[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Looking for throwing tips and thanks to funkysho bro come out an excellent one.

This throwing angle is really annoying because will hit the rim of my phone casing :spin:

ball released point seems a little higher than middle of screen?:s11:

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Today did kyogre raid but fled.

It is an absolute joke. Almost all balls airball. Just cannot throw far enough. This is ridiculous to the max. Not sure if the iphone 8 is wide enough to even get enough room to throw curve ball far enough and go back centre.

Now very panicky already. Kyogre, so tough. In 2 raids I think haven't got great throw. But now in fact got problem even hitting. Maybe must really explore throwing to the left.

1/2 for kyogre raid

Park raids done since announcement of official EX-raid: 13
Unique raid places done since announcement of Mewtwo: 63
Surplus of candies if power up 6 legendaries to level 30 (or level 30 to 35): 40
Premium raid pass carry over: 2

Same problem 2897 fled :( And my girl’s 284x fled too

Think NN patch the attack sequence. Some time after attack there is totally no circle and the ball hit empty . Plus few time the throw just not far enough no matter how hard I threw the balls. Even I got 2 greats and 3 normal out of 11 balls cannot nap it this time ... this is bad

1/4. In my account and my daughter account 0/3

Last edited:

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Question my line up is

Raikou 3k
Zapdo 2.9 And 2.8k
Groudon 3.6 x2
Groudon 2.8k which later I change to Lugia 3k

There were 20 in the gym and all my mons got knock out. Is there any better line up ?

I tried to dodge but find that is really no use as it still hit me with charge move.

This one is super angoying

Ps I just change my last line up to Kyogre 3.5k haven’t tested how good it is against itself

Last edited:

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Today did kyogre raid but fled.

It is an absolute joke. Almost all balls airball. Just cannot throw far enough. This is ridiculous to the max. Not sure if the iphone 8 is wide enough to even get enough room to throw curve ball far enough and go back centre.

Now very panicky already. Kyogre, so tough. In 2 raids I think haven't got great throw. But now in fact got problem even hitting. Maybe must really explore throwing to the left.

1/2 for kyogre raid

Surplus of candies if power up 6 legendaries to level 30 (or level 30 to 35): 40
Premium raid pass carry over: 2

I watch the video posted by funkysho again and it looks like we have to start at the left side of the screen and not center of the screen in order for the ball to fly far. I will try this later.

Thanks Funkysho

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
ball released point seems a little higher than middle of screen?:s11:

Closer to the middle of the screen coz all my videos, I crop out the top part. Nevertheless, u can see the Kyogre horizontal level to judge the distance according to ur own phone.

If u throw the "Groudon" way, most probably will veered to the left ( if counter-clockwise ) or right if clock-wise. Is ok if u going for Nice or Great throws. To hit center for excellent, really need to angle slightly lower and release it closer to the edge of the screen.

Not easy actually, and got lower margin for error coz any slight angle or release point change will either air-ball or veer off.

Now I'm just trying to go for Great throws which I can do it more consistently, coz veer off abit to the left can still hit Great.

mrhello

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today did 2nd kyogre raid. Caught 2307 CP kyogre!

There were 2 gyms close to each other that had L5 raids starting soon. Went to 1st gym to check if it was kyogre. 30-40 people waited as well. It hatched into groudon. Everyone marched like a platoon of disciplined soldiers to the 2nd gym. It hatched into kyogre!

As usual, threw badly but the strategy against kyogre is to just try and hit and pray for RNG. This time got 3 great balls but also 3 airballs. Screen was a bit sticky. Had to throw real HARD even with index finger as if in a discus throwing competition to hit it!

Kyogre is so hard to get and so powerful, cannot be too fussy. If nothing else, I'll just power up these 2307 and 2292 kyogres.

2/3 for kyogre raid

Surplus of candies if power up 6 legendaries to level 30 (or level 30 to 35): 46
Premium raid pass carry over: 3

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the f is wrong with Niantic for putting Groudon and Kyrogue side by side? My area all the Tier 5 eggs are Groudon and I went to 5 of them. Why can't they revert back to the old system where it is a one for one replacement? :mad:

Last edited:

Sgtrad

Reaction score
What the f is wrong with Niantic for putting Groudon and Kyrogue side by side? My area all the Tier 5 eggs are Groudon and I went to 5 of them. Why can't they revert back to the old system where it is a one by one replacement? :mad:

I found GBTB 26min left still had 20 in the gym. Go to hot gym there will still be people . But my sample size is only 1 today. Yesterday I went to kaki Bukit also left 35 Min and 20 too. I think you can wait for it to hatch and than rush there. Today weekend should have lots of people. I will be using premium pass too since only caught one. I think many other will also use premium pass . Give it a try

Sgtrad

Reaction score
What the f is wrong with Niantic for putting Groudon and Kyrogue side by side? My area all the Tier 5 eggs are Groudon and I went to 5 of them. Why can't they revert back to the old system where it is a one for one replacement? :mad:

Just flew to China town . 17 Min and still 20 players .

Tried the throw from left corner the balls just flew straight out.

Bad both my account and my girl’s account didn’t manage to catch

mrhello

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question my line up is

Raikou 3k
Zapdo 2.9 And 2.8k
Groudon 3.6 x2

There were 20 in the gym and all my mons got knock out. Is there any better line up ?

I tried to dodge but find that is really no use as it still hit me with charge move.

Ps I just change my last line up to Kyogre 3.5k haven’t tested how good it is against itself

It depends on what charge move it has.

Only raikou is consistently safe against all moves, at least neutral.

Zapdos is terrible against blizzard, groudon bad against hydro pump. Lugia is bad against both blizzard and thunder.

For me, my plan is:
Against thunder: groudon MS/SB, 2xraikous, 2xexeggutors, + 1 other (zapdos, exeggutor etc)
Against hydro pump: 4x exeggutors (or venusaur), 2xraikous
Against blizzard: 2xraikous, ampharos, jolteon + 2 others

It will be good to have another raikou.

I am learning to recognise which move through autoselection. If it selects venusaur I think it is probably hydro pump.

jannworld

Reaction score
Which charge move kyogre did ur squad encounter?

Question my line up is

Raikou 3k
Zapdo 2.9 And 2.8k
Groudon 3.6 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.