HTC U11 Plus

Reaction score
Haha... I guess it will be either end of Q2 or beginning or Q3 for U12 to reach Singapore if they launch at MWC 2018 in Feb 2018.

According to leaks, U12 launches globally in May while the Plus variant in October, meaning the Plus could see its launch here no earlier than Q1 2019...

Hmm... Why is HTC launching u11 eye instead of the actual u11+??

Neck getting longer and longer...
I would be more inclined to believe a gap in registration for respective devices to actual launch and release of the said device. Note that SIRIM got the registration 2+ weeks earlier than IMDA-TLS for the same device (29 Nov 2017 for Malaysia SIRIM vs 15 Dec 2017 for Singapore IMDA-TLS). And HTC Malaysia finally got the launch and pre-order date around 6 weeks after their own registration was approved. So hopefully if a similar fashion plays out, Singapore's launch of the U11+ could happen in either last week of January or first week of February, hopefully the earlier date so that your necks can stop growing any longer perhaps...
Also, U11 EYEs are likely not for our markets, since they mentioned launching this mid-ranger in East Asia Regions only (Taiwan, HK and PR China).

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to leaks, U12 launches globally in May while the Plus variant in October, meaning the Plus could see its launch here no earlier than Q1 2019...

I also read that U12 may launch in May 2018 from the leaks unless HTC is able to push to MWC 2018.

KeyPie

Reaction score
I was in HK and TW recently.

In HK those Harvey Norman-type of store (Fortress to be exact), U11+ was going for around S$950. I remember there were further discount because of Christmas sale so it was even lower.

In TK I saw in the duty free shop in airport, going for around S$970.

Just got mine from a trip to HK :D Works perfectly ah

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
Gave up waiting, got a Mate 10 for like $700 BNIB with 2 years warranty and it works great, fast and battery life is actually very good, i estimated i can get 5 to 6 hours of SOT on with dual sims!

Cheaper and great SOT!

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got mine from a trip to HK :D Works perfectly ah

I was thinking real hard if I should buy it, but ultimately decided against it as I thought Singapore will launch soon. But seems like no news up to now and my HTC 10 is dying.

Phone always restarts on its own when battery <20% and will stuck in an infinite loop of restarts unless I plug in a charger. Seems like a battery issue.

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
I am done waiting for the U11+. I will just wait for the U12. It's already 2018 haha

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
Gave up waiting, got a Mate 10 for like $700 BNIB with 2 years warranty and it works great, fast and battery life is actually very good, i estimated i can get 5 to 6 hours of SOT on with dual sims!

Cheaper and great SOT!

update on my Mate 10

12 hrs since last charge, 3hrs 12 min SOT, 53% left..

this is with dual SIM standby and BT on to my huawei watch 2..

awesome batt life.. HTC and go rot man.. haha..

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update on my Mate 10

Why didn't you go for HTC U11?

Reaction score
update on my Mate 10

Sorry, but Huawei is under my personal blacklist of device brands and high on that list (together with Xiaomi and Lenovo-Motorola). And I am quite particularly wary of Made-In-China smartphone and especially their software...

durianpancakes

Reaction score
I was thinking real hard if I should buy it, but ultimately decided against it as I thought Singapore will launch soon. But seems like no news up to now and my HTC 10 is dying.

Phone always restarts on its own when battery <20% and will stuck in an infinite loop of restarts unless I plug in a charger. Seems like a battery issue.

Maybe can go 3rd party shop and fix?

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but Huawei is under my personal blacklist of device brands and high on that list (together with Xiaomi and Lenovo-Motorola). And I am quite particularly wary of Made-In-China smartphone and especially their software...

Don't be paranoid..

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Haha... How about Vivo, Oppo and OnePlus since they are also MIC?

Moving forward, I guess the smartphone industry will only left with Apple, Samsung and maybe Google which are non MIC. LG and HTC are losing money every quarter.

wusgnb

Reaction score

you can buy from malaysia, preorder now and can take on next week

newgs01

Reaction score

Unfortunately, most shops don't have the battery in stock. But it's easy to get it shipped in cheap. I am have asked around, workmanship is about $30.

My Taiwan set just received the Oreo update. This should extend the life by a few more months.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haha... How about Vivo, Oppo and OnePlus since they are also MIC?

Moving forward, I guess the smartphone industry will only left with Apple, Samsung and maybe Google which are non MIC. LG and HTC are losing money every quarter.

FYI, only THREE major companies (that have phones sold here) have close-to-ZERO MIC components in them: Sony, HTC and LG, with high majority of components produced and assembled in their respective home countries (Japan, Taiwan and South Korea), with a separate facility in India made for India's domestic market only (adding to Panasonic's Eluga Smartphones). And don't forget, Sony also supplied the made-in-japan camera parts for HTC's U Series smartphones as well, which contributed to the high DxO rating for the U11's camera. Samsung on the other hand had production facilities largely in PR China and Vietnam. Google's Pixel 2 Series phones are made in Taiwan for the 5-inch Pixel 2 (by HTC) and in South Korea for the 6-inch Pixel 2 XL (by LG), the former being only an export model here (but with sellers of its 9H Tempered Glass compatible with the Pixel 2).

Given the "not-so-confirmed" and "confirmed and verified" issues with China-made smart devices (which includes two of my previous smartphones/tablets), I would prefer to play a bit safe here to narrow down on these three brands instead. Thing is, HTC has been made vulnerable financially due to the large financial revenue being re-ploughed back into making their next device (in the R&D and Vive VR Headset departments) while Sony and LG have their professional camera and home appliance businesses respectively to fall back on to patch up losses if required, both of which have the same production and assembly sourcing as their smartphones.

Last, but not least, to sprinkle in even more drama in the mix, the US Commerce Department is currently investigating Huawei's dealings in Syria, Cuba, Iran and Sudan. While ZTE was already fined over US$1.2 billion in 2016 after violating U.S.-Iran sanctions by shipping product from the U.S. to Iran and then lying about it in front of federal investigators.

New bill bans US government agencies using contractors with Huawei or ZTE tech - TechCrunch

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.