tiny kitten. She is 16 yrs old. Past 2 yrs due to some nerve imbalance she was on long term fostering sponsored by my neighbour.

Since last thurs she don want to eat or drink. Fri she was admitted. Sat i visited her and she was very alert. Her liver readings were high and seem to have heart issues. She was on tube feeding and was looking better. But Yesterday she was struggling to breath and had to be put in oxygen chamber. As of 9pm she is in a serious condition. Her heart issue is worse, her organs start to crash. So 2 options:

1) Leave her be - vet said she may not last another 2 days.
2) Put her to sleep n end her misery.

Too stressed now.

end her misery :( :sad: suffering now man,.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been feeding a stray male black kitty for a few days but he has been missing from the spot i feed him for 4 days. I searched the area nearby but still cant find him. Wondering if strays will hide during rain.

It depends on the cat. I know one cat that will show up even during thunderstorms and others that would not come unless it was fair weather.

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
^^my com kitties will not be out for feeding when it is raining heavily... they are probably hiding as I believe most kitties are kinda afraid of thunderstorm de...

Last edited:

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RIP patch :(
^^my com kitties will not be out for feeding when it is raining heavily... they are probably hiding as I believe most kitties are kinda afraid of thunderstorm de...
I also think so. Tonight i go see if he is around.
It depends on the cat. I know one cat that will show up even during thunderstorms and others that would not come unless it was fair weather.
Hope tonight he will be around.

What do u guys feed community cats? I feed a mix of dry and wet

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Depend on how well they know you. Some will hide. Some will be at the location during your feeding times

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Some young cats even play in the rain.. :s13:

My feeding areas are mostly below the blocks. So most of the com cats are waiting at their locations. Only 2 of them don have any shelter and will run in the rain to meet me . I have to shelter them in the umbrella to bring them to the nearby building. But the senior cats are too cold that I have to put newspaper or old clothes for them to sleep.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
RIP patch :(

I also think so. Tonight i go see if he is around.

Hope tonight he will be around.

What do u guys feed community cats? I feed a mix of dry and wet

Me too, feed dry and wet food. For senior cats(above 9 yrs old) I buy those small cans

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
My feeding areas are mostly below the blocks. So most of the com cats are waiting at their locations. Only 2 of them don have any shelter and will run in the rain to meet me . I have to shelter them in the umbrella to bring them to the nearby building. But the senior cats are too cold that I have to put newspaper or old clothes for them to sleep.

I feed my kitties below my block too, but if very heavy rain the kitties will all hide n will not come to eat until the rain gets smaller den they will slowly come out de..:s22: so I still bring along a clothe to dry them if they are wet.
Ya, stray kitties are alws at the mercy of the harsh weathers...too bad our cleaners are not able to leave boxes alone... otherwise can build little shelters for them...:(

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feed my kitties below my block too, but if very heavy rain the kitties will all hide n will not come to eat until the rain gets smaller den they will slowly come out de..:s22: so I still bring along a clothe to dry them if they are wet.
Ya, stray kitties are alws at the mercy of the harsh weathers...too bad our cleaners are not able to leave boxes alone... otherwise can build little shelters for them...:(
im.a new feeder probably the kitty still have not develop a routinue. I bought a cat wand and the kitty likes it.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think it would be a terrible idea for people to build shelters. I have seen feeders building a shelter or sleeping spots across three to four old bicycles for ONE cat! :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.