Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
They need to wash the cars anyway, so if it's something that can be dealt with in 1 wash, it's not a problem.

estherhallo

Reaction score
Is this good rate?

Will be going for a road trip in WA in June.

Checked Hertz prices. It is quoting $748 for 10 days incl a child booster seat for Nissan Qashqai or similar. Is this considered good rate?

Thanks.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Will be going for a road trip in WA in June.

Checked Hertz prices. It is quoting $748 for 10 days incl a child booster seat for Nissan Qashqai or similar. Is this considered good rate?

Thanks.

It's a reasonable price as the Qashqai is classed as a SUV. I don't think that price includes any excess reduction?

estherhallo

Reaction score
Yeah, excess reduction not included.
Huh.. car rental is much more expensive than Melbourne/Victoria :( I could get a Mitsubishi outlander at only $49 per day with zero excess hmmm...

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Yeah, excess reduction not included.
Huh.. car rental is much more expensive than Melbourne/Victoria :( I could get a Mitsubishi outlander at only $49 per day with zero excess hmmm...

That definitely wouldn't be with Hertz or one of the major companies. For Perth, there are some companies that are offsite from the airport that provides a much lower rate, if that is what you are after.

spurman

Reaction score
Wanna share me experience on sep to perth.

Was a quick and good expereience renting car from Ace Rental Cars.

Cost about A$20++ per day.

Total dmg for one week was like A$200++.

Maybe you guys would like to consider.

It ferry you from the airport to their car rental, about 10 minutes dist.

Sounds cool. Am checking out some sites like avis. Hertz for 6 days rental for a mpv. Prob carnival or imax. Avg is 900 to 1k liao. But ace car rental is based price 510 nia. Add unlimited km 60bucks. Which is still cheap... plus it says free pick up from airport to rental place. Hmm. Seems good. Hehe.

Tempted to book.

Hetz do have a q7 option... tempting too as price is 900 range. Even cheaper than booking carnival frm them leh...

bryan76

Reaction score
Yea just go with bayswater, only issue is you need to take their shuttle from airport..

check with you, u need to call them to get them to pick u up? perth airport dont have free local calls right?

nlee84

Reaction score
Hertz

Am looking at Hertz because I'm returning the car on Sat at 4.30pm and Bayswater / ACE don't have that timing for car return.

1) Excess
I can't find anywhere that talks about the excess. Is it $4000? Can someone advise? I'm intending to get a separate insurance from Tripcover to cover any excess.

2) Additional Driver
I saw this:

ADDITIONAL DRIVER CHARGE (per driver)
Per Day (inc. GST) Capped at 5 Days (inc. GST)
AUD $5.50 AUD $27.50

The following persons are exempt:
All contract rates
All insurance rentals
Hertz Gold Customers
Additional drivers with the same residential address as the primary driver
Rentals taking place at Burnie, Devonport, Hobart and Launceston

So does this means if the additional driver has the same residential address as the primary driver, no need for the extra charge? So confusing.

Or can the additional driver just sign up for the Hertz Gold Plus? since it's free anyway.

Thanks!

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Am looking at Hertz because I'm returning the car on Sat at 4.30pm and Bayswater / ACE don't have that timing for car return.

1) Excess
I can't find anywhere that talks about the excess. Is it $4000? Can someone advise? I'm intending to get a separate insurance from Tripcover to cover any excess.

2) Additional Driver
I saw this:

ADDITIONAL DRIVER CHARGE (per driver)
Per Day (inc. GST) Capped at 5 Days (inc. GST)
AUD $5.50 AUD $27.50

The following persons are exempt:
All contract rates
All insurance rentals
Hertz Gold Customers
Additional drivers with the same residential address as the primary driver
Rentals taking place at Burnie, Devonport, Hobart and Launceston

So does this means if the additional driver has the same residential address as the primary driver, no need for the extra charge? So confusing.

Or can the additional driver just sign up for the Hertz Gold Plus? since it's free anyway.

Thanks!

1. The excess is different depending on the car type. $4k should be roughly the amount for most types.

2. They won't charge or add the person to the contract if the additional drivers have the same residential address. In terms of Hertz Gold membership, only the primary renter would need to sign up. However, there is a potential issue if you're using third party excess reduction providers such as Tripcover. These providers would only cover drivers who are listed on the rental contract, and since these free additional drivers won't appear on the contract, you may have issues if you need to make a claim. Also note that the person at the Hertz counter would usually have no clue and would refuse to add the additional person into the contract.

nlee84

Reaction score
1. The excess is different depending on the car type. $4k should be roughly the amount for most types.

