The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

bobaccord

Reaction score
Just sold my iphone x .. wanted to get a samsung note 8 for my Europe trip late March.. Should i wait for S9 :s11::s11:

Current price is around 1060 for note 8 ... Shall monitor further
Late March.. quite tight timing for S9 to reach your hands..

Why sell ipX?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

NN3519

Reaction score
get and save from carousell.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Thanks. Haha. I buying for family member who preferred to have Concierge thrown in so Carousell and Kasia were out of the qn. In the end got from their experience store.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Haha. I buying for family member who preferred to have Concierge thrown in so Carousell and Kasia were out of the qn. In the end got from their experience store.
oh I thought only wireless charger

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
They say they retain my phone for 2-3days for investigation, today is the third day, hopefully can collect.

do let us know your result . me and my wife's phone also . in samsung for replacement of screen . one suddenly no display . 1 is screen cracked . so paid for 1 screen at $426. but notice the back cover like abit gap and abit gluey type substance between the back case and mid frame . was told by the staff that it is liddat and that is the excess of the tape . they told me they cant do anything on it .

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, but will likely still come back to s9 if nothing crops up... imagine if s9 is 1.3k, then, i will stay with X. :D

note series expensive can understand.

but if s9+ is 1.3k even in 3rd pty shops then forget it.

must see what's the difference between note 8 and s9+ if 1.3k

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
note series expensive can understand.

but if s9+ is 1.3k even in 3rd pty shops then forget it.

must see what's the difference between note 8 and s9+ if 1.3k

i'm just saying, i didn't mean to say its confirmed. :D:D

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
From what I understand if I buy from those 3rd party phone shops (not singtel starhub m1 shops), I might get a set that is either singtel starhub m1. May I know can all those apps installed by singtel starhub m1 (apps already inside the phone) be deleted by myself? (I do not want to root)

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I understand if I buy from those 3rd party phone shops (not singtel starhub m1 shops), I might get a set that is either singtel starhub m1. May I know can all those apps installed by singtel starhub m1 (apps already inside the phone) be deleted by myself? (I do not want to root)

You can try changing the csc code to xsp, which is samsung set settings.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
You can try changing the csc code to xsp, which is samsung set settings.

I am newbie, can you explain how to do it?

Does it mean you change csc code to xsp already the set become reset like those non telco sets? Those extra apps bundled that is installed by telco will be deleted?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Does it mean you change csc code to xsp already the set become reset like those non telco sets? Those extra apps bundled that is installed by telco will be deleted?

Most of those applications can be deleted by your self. Changing CSC will do not much other than preventing the system to show Telco apps which are already within the system no matter what CSC you are on.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just for info. Our local set is multi csc, whatever telco apps apk are in the phone by default. Just that if the phone is singtel set, when you switch on the phone for the first time, whatever singtel app is in the phone gets installed.

Like what others mentioned, on note 8, these apps can be uninstalled like any other normal apps. If you still want to do it, best if you goggle on it and proceed with caution.

ShadowSin85

Reaction score
No need wait for samsung sg to push out update. Just odin install firmware from THL or XME latest firmware. Remember to select HOME CSC and you are good to go.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Most of those applications can be deleted by your self. Changing CSC will do not much other than preventing the system to show Telco apps which are already within the system no matter what CSC you are on.

Just for info. Our local set is multi csc, whatever telco apps apk are in the phone by default. Just that if the phone is singtel set, when you switch on the phone for the first time, whatever singtel app is in the phone gets installed.

Like what others mentioned, on note 8, these apps can be uninstalled like any other normal apps. If you still want to do it, best if you goggle on it and proceed with caution.

Does that mean after the first time turn on then delete singtel apps already, if in future I do a factory reset and switch on, if the phone is a singtel set it will install singtel apps again? Everytime factory reset need to manually delete the singtel apps.

If I delete all apps the note 8 can be as clean as like a non telco set bought from Samsung store correct?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Does that mean after the first time turn on then delete singtel apps already, if in future I do a factory reset and switch on, if the phone is a singtel set it will install singtel apps again? Everytime factory reset need to manually delete the singtel apps.

If I delete all apps the note 8 can be as clean as like a non telco set bought from Samsung store correct?

If you factory reset while on Telco CSC it will come back.

Yes you can but honestly the difference is so little afew apps in your app drawer only.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If there is such an app, everytime you factory reset, it will install at first start up. Its all in the phone since its multi csc phone.

Mine for example. Checked mine it show sth sth xsp. Meaning starhub starhub samsung singapore. Iam still unsure if my phone is a samsung set or starhub set since its from red white and my line is starhub.

But even if you dont want the telco apps if any, it can be uninstall right?

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
If you factory reset while on Telco CSC it will come back.

Yes you can but honestly the difference is so little afew apps in your app drawer only.

Change CSC then factory reset will it prevent singtel apps appearing forever? What CSC and how to change?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Change CSC then factory reset will it prevent singtel apps appearing forever? What CSC and how to change?

Changing CSC will factory reset the device with everything wiped. That has to happen.

CSC is Consumer Software Customization and denotes to a specific geographical region or carrier branding. While most features of a specific Galaxy device are common globally, there are a bunch of other features that may or not be available to the end users in a particular country and region.
Usually and commonly personalize your device by adding features like your native language pack, screen rotation control, infinite scrolling on home screen, turn on/off camera shutter sound and so on. Tons of features here and there even VOLTE settings

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED! YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU GO BY DOING THIS!
Usually, you've to type in your phone dialer *#272*Device IMEI# (Insert your Device IMEI). There you will be presented with a menu with all the CSC on your phone. XSP is Singapore, SIN is Singtel, MM1 is M1 and STH is Starhub.

The rest are other regional countries around us but you must avoid those, going to those there is no known way to come back to any Singapore CSC and the dialer code is disabled. The only way to fix is a visit to Samsung Service center

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Changing CSC will factory reset the device with everything wiped. That has to happen.

CSC is Consumer Software Customization and denotes to a specific geographical region or carrier branding. While most features of a specific Galaxy device are common globally, there are a bunch of other features that may or not be available to the end users in a particular country and region.
Usually and commonly personalize your device by adding features like your native language pack, screen rotation control, infinite scrolling on home screen, turn on/off camera shutter sound and so on. Tons of features here and there even VOLTE settings

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED! YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU GO BY DOING THIS!
Usually, you've to type in your phone dialer *#272*Device IMEI# (Insert your Device IMEI). There you will be presented with a menu with all the CSC on your phone. XSP is Singapore, SIN is Singtel, MM1 is M1 and STH is Starhub.

The rest are other regional countries around us but you must avoid those, going to those there is no known way to come back to any Singapore CSC and the dialer code is disabled. The only way to fix is a visit to Samsung Service center

I think I better don't touch CSC. Go to Samsung Service center to make it come back to Singapore CSC, need pay to any service/repair fees?

Anyone knows what 3rd party shops sell non telco, or Singtel Note 8?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.