HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about after 3 months, how to participate in next cycle? Need to register again? So the reference month will be april?

say u join Jan - Mar cycle.
when a new promo registration cycle is launch by hsbc in the future, it will specify the reference month.

current registration is for 2Jan - 28Feb. The next anticipated registration period will start from 1Mar and its reference month will be Feb.

Depending on whether the registration period for Mar is for 1Mar-31Mar or from 1Mar-30Apr, the next registration period will be 1Apr (with ref month Mar) or 1May (ref month Apr) respectively.

For existing customer, registration is simply via submitting an online form, no need to go to branch.

wynnest

Reaction score
say u join Jan - Mar cycle.
when a new promo registration cycle is launch by hsbc in the future, it will specify the reference month.

current registration is for 2Jan - 28Feb. The next anticipated registration period will start from 1Mar and its reference month will be Feb.

Depending on whether the registration period for Mar is for 1Mar-31Mar or from 1Mar-30Apr, the next registration period will be 1Apr (with ref month Mar) or 1May (ref month Apr) respectively.

For existing customer, registration is simply via submitting an online form, no need to go to branch.

Okay thank you for the explaination

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premier tbc: For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum Fresh Funds criteria above must be accompanied by an increase in
the eligible referee’s Total Relationship Balance during the Programme Period (as compared against Total
Relationship Balance as at 31 December 2017) to an amount of at least S$200,000. For the purpose of this
Programme, “Total Relationship Balance” or “TRB” is made up of the average daily balances for the
calendar month, taking into account deposits, investments and insurance held in the same name with the
Bank.

If existing advance hsbc account holder transfer out the existing $200K (balance as of Dec 2017) from advance account to SCB and back to hsbc new premier account still consider total relationship meeting the criteria? Cos the tnc writes "must be accompanied by an increase"

zened88

Reaction score
weird - havent received dec bonus interest in my advance account.. my cycle was oct to dec

leesn74

Reaction score
Hi, why r u calculating interest for per year? the bonus interest is only for 3 months..

Can i know where did u read this? any link?

i just called the CSO, and she said the remittence should only be done online to qualify and it cost $35 from HSBC, and still have to factor in the fee that the receiving bank will impose....

Received mixed info on remittence bonus interest credit
some RM told me its only for 1 month and another told me the 0.73% is applicable for Jan, Feb and March...

Received mixed info on sign up gift $488
And to confirm able to get the $488 sign up gift, u have to fulfill BOTH of these citerias:
(1) must deposit min $200K for 90 days
(2) must deposit min $200K for 3 FULL consecutive months, meaning FEB, March and APRIL - which means can only remove the $200K by 1st May!?

can someone verify the above again, i've asked a few times and sometimes they tell me abt this clause (2) and other times they don't even mention... :vijayadmin:
Qualifying month for each promo - 3 months
The calculation meant to compare the overall benefits per annum so that one can compare with other banks competing for customers. The advantage for HSBC promo is that the funds stay liquid after 3 months
There is a lot to read to understand - I think it is important to have a good RM. I am lucky to have one which provide superb CS.

zumaba

Reaction score
My Advance Visa spending $3k+ was only given the cashback of $70 (cap), other than $125 (cap, 3.5%) as I am the Advance customer.

Called HSBC, CSO also no idea and only can tell me to investigate.

Please check your cashback to see if it is shorthanded.

johanyu

Reaction score
My Advance Visa spending $3k+ was only given the cashback of $70 (cap), other than $125 (cap, 3.5%) as I am the Advance customer.

Called HSBC, CSO also no idea and only can tell me to investigate.

Please check your cashback to see if it is shorthanded.

I spend below 2K and I am advance customer.
So, I get 2.5% which is correct.

laurent_rio

Reaction score
Anybody already received step up bonus interest for month Dec ?, for month Oct and Nov i received it 1st week of the following month

leesn74

Reaction score
The overseas remittance criteria is not bad. Assuming a fee of $25, you get $60 in interest. Nett earn $35
Has anyone with Premier account tried remitting money to an overseas account?
Which country?
Did recipient received the full amount ie no fees charge for receiving $?

I understand local charges will be borne by HSBC... but I am not sure if there will be any other charges

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long did you all take to get your arm/debit card? 1 week after creating the account they said my card has not been generated yet.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The overseas remittance criteria is not bad. Assuming a fee of $25, you get $60 in interest. Nett earn $35

2 years ago, I did a GBP 1500 remittance into Indonesian Bank account.

The charges were :
1) Cable Fees SGD20
2) TT Commission SGD15
3) Agent Bank Fee GBP10

Presumably, under the current promo for Premier, Cable & TT Comms can be waived, but the Agent Bank Fee will not be.

There is no telling how much the Agent Bank fee will be until the TT has been made.

kitkat2

Reaction score
2 years ago, I did a GBP 1500 remittance into Indonesian Bank account.

The charges were :
1) Cable Fees SGD20
2) TT Commission SGD15
3) Agent Bank Fee GBP10

Presumably, under the current promo for Premier, Cable & TT Comms can be waived, but the Agent Bank Fee will not be.

There is no telling how much the Agent Bank fee will be until the TT has been made.

what if we remit gbp1? the recipient would get nothing and the cost on the sender would be the lowest i guess.

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
I believe there are fixed minimum fees for small TT amounts

u wld just minimise FX conversion losses

one would interested not in doing actual money transfer but in getting the bonus interest for fx.

according to the tnc, the min tt amount is $1 in order to be eligible for bonus interest. so, send a $1 so that any unknown agent fee, correspondent bank fee or inward fee that would eat into the amount you send, would be limited $1. will it work?

i know that every usd tt will be cleared via a us bank and they will take usd25 each time. so, what if we send <usd25? will they take whatever that is there, like hsbc would take from us the fall below fee, or will they reject and bounce the tt?

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what I meant is even if TT just US$1, the agent bank fees would still be USD 25 in your example of a US bank clearing the TT

the amount will be deducted from your Premier account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.