2. They won't charge or add the person to the contract if the additional drivers have the same residential address. In terms of Hertz Gold membership, only the primary renter would need to sign up. However, there is a potential issue if you're using third party excess reduction providers such as Tripcover. These providers would only cover drivers who are listed on the rental contract, and since these free additional drivers won't appear on the contract, you may have issues if you need to make a claim. Also note that the person at the Hertz counter would usually have no clue and would refuse to add the additional person into the contract.

Ah... thanks! Then I'll probably reconsider. Maybe will go for Bayswater, though I may need to go to the airport earlier. But for 1.5hr earlier, I have so much more savings... which I think is quite worth it.

ANy one can shed more light on how the Bayswater pick up works? Or how much does it cost to take a taxi/uber x from the Bayswater office to the airport?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Ah... thanks! Then I'll probably reconsider. Maybe will go for Bayswater, though I may need to go to the airport earlier. But for 1.5hr earlier, I have so much more savings... which I think is quite worth it.

ANy one can shed more light on how the Bayswater pick up works? Or how much does it cost to take a taxi/uber x from the Bayswater office to the airport?

The last shuttle departs at 2.30pm, and is $5 per pax.

gnooliew

Reaction score
Is $370 nissan qashqai for 4 day with hertz with max cover (which covers excess, SVA,roadside service, loss of possession and personal accidents) an ok deal? Alternative is $340 for suzuki swift with max cover. Bayswater not open during my period unfortunately.

Thrifty has yaris for $220 but need to get allianz insurance separately which does not cover windscreen and tyres damage.

Last edited:

dlimye

Reaction score
actually have y'all tried to take a look at redspot car rentals? they have a counter in perth and i rented from them last year. had quite a good experience. new and clean kia cerato

estherhallo

Reaction score
Is $370 nissan qashqai for 4 day with hertz with max cover (which covers excess, SVA,roadside service, loss of possession and personal accidents) an ok deal? Alternative is $340 for suzuki swift with max cover. Bayswater not open during my period unfortunately.

Thrifty has yaris for $220 but need to get allianz insurance separately which does not cover windscreen and tyres damage.

Same here, can't use Bayswater as well. I feel the rental rate is still too high. waiting for promo.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score

Bit late, but just saw this. If you're getting excess reduction insurance, some companies (e.g. tripcover) also covers for windscreen and tyres damages.

Same here, can't use Bayswater as well. I feel the rental rate is still too high. waiting for promo.

As long as it's not the prepaid rate, you can book it first and cancel at any time without fees/charges while waiting for promos and looking for better deals.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need advice for accident of Hertz vehicle. We met with a minor accident at a carpark when one pick up reverse into our rented vehicle.

When I return the car, we informed the company and as per rental agreement, pay up the excess as we were told that they would refund us when the other party has paid up the damages.

Upon returning of the car at Perth airport on Saturday, the lady told us that they will call me and the 3rd party on Monday to inform us of the quotation for the damage and would settle it and refund my excess within 14 business days.

Till today, no call has been made to me and I have no idea what is the status of the claim. Able to advice on what to do as Hertz provide no number to call from Singapore and they are not responsive to emails.

Thanks in advance
a reminder to all travellers

the risks of rental. cos when u are paying excess, they dun care. u may need police report for some of this run in. such as the one bluesurfer posted. another thing is, if u r in the car when that happen, must die die claim for car accident injury on that person who ram into ur vehicular.

if u are very used to set up camrec in ur sg cars, if u dun hiam mafan, u can also do that for that car u rent. some incidents can leave u very speechless, llst u fork out money for nothing

1 personal story, me n friends rental a car from thrifty, and no insurances, i wasnt aware my frd was very poor he din say. so we met up w car accident on freeway, van high speed spun from lane 4 to lane 1 on a heavy downpour night, hit us hard as we are on 70km/hr on a 110km/hr freeway. what happen if the van driver did not honor to use his insurances? police din even wanna come out. the hyundai car was semi gone, the van, jus a small dent.....

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if take up $0 excess can just walk away without any liability right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